Sooooo, you like to play Castlevania...Edit
- That's true. Think you're up for it? Normally, I'd ask GI, but he's gone dark, as I'm sure you know. It shouldn't be too challenging, since my avatars aren't too extraordinary. --The Crimson Eagle Intercom 19:47, October 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Very well. I was thinking of Bane's face (I can provide a good image for that if needed) on this render (if you think old Altaïr is a bad choice and can think of something better, let me know; I'd hate for people to judge me), and recolour the white parts black (pretty dark; darker than my current avatar), the grey parts dark red, and the red parts gold. Maybe make his boots black too. I've set up a 'key' so you know what I'm on about here. If you could sent me the render of that, I can slap it onto a background I have.
- By the way, happy birthday. Sorry, it slipped my mind until now. --The Crimson Eagle Intercom 20:06, October 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Ooh, very pretty! Thanks, Kain! --The Crimson Eagle Intercom 15:35, October 21, 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for the welcomeEdit
Hey there, Crimson! Thanks for that welcome, it's nice to see that this Wiki has a very welcoming community, always a great first impression. I hope to do what I can to help out, and hope to see you around!
- Don't mention it. Glad to hear that you plan on helping, and I'm certain you'll see me around. --The Crimson Eagle Intercom 12:45, October 20, 2014 (UTC)
hey.....could you help me by telling how to upload a picture or a video on an article.....i read the image policy but didn't quite understand it.....
- Sure, no problem. It's actually pretty straightforward once you strip it down to its nuts and bolts, but don't worry, I was a bit worried about it too when I first started. Basically, when you upload an image, all you have to do is state a source (where you got the image), its author, and a general description of it. Licensing is also helpful. There should be a template that pops up automatically when you try to upload an image, so all you'd need to do is fill in a few sections.
- I'm not quite sure what kind of error you're getting though... If you could try again and see if it works, and describe the error to me if you get it again, I'll se what I can to do help. --The Crimson Eagle Intercom 19:20, November 3, 2014 (UTC)
by source: do you mean the website from where i got it or where it was shown in the series???
and by description do you mean what is shown in the picture????
- It depends what kind of image it is. If it's a screenshot, say which game it game from, but if it's from a website, paste the URL for the image. You've got the description down. If you don't know the author, you can put "Unknown", but it's more than likely just "Ubisoft". --The Crimson Eagle Intercom 16:26, November 4, 2014 (UTC)
please tell me
assassin's creed rising phoenix
is the next game in the series
i see it in black flag
- No, "Rising Pheonix" is not the next game. If I remember correctly, it was placed in AC4 as joke. --The Crimson Eagle Intercom 17:28, November 12, 2014 (UTC)
I'm pretty new to this wiki, ten days now and I like it a lot. I've been at the Ubi Forums for several months so I figured I'd come here. I just loved how I use to search small parts of the AC universe like the Mayan Machete and read a whole page about it. These articles allowed me to get attached to the AC world. This has happened throughout the years so I wanted to return the favor by helping this wiki.
I've been trying to improve the little things, avoding non spoilery story stuff and charcaters from which I don't even know how the editor got the information. I've done this with the DLC packs and weapons that had few words. As I am new to wikis I don't fully know the etiquette. I want to add onto these articles for others but I guess it breaks the uniformity? If you could tell me what is, and isn't right to add, please tell me.
Also, the picture thing is pretty tricky. I know this from experience because of the Alex Amancio article I wrote on Wikipedia with the help of my forum friend. Copyrights and stuff. Do you just have to say where you got the image?
- Thanks for signing up, and I hope you find something that holds your interest here. We'll need all the help we can get.
- You seem to have gotten the gist now (sorry for not replying earlier; I was otherwise engaged and forgot I got a message), so I'll spare you from my inane ramblings. If you need any help though, feel free to ask. --The Crimson Eagle Intercom 22:32, November 16, 2014 (UTC)
Air Rifle? Edit
- It would be, but I created those categories with the intent of making it easy to split up different weapons. If we added weapons like the Hidden Blade and Firearms to those categories, they would become over-crowded, which is why I restructured the categories in the first place.
- There's nothing terribly wrong with what you did, mind you. I certainly understand your logic. But, like I said, that category is for specific weapons that you purchase, or are given for doing certain things. Take a look at what's in the category to see what I mean. --The Crimson Eagle Intercom 21:52, November 16, 2014 (UTC)
- I would imagine it will be one page for all ACU outfits. That's what we usually do. I have no part in that process though. --The Crimson Eagle Intercom 22:01, November 16, 2014 (UTC)
Connor's Wife and SeperationEdit
Hey! Just a quick drop by, I noticed that you updated Connor's page with "Connor married an unknown blonde woman later in life, though they later separated and Connor lived out the remainder of his life by himself." It seems you were quick to add this part and not read the rest of my post. I stated that the seperation is part of Abstergo manipulation and does not count as true info. If anything it can be added to the Legacy section of Connor's page, along side Abstergo's take on Connor.The videos detailing other Assassin memories as well as details on the Assassins in the game itself proves this. Like for instince, there is a section in the book on how Shao Jun is part of a criminal organization, and the "brave" Emporer and his army will not rest until she and her band is stopped. However its already proven that the Emporer is a cruel tyrannt and Shao is the one who is doing the liberation.
This blog right here has a screenshot of the page, and more on other Assassins, such as Shao Jun and Nikiolai. It is a little hard to read, but its able to help prove my case:
220.127.116.11 03:14, November 22, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. I didn't add that particular piece of information. All I did was remove the mention of Connor's wife being blonde, because I don't think that's important. It was added back an hour later though, so go figure. I'd recommend posting this on Connor's talk-page, or finding the person who actually added the information. --The Crimson Eagle Intercom 14:19, November 22, 2014 (UTC)
Going about editing the Multiplayer ArticleEdit
Hi, I noticed that the Multiplayer article was missing the AC4 information so I decided I would try to undertake that. It looks doable but I have one question. On the characters part, once you click that link, you'll see an array of animi avatars. These look like faceshots of that avatar from his or her page. I was wondering if I could upload all of my cropped pictures of the avatars to the gallery without them being flagged for not being in an article before I put them there, and if/how I would source them since they're on the wiki.
- I'm not really the person to ask about multiplayer. Crookandcharlatan or Slate Vesper, both fellow staff members, would probably be better bets. However, as far as using cropped pictures of our own images goes, I think that should be fine. Don't worry, they won't be flagged immediately; you'll have plenty of time to do what you will with them. As for sourcing, just saying "Assassin's Creed wiki" should be fine. --The Crimson Eagle Intercom 23:36, November 25, 2014 (UTC)
Dark Lord vs Dark Knight Edit
Too epic to describe, it's like something cool vs awesome. Enjoy. Saints'Hoodie(The Talk) 22:01, November 26, 2014 (UTC)
Edit summary Edit
- I'll bear that in mind. In retrospect, I should have been faster in the first place, then I wouldn't have been so annoyed by the end. But still, five edit-conflicts? Jesus, I hope that doesn't happen to me again. --The Crimson Eagle Intercom 23:01, December 6, 2014 (UTC)
Hey, man. I'm sorry about the "Template" thing. I just used the "add other templates" option under the Templates section in the editing screen and entered the template name (I'm not a source mode type of guy). The part I don't understand is: why does it matter if it has the name "template" in it? From what I see when I look at the published page, it works perfectly. All of the links are fine and it is like every other page. If you don't feel like answering that, you don't have to; I will be courteous and do what you want. I am young too, and I treat people with respect like you say you do. Please try to treat me with a little respect; I have been making so many new ACU articles in my free time recently and contributing to this wiki almost every day for a week. Thank you. Saving Private Ryan (talk) 22:52, December 6, 2014 (UTC)
- It's mostly just for simplicity's sake, SPR (sorry, your name is really long ^^;). The Template doesn't "need" to be there as the template itself works perfectly without it. And we do appreciate you making these articles. Even if we usually find a thing or two to fix, it'd probably take much longer to eventuallly get all these articles on the wiki if you, and other users, weren't making them. Crook The Constantine District 22:57, December 6, 2014 (UTC)
- Ah, don't worry about. I overreacted, sorry about that. It was more the conflicts that annoyed me. The "Template:" is just a bit redundant, and removing it helps to keep the amount of code in a page down. It works either way, but we prefer to omit it. And thanks for creating Unity pages; I can't, so it's good that other people are. --The Crimson Eagle Intercom 23:01, December 6, 2014 (UTC)
- Buy me dinner and a drink and maybe I'll forgive you. ;) --The Crimson Eagle Intercom 23:05, December 6, 2014 (UTC)
Hey come on, this is my profile pic for every account i have
18.104.22.168 23:35, January 27, 2015 (UTC)
- What are you talking about? --The Crimson Eagle Intercom 20:09, January 28, 2015 (UTC)