Il Carnefice lives on the hill overlooking the gallows. Locate and kill him.
Ezio Auditore came across a husband who had lost his wife, Livia, to one of the Borgia's minions, Il Carnefice. The husband wished to take her body down, however, he feared that the executioner would punish him. Ezio assured the man that he would deal with the executioner, and left for his hill-top home.
Ezio approached the grieving man by the gallows, and looked upon the man's wife, who was still hanging from the noose.
- Ezio: She was beautiful.
- Husband: She was...until that porco (pig) defiled her. I wish he'd just killed her. I wish he'd just killed la mia amata (my beloved)! People who saw her grow up cheered when he spat on her! Smiles on their faces when her neck...
- Ezio: I understand.
- Husband: How can you? My Livia was innocent!
- Ezio: I have lost family to the rope...to treachery.
- Husband: Il Carnefice watches from his home on the hill above. He threatens to hang me if I cut her rope.
- Ezio: When you are ready, take her down. I will deal with Il Carnefice.
On top of the hill at Il Carnefice’s house, Ezio eavesdropped on a group of guards.
- Borgia Soldier: Nice work down there.
- Il Carnefice: Not my best, but it’s hard to make art with poor materials.
Ezio attacked Il Carnefice and his men.
- Il Carnefice: You didn't think this through!
Tell me if you need to rest.
Uh, which limb shall I take first, huh? Maybe I will start with that pretty head?
Ha! Good! Good!
You've tasted blood before!
Ezio killed Il Carnefice.
- Ezio: Requiescat in pace. (Rest in peace.)
Ezio assassinated Il Carnefice and escaped the area, becoming anonymous.