Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
William Robert Woodman (1828 – 20 December 1891), also referred to as Frater V.O.V. in the Abstergo Industries DDS, was a co-founder of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn alongside William Wynn Westcott and Samuel Liddell Mathers.
- "I briefly wonder who of my two colleagues, of my two oldest and dearest friends, the assassin works for. [...] One wants me dead; the other has a much more sinister idea."
- ―Woodman pondering on the attempt on his life.[src]
A little before Christmas, Woodman tended to the flowers in his greenhouse, when he was approached by a young Gustav Meyrink, who asked for his help as an editor. Woodman only mumbled noncommittally, but Gustav seemed satisfied.
Knowing that one of his two oldest friends was responsible, out of friendship and faithfulness to him, Woodman nonetheless did not resist, and succumbed to the killer's poison.
- "They wish I wouldn't spy on them now, but they know I'm here. They always do. I've rarely met humans so gifted before."
- ―Woodman on his contact with Mathers and Moina.[src]
Even after death, Woodman somehow continued to live on, even observing his own funeral and commenting that the ceremony was "well performed—though completely useless."
Woodman went on to observe the downfall of his Order by following Samuel Mathers to important meetings. He saw Aleister Crowley's initiation into the Inner Order, Mathers meeting with one of the Secret Chiefs, who revealed to Mathers how important Woodman had been, and Mathers' resignation from the Order. He was also present during Moina's prediction of the downfall of the Order.
- "V.O.V." referred to the Latin phrase "vincit omnia veritas," meaning "truth conquers all." The phrase was also used as a memory title in Woodman's chapter in Assassin's Creed: Project Legacy.