Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The speed of travel across a zipline could be controlled, based on the position of the user. Tucking one's limbs, thus lessening drag, could permit one to slide along the line more quickly.
As they were common around Constantinople, ziplines were often used by the Ottoman Assassins. Upon establishing Assassin Dens in certain districts, they would set up more ziplines in the area, to allow faster navigation. Equally knowing this, Byzantines would attempt to destroy the ziplines whenever they captured any dens.
An Assassin was also able to use a zipline for an offense advantage, and could drop from them to perform air assassinations on enemies in the streets, or on a lower rooftop. Additionally, should an enemy be standing at the end of a zipline, an Assassin could also use the momentum of traveling along the line to kill them, or knock them down.
During the 19th century, the Templar Blighters gang leader Rexford Kaylock of Whitechapel equipped a grappling hook pistol that could deploy a rope launcher, using it to get to the rooftops quickly.
By 1868, the British Assassins Jacob and Evie Frye defeated the Whitechapel Blighters, retrieving the grappling hook pistol in the process. Their inventor ally Alexander Graham Bell modified the mechanism for it to be attached to their bracers as a makeshift zipline.
- Ziplines could be boarded along any point in the line.
- Parachuting onto a zipline was required to unlock the "Show Off" achievement.
- On rare occasions, Byzantines could still be seen trying to destroy ziplines, even if Constantinople was completely under Assassin control.
- The higher post of most ziplines had the Assassin insignia and a white flag on the top.
- The Assassin Ratonhnhaké:ton used a variant of the zipline to infiltrate Fort Wolcott.
- If a knife was equipped instead of the tomahawk, the animation didn't change, and the knife seemed to stick to the side of the rope.