|X Marks the Spot|
Ezio and the other Assassins gathered in Mario's study.
- Mario: Ezio!
- Ezio: It is time, uncle. Let us finish what you and my father started all those years ago...
- Mario: Indeed. Perhaps now we can finally make sense of this prophecy – and put a stop to whatever it is the Spaniard is plotting.
- Ezio: We should start by locating the Vault. The Codex pages will lead us to it. Let's take a look.
Ezio placed the Apple of Eden in front of the Codex pages and assembled the map, causing the Apple to activate.
- Ezio: It... It is a map of the entire world... But... there are lands shown here that do not exist...
- Machiavelli: Apparently they do exist. I imagine they've yet to be discovered. Or rediscovered...
- Ezio: How is this possible?
- Machiavelli: Perhaps the Vault will hold the answer.
- Paola: Do you see where it is then?
- Ezio: No! It can't be! The Vault... It looks like the Vault is in Roma. Then the Spaniard... This is why he became Pope!
- Mario: Now I understand! It's not the Vault alone he's gained access to - but the staff as well!
- Teodora: What staff?
- Mario: The Codex always spoke of two keys... two Pieces of Eden needed to open the Vault. One is the Apple...
- Ezio: And the other is the staff... The Papal Staff is the second Piece of Eden.
- Mario: For years... No, decades... We have sought these answers.
- Paola: And now, at last, we have them...
- Antonio: But so too could the Spaniard... And if he does... if he finds a way into the Vault... Its contents will make the Apple seem a trifling thing.
- Ezio: I must go to Roma and find the Vault. What of the rest of you?
- Bartolomeo: We'll do what we do best, cause some trouble in the city, giving you the freedom to conduct your search.
- Mario: Just let me know when you are ready, nipote (nephew).
The Assassins discovered the location of the Vatican Vault, and Ezio went to Rome to assassinate Rodrigo Borgia.
- The "undiscovered lands" that Ezio and Machiavelli discussed were the Americas, which had unknowingly been rediscovered in 1492 through Christoffa Corombo's voyage, whom Ezio had met years earlier.