- Rodrigo: "Don't you know what lies within? Or do you mean to tell me that the great and powerful Assassins didn't figure it out?"
- Ezio: "Figure what out?"
- Rodrigo: "God! It's God that dwells within!"
- —Rodrigo Borgia and Ezio Auditore before the Vault.[src]
Recognized as "the Prophet" in 1499, Ezio Auditore was able to access the Vault by using the Papal Staff, in conjunction with his Apple of Eden. Despite attempting to use the same two Pieces of Eden, Rodrigo Borgia was unable to open the door to the Vault.
The floors, walls, and pillars of the Vault were covered in glyphs that only appeared to Ezio as he moved toward them. The entire chamber and the hallway leading to it were marked with lines of blue light, an appearance iconic to most Vaults.
Upon the arrival of Ezio Auditore, Minerva explained that her race had created mankind, but had faced rebellion soon thereafter. Glyphs on the wall confirmed this, showing an Egyptian hieroglyphic with one of the First Civilization holding a Piece of Eden, as humans charged toward them with weapons.
She also spoke of several Temples that had been built by "those who knew to turn away from war," presumably referring to those who did not fight in the Human-Isu War. These Temples or Vaults had been built to protect the world from a repeat of the First Disaster, which had nearly wiped out both warring species.
Finally, Minerva spoke through Ezio to directly address Desmond Miles, who she knew would look through his ancestor's memories with the Animus. She tasked Desmond with locating the other Temples, and averting a second cataclysm.
- The walls of the Vault were covered in symbols, including Sumerian numerals.
- The Vault in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood appears to have been redesigned since Assassin's Creed II, where the floor has a shiny, polished look, and the walls and obelisks are blue and give off a dim glow.
- After leaving the Vault with Mario Auditore, the player cannot return to the Vault even after completing the game.
- In Assassin's Creed III, the conversation between Ezio and Minerva is displayed twice, once by Juno to Desmond, and in the introduction recap. In both instances though, the outfit Ezio wore was incorrect.
- REDIRECT Template:Isu