The Vanguard (harvested from: Oksana Razin) was an Animi Avatar used by Abstergo Industries to train recruits in the second stage of their Animi Training Program. She used a small hatchet as her primary weapon.
The Vanguard had several unique moves:
(Low Profile, Front)
Casually approaching from the front, the Vanguard pulls out her weapon and butts its head into her target's stomach, winding them, which makes them bend over. Wasting no time, she swings the hatchet down at her victim's exposed back, severing their spine and killing them. She then removes her axe from their body and stores it back at her waist as her contract collapses backwards.
(Low Profile, Back)
Taking out her hatchet, the Vanguard embeds it into the right of her target's hip, making them recoil in agony, before she removes her weapon and strikes down hard in between their shoulder blades. Her victim driven to their knees, she lets them collapse as she sheathes her axe.
(High Profile, Front)
Rushing headlong towards her target, the Vanguard suddenly swings her axe into her victim's forehead, causing her victim to kneel slightly. She then shunts their lowered head up with her knee, freeing the axehead and exposing her target's neck. In one fluid motion, she spins around to gain momentum and finishes off her target by slitting their throat with the razor edge of her axe.
(High Profile, Back)
Running up to her target from behind, the Vanguard grabs their right shoulder and uses her legs to swing herself up into the air and over them. While in mid-air, she embeds her hatchet into her victim's ribcage violently, before she slices the axe deeply more into their chest as she rips it out.
Grabbing her seated target's foot, the Vanguard drags them off the bench until their head rests against it. Before her victim can do anything to defend themselves, she forcefully kicks them in the face, violently sending their head backwards and breaking her target's neck on the bench behind them.
Having spotted her target, the Vanguard leaps from above and draws her hatchet in mid-air. With the added momentum, she smashes her axe into their head, brutally killing them, before she gets up and hastily yanks it out.
- "Is that all you have?"
- "I'm doing you a favor."
- "You're lucky it was me."
- "Think of how famous you'll be."
- "Good night, sweetheart."
- "I am the kiss of death."
- "You had no chance, my friend."
The Vanguard could be customized in different ways:
- Basic: Lime green.
- Extra 1: Byzantium purple.
- Extra 2: Gray.
- Head 1: A double necklace with collar straps.
- Head 2: A triple necklace.
- Head 3: A single bead necklace.
- Chest 1: A simple, corset style robe with a low-cut black undershirt.
- Chest 2: A robe with white, arrow shaped embroidery, as well as an added skirt worn over the pants.
- Chest 3: A robe with multiple red folds and a white undershirt.
- Arms 1: A small, coiling band on both wrists.
- Arms 2: Embellished, metal wrist bracers.
- Arms 3: A sturdier white band with Greek design on both wrists.
- Legs 1: White baggy pants and simple tan boots.
- Legs 2: White baggy pants featuring two horizontal lines around the knee area, as well as black and white boots.
- Legs 3: Striped white baggy pants and gilded red boots.
- Belt 1: A cloth belt with jewel ornaments.
- Belt 2: A black cloth with white crests.
- Belt 3: A thin red extravangant belt.
- Accessory 1: A cap with black diamond designs on the front and back.
- Accessory 2: A cap with white diamond designs on the front and back.
- Accessory 3: A curved white arrow, with some red designs.
- Small Axe: Primary.
- Dagger: Secondary.
- Sword: Secondary.
- Basic: A two-hinge, folding hidden blade attached to the wrist.
- Extra 1: A small pike dagger attached to the back of the belt.
- Extra 2: A small katar, similar to a push dagger, attached to the back of the belt.
- A painting of the Vanguard could be found in the Northwest Passage, hidden away in the captain's quarters of one of the trapped ships.