The Vanguard (real name: Oksana Razin) was an Animi Avatar used by Abstergo Industries to train recruits in the second stage of their Animi Training Program. She used a small hatchet as her primary weapon.
The Vanguard had several unique moves:
(Low Profile, Front)
The Vanguard pulls out her hatchet and butts the head into her target's stomach, winding them, which makes them bend over. After this, she swings the hatchet down at her victim's exposed back, severing their spine and killing them. Following this, she then removes her axe as she watches them collapse backwards.
(Low Profile, Back)
The Vanguard takes out her hatchet and embeds it into the right of her target's hip, making them recoil in agony, before she removes her weapon and strikes down hard in between their shoulder blades. Driving her victim to their knees, she letting them collapse as she sheathes her axe.
(High Profile, Front)
The Vanguard runs up to her target and suddenly swings her axe into her victim's forehead. While her victim kneels, she shunts their head up with her knee, freeing the axehead. Following this, as their head flies back, she then spins around to gain momentum and slits her victim's throat with the razor edge of her axe.
(High Profile, Back)
As the Vanguard runs behind her target, she grabs her target's right shoulder and uses her legs to swing herself up into the air and over them. While in mid-air, she embeds her hatchet into her victim's ribcage violently, before she slices the axe deeply more into their chest as she rips it out.
The Vanguard grabs her seated target's foot and drags them off the bench, until their head rests against it. Before her victim can do anything to defend themselves, the Vanguard forcefully kicks them in the face, violently sending their head backwards and breaking her target's neck on the bench behind them.
The Vanguard jumps from the building as she pounces on her target, then smashes her axe into their head, brutally killing them, before she gets up and hastily yanks it out.
- "Is that all you have?"
- "I'm doing you a favor."
- "You are lucky it was me."
- "You had no chance my friend."
- "Think of how famous you'll be."
- "You never stood a chance."
The Vanguard could be customized in different ways:
- Basic: Lime green.
- Extra 1: Byzantium purple.
- Extra 2: Gray.
- Head 1: A double necklace with collar straps.
- Head 2: A triple necklace.
- Head 3: A single bead necklace.
- Chest 1: A simple, corset style shirt.
- Chest 2: A shirt with white, arrow shaped embroidery.
- Chest 3: A shirt that has a red, folded over top.
- Arms 1: A single band on the right and three on the left.
- Arms 2: Metal wrist bracers.
- Arms 3: A fancier version of 1.
- Legs 1: Simple boots.
- Legs 2: Black and white boots.
- Legs 3: Gilded red boots.
- Belt 1: A cloth belt with jewel ornaments.
- Belt 2: A black cloth with white crests.
- Belt 3: A thin red extravangant belt.
- Accessory 1: A cap with a white arrow shaped symbol on the front.
- Accessory 2: A cap with a black arrow shaped symbol on the front.
- Accessory 3: A curved white arrow, with some red.
- Small Axe: Primary
- Dagger: Secondary
- Small Sword: Secondary
- Basic: A folding hidden blade attached to the wrist.
- Extra 1: A small pike dagger attached to the back of the belt.
- Extra 2: A small katar, similar to a push dagger, attached to the back of the belt.