Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
23 November 1718
- Vane: So Thatch has been topped... Fuck's sake.
- Edward: He was outnumbered. I couldn't reach him.
- Vane: Devil damn the man, he was fierce. But his heart was divided.
- Edward: It's hard to let go of the life you know best.
- Vane: Aye. My own idiot father liked to brag about how he meant to purchase a ship of his own. 'I'll get a privateering contract, Charlie. Your old dad will be a captain.' Drowned in a whiskey bottle before he ever left shore. Right, Kenway... I been musing on this plan of yours. This... Observatory you're always going on about. How do we know it exists?
- Edward: We find a slave ship called the Princess. Aboard should be a man called Roberts. He can lead us to it.
- Vane: All them slavers work for the Royal African Company. Let's find one of their ships and start asking some questions.
The men began to search for a slave ship.
- Adéwalé: What's our course, Captain?
- Edward: We're looking for slave ships. Any that work for the Royal African Company.
- Adéwalé: You don't mean to traffic in human cargo now, do you?
- Edward: No. Jaysus, Adé. You know me better than that. We're only after information. Looking to find where the Princess docks in her spare time.
- Adéwalé: The Princess... a slave ship?
- Edward: Aye. Blackbeard told me there was a good chance we'd find the Sage aboard her.
- Adéwalé: Captain. Vane just sunk a merchant schooner.
- Edward: Damn! Can't that animal stay the course we agreed to?
Edward located a slave ship, known as the Royal African Pearl.
- Adéwalé: Don't sink that slaver's ship, Kenway! There's hundreds of innocent men aboard.
- Edward: I know. I know!
- Adéwalé: She's spooked, Captain! The slaver's ship is running!
- Edward: Damned fool! I'll get us in close!
- Adéwalé: Damn that captain Vane! He's unloading everything he has.
- Edward: He'll sink it if he's not careful. We'll get closer.
The slave ship disabled the Ranger.
- Adéwalé: Vane's dead in the water!
- Edward: I'm taking us close.
Edward sailed over to Vane's ship.
- Adéwalé: Lay aboard boys! Fast as you are! All clear! Pull away!
- Vane: Chase those bastards down, Kenway! I'll murder the men who scuttled my ship!
- Edward: Keep calm, mate. Remember what we're after.
- Adéwalé: Keep wide of the fort, captain. Those cannons have a long reach.
They managed to board the ship.
- Edward: We're going over! Find the captain!
- Vane: Come at me, roysters! You scurvy maggot brains!
- Edward: Guns and steel answer louder than sticks and spittle, Vane!
- Vane: I've more than enough of all that!
- Edward: Just find the captain!
They overtook the men on the ship.
- Edward: This captain claims the Princess sails out of Kingston every few months.
- Vane: All right. We'll set a course.
- Captain: You made hash of my sails and rigging, jackanapes! You owe me a share.
Vane swiftly shot the captain.
- Captain: Ah!
- Edward: Damnit, Vane!
- Rackham: Oh Charles! What a surly devil you are!
- Vane: Don't fuck with me, Jack.
- Rackham: But it's my mandate to fuck with you, Charles. Lads!
Vane's crew pulled their weapons on Edward, Adéwalé and Charles.
- Adéwalé: Ah!
- Rackham: See... the boys and I had a bit of a council while you were wasting time with this lot, and well, they figured that I'll be a fitter captain than you reckless dogs.
- Vane: I'll cut you another cunt, traitor!
- Rackham: This one I figure I may sell for a tenner in Kingston. But with you two grog-blossoms, I can't take any chances.
- Edward: You'll regret this day, Rackham.
- Rackham: I regret most of them already. Tie 'em up. Cast 'em off.
Edward and Vane were left on the disabled Ranger.
- Vane: I'll gut you, Jack Rackham! I'll open you up, I'll tear out your organs, and string a bloody lute with 'em!
- Edward: Stop your god damned howling, Vane! It's no bloody use!
- Vane: Well, well, the fearsome Edward Kenway speaks! Pray tell us, captain, how to quit this predicament! And tell us what genius you have for sailing a boat with no sails and no rudder!
- Edward: Shut your gob!
Edward gained information on the Princess, but due to Rackham's mutiny, he and Vane were stranded on the destroyed Ranger.
- The name of the memory is a reference to the 2009 film, Inglourious Basterds.