Jacob or Evie spoke with Karl Marx, who suspected a local company of abusing its workforce and hoped to find proof of their misdeeds.
- Marx: Corruption reigns here, I am sure of it. The number of people injured by their machinery cannot be calculated and yet the company continues to prosper. They must be stopped, for the sake of the poor workers they abuse. If only we had some form of proof. There must be records of the accidents somewhere inside, which would surely prove their malfeasance. I should think you'd need to find the foreman, but how you'd convince him to give you the reports... Perhaps... If they think the factory's on fire, you might bluff your way past...
Jacob or Evie infiltrated the factory and began setting fire to bales of cotton, filling the building with smoke.
- Foreman: Fire! Somebody call for the Fire Brigade! Everone out!
Jacob or Evie spoke with the foreman.
- Foreman: The whole place is going to burn! Get a fire engine here! Quickly!
Jacob or Evie hijacked a fire truck, following which they returned to the factory.
- Foreman: Oh, thank God. We're saved.
Jacob or Evie then spoke to the foreman.
- Jacob: Saved? Are you daft? What about the reports? Your masters won't be happy if their accounts go up in smoke.
- Evie: What about any reports? We must get them out of there before the fire takes them!
- Foreman: Mother of God! You're right! Follow me, quickly!
Jacob or Evie followed the foreman into the factory.
- Foreman: They should be just inside here. There they are... good... they're safe.
Jacob or Evie then quickly stole the reports.
- Policeman: Oi! What do you think you're doing? Stop, thief!
Jacob or Evie escaped the area.
One of the Frye twins acquired reports confirming Marx's suspicions about the factory.