- Judging by his snap on his forum, then yes. —Preceding unsigned comment was added by Altaïr Skywalker 47 (talk · contr) 12:45, July 30, 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's usually how I try to get on. Is there some big flaw with trying that way? --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 13:11, July 30, 2013 (UTC)
I am now able to get onto the IRC. I'm not sure why, but I think it may have been caused by my laptop restoring itself after some fault it had. I lost a few things I had on, but at least IRC works, I guess. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 22:05, August 13, 2013 (UTC)
Nope. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 13:50, August 15, 2013 (UTC)
Done. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 01:10, August 16, 2013 (UTC)
Still missing the Broken Sword knife from the list, but don't have save handy to check. Be sure to add it sometime.
- Oh yeah. Broken Sword Knife wasn't listed on my source for some reason. But I can get the stats soon. Also, I don't think it matters whether Haytham and/or Connor could get the swords. But, since some weapon articles mention stuff like that, I'll have a look for those as well. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 14:53, July 30, 2013 (UTC)
War clubs Edit
Personally, I'd put them under "Blunt weapons". I've been considering seperating Swords and maces for a little while now, considering the fact that the only reason they're combined is because they're medium weapons, and yet they kill in two very different manners.
- That's a sound plan. Thanks for the idea. :D --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 00:24, July 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Actually, yes. Considering Slate and I are both in British time. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 00:38, July 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, but you aren't a growing boy like myself. =) --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 00:51, July 31, 2013 (UTC)
About the thing you said on that new user's page, does every article's main image need to be decided by the community? I'm guessing it's just the major articles, but I'm checking to be sure. I've been hesitant about changing the main image of the Northwest Passage for like one in a similar vein of the other multiplayer maps (check Animus Core for what kind of image I mean), but I'm not sure. I don't find the one used now very good (where Connor is shown arriving), but it's one of the singleplayer and I'm not sure whether multiplayer takes precedence over singleplayer here :/
Anyways, hope you don't mind me asking you this silly question. Common sense is nice and all that, but sometimes, reference from veteran users is better :)
- I don't mind. I'm always happy to answer questions. Guess it makes me feel validated or something. Yeah, what Sima said. Sometimes, a lot of people don't like the main image used and set up a vote in an attempt to change it. This usually only occurs with protagonists in the games, not with articles like Giovanni Auditore. In their cases, there aren't really many images to use, so we don't argue about them. And finally, yeah, I used references from veterans as well around the time I joined. Relied on them more than I'd care to admit, in honesty. =) --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 23:09, July 31, 2013 (UTC)
Hmmm, I doubt the community cares much about a multiplayer map (seeing how bare some of their articles are), so I guess it's fine. Would it be okay to use a multiplayer image as the main one, even though it's also a location visited in singleplayer?
- Now that... is probably beyond me. Sorry. I'd ask a staff member directly on their talk-page. Though, I myself would stick with singleplayer. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 23:09, July 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, I kinda figured that as well. Hmmm, although it grinds my gears a little (I like consistency), I guess I won't change it for a multiplayer map image. However, I did find a ridiculously high-def image on the wikia which imo, is much better suited as a main image.
- Third time, actually. And I'm glad to hear that. Kab's gonna be in trouble if we're ever both away at the same time. :3 --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 14:16, August 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, more bad news, Crimson. When I submitted my poll (Which is your favorite antagonist throughout the AC series?, I forgot to include Charles Lee and people are really freaked out... Glad you did not include a redirect towards my userpage on my nickname, otherwise, somebody might have scolded me :) Altaïr Skywalker 47 (talk) 06:23, August 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I don't think that's likely. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 10:22, August 10, 2013 (UTC)
What did you mean by "more" bad news? What was the first bit of bad news? --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 00:45, August 12, 2013 (UTC)
- My talk-page, my rules. I don't care if the emperor's ghost is floating around; in my talk-page, he answers to me. May I also remind you that you once responded to something I said here 25 days later? --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 01:20, August 12, 2013 (UTC)
Most intriguing, 47. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 20:38, August 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Heads up, if you and Kab ever both go away, just let me know and I will continue it. --Teller Words, On my Screen :O 22:25, August 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Wow, thanks, Teller! I'll certainly keep that in mind. :D --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 01:32, August 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Crimson, when did I reply to a topic you said about 20 days ago? The bad news was the community was not so pleased with the exclusion of those antagonists. Altaïr Skywalker 47Agency Laptop 10:32, August 16, 2013 (UTC)
- The first thing to know is that I rely on emails to know who has replied to my messages instead of either looking at the RA feed or going to the talk pages. I may have looked at the email, and scheduled a time to reply to it. I may have forgotten the topic, and when I remembered it again, I might have replied without remembering that you had replied 25 days before..... Altaïr Skywalker 47Agency Laptop 12:51, August 16, 2013 (UTC)
- ...What. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 12:54, August 16, 2013 (UTC)
- You're skirting the issue again. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 12:58, August 16, 2013 (UTC)
- What the hell does my render have to do with anything? And it's not my place to be pissed off. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 16:43, August 17, 2013 (UTC)
- I... what... I don't... --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 16:46, August 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Oh my god, hahaha! xD I think it's just a joke, though. Would be hilarious if it were real. :D --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 17:05, August 17, 2013 (UTC)
i'm fairly certain. The main screen says the DLC for Bonfire of the Vanities is $220.127.116.11.20.33 19:45, August 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Hmm, well, I'm not really an expert on this kind of things, but have you reached that part at which the DLCs would normally begin? Also, what system are you playing on? --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 19:53, August 20, 2013 (UTC)
It's in there. It's just odd that the main menu screen would say you can buy the DLC if it's on the disc already.
- Yeah, it is a bit odd. Still, I'm glad you've got it sorted out now. :) --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 14:55, August 21, 2013 (UTC)
My condolences Edit
- I appreciate your condolences. This is indeed a difficult time for me. But, I'll just have to marshal my strength and keep my head high. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 16:14, August 23, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm joking for Kain's benefit. I don't really mind. xD --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 16:24, August 23, 2013 (UTC)
- /Grabs alien and shakes him violently.
- Have you not seen the goddamn Daredevil? It was made like 10 years ago, and yet the first thing people say about this casting choice is that he'll be Daredevil 2.0, not Batman. Alternatively, Bafflec. That's how poor this performance was, that after 10 years, people still instantly go for it when they hear 'Afflec playing a superhero' --Kainzorus Prime Walkie-talkie 18:22, August 23, 2013 (UTC)
- He doesn't really look like how I imagine Batman. Plus, I'm still recovering from the loss of Christian Bale, I'm not ready for a new guy. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 18:27, August 23, 2013 (UTC)
Of course that is ok! I only copy-pasted the coding from Halo Nation and modified it slightly.
- Thanks, man. Just wanted to check with you first. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 20:05, August 26, 2013 (UTC)
New polls image for Caption Contest. Edit
So, I've voted in the polls yesterday and saw that there was not image for the Caption Contest, which is disappointing. Let me tell you something, I was ferrying around Mr. P's talk page and saw a nice image that'd take a good caption. Why don't you try this? Altaïr Skywalker 47Agency Laptop 08:15, September 1, 2013 (UTC)
- It's not my blog, you know. And I've already spoken with Hoodie and given him a suggestion for the CC. If he wants to use it or not, that's his choice. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 10:46, September 1, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, what? --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 11:19, September 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes? I'm still not seeing your point, I'm afraid. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 11:23, September 1, 2013 (UTC)
- It's up to Crimson to decide that. If anything, you should have asked me about the CC. If Kabutsu's out, often Crimson jumps in. Therefore, since he didn't want to, he asked me to do it. That doesn't mean he has to pick you to post the polls. There was no voluntering. The damn Hood. - Leave me a message! 11:42, September 1, 2013 (UTC)
Hoodie is correct; I wanted to give him a shot of the polls this time. Also, why do you want to post a poll? It's not that terrific. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 14:22, September 1, 2013 (UTC)
- I like being the poster, at least for one, besides submitting. Altaïr Skywalker 47Agency Laptop 14:54, September 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry, but I think I've got them covered. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 15:02, September 1, 2013 (UTC)
- There aren't any "nominees". When Kab is unable to do a poll, I step in and do it. If I want to give someone else a chance or I just don't really want to do it, then I ask somebody else. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 15:13, September 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Forgive me for being blunt. But what the hell did you just do? And wouldn't it make more sense to ask him how he does instead of me? --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 15:11, September 1, 2013 (UTC)
- I don't blame you for being blunt. But, I realised that just after I posted it. What a fool I am. However, I was editing Multiplayer Streak Bonuses (thinking whether we should have that external links section), as you may have noticed. I will ask him personally, but I think our relation has gone sour after my ban. Does not matter. Altaïr Skywalker 47Agency Laptop 15:14, September 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Various reasons. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 15:24, September 1, 2013 (UTC)
- No, not really. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 15:29, September 1, 2013 (UTC)
AC3/AC3L weapons Edit
Hey there Crim, I've recently helped to create Washington and Lincoln's Sword, which I've put them under the American Revolution weapons category. Since you're working on a page for all the AC3 weapons in your sandbox, I was wondering how we should go from there, in case the pages need to go or if they can stay.
- On another note, I was not the one who made George's sword. It was an anon. Altaïr Skywalker 47Agency Laptop 15:34, September 2, 2013 (UTC)
- In the past five days, you've messaged me four times. Could you give me some space, please? And that quote's been there for a while now, so it should be fine. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 13:50, September 6, 2013 (UTC)
Weapon categories Edit
Hi Crimson, I'd wish I'd suggested this sooner, but wouldn't it be more logical to categorize weapons by their type (firearms, long weapons, heavy, blunt, short etc.)? --Alientraveller (talk) 13:53, September 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, I agree with you there. I've actually thought about doing this for a few weeks, I just haven't really had the time to do it. But, as I always say (as in, just now), no time like the present. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 14:55, September 9, 2013 (UTC)
You may have noticed that I haven't done it yet. That's because I'd like a formal decision for IU weapon categories, so I can get both done at the same time. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 13:04, September 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Alright, sure. Sorry for the delay, I was, as Crook said, eating. What exactly is it you need help with? --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 18:44, September 16, 2013 (UTC)
- "I don't have anything to say"
- ―Alty, above.
- Well then why did you message me? --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 18:50, September 16, 2013 (UTC)
- If you're going to message while I'm trying to study for a test, at least have a purpose. Please do not reply to this, thank you. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 19:00, September 16, 2013 (UTC)
Is good. Edit
- I approve. It's still a better love story than Twilight. xD
Also, I'm glad your signature's working. \o/ --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 18:53, September 17, 2013 (UTC)
Well, I am still hurting from that beating you gave me yesterday, but I would like to request your Psn, if that would be alright.
- If you can find it on my userpage, then sure. I don't really have any rules about this stuff. :) --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 15:23, September 27, 2013 (UTC)
- No worries. Just thought I should let you know. :) --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 17:02, September 28, 2013 (UTC)
IU categories naming convention Edit
- I think it might be best to keep it open a little while longer, since I added another option. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 23:30, October 3, 2013 (UTC)
ACIV weapons Edit
- Ah, yes, this should be a great help. Thanks! --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 16:01, October 5, 2013 (UTC)
Take this elsewhere. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 16:23, October 6, 2013 (UTC)
If the Assassin category isn't for non canon characters, then why is it on the Stella Crow page?
- It's gone now. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 12:36, October 11, 2013 (UTC)
Good moaning, Crimsonface.
- Yay! Praise Santa and all his funky little elves! --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 19:48, October 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Don't disrespect my faith. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 20:00, October 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Delicious tears of faith. It's all done now, yer sandbox is ready.
- I'll bear that in mind. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 17:55, October 14, 2013 (UTC)
I has got picture of you (not really). Prepare to get your secret identity revealed! http://gyazo.com/5f9c2d4ee70d50d4dbb5178def486fff (pardon the shitty recolor, I don't have Photoshop. :/) Hoodie -The Talk (Zhe messages goes here!) 17:43, October 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Shh, don't tell everyone. ;) --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 17:55, October 14, 2013 (UTC)
Dubai editEditI agree with your reason for undoing my edit; I was just basing that off what I've seen on the wiki (if you look around, you'll see that it's usually
rather thanthe [[Mentor (2000)|Mentor]]
). Nucl3arsnake (talk) 03:22, October 15, 2013 (UTC)"[[Mentor (2000)|the Mentor]]"
- I know, but that doesn't mean that it can't be changed. If you don't agree with a minor thing, don't feel obliged to follow it to the letter, challenge it, that's what I do; odds are, no-one will care. If you like, you could change those links. If not, I'll get it done in the morning. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 03:27, October 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Just note that I'm not wanting you to rise up against the admins and take over the wiki. >.> --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 03:28, October 15, 2013 (UTC)
I know I shouldn't really be making badges out to be something sought after, but congratulations on just getting the Grand Master badge! It takes a lot of dedication to have contributed to the wiki every day for a year. :D Slate Vesper (talk) 00:22, October 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Haha! Thanks! :D
- Gotta admit though, I am so glad it's over. xD --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 00:28, October 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, I wouldn't call myself an "awesome editor" but thanks! \o/ --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 23:20, October 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Haras kept up both sides, I think, so I can tolerate him having both categories. Vali, on the other hand, was a full Templar who cut his ties to the Assassins. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 23:20, October 20, 2013 (UTC)
- No, not really he died a templar and betrayed the Assassin Order... Raghava Shah 02:07, October 21, 2013 (UTC)
/swoops down onto Crimson, during a brief pause in playing Arkham Origins.
- Nu. I'm Batman. You finished the main story yet? --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 17:32, October 26, 2013 (UTC)
- I finished it about three hours ago. Now to find all those extortion files. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 18:33, October 26, 2013 (UTC)
- I have one gripe. Why is that after the bit with the Joker in the hotel, everyone and their grandma gets a fucking gun? It's ridiculous. I want to explore shit and buff up the abilities since I have all gadgets finally, and I can't because everywhere I turn, there are fucking snipers and machinegunners. On Normal. On -Normal-. What the fucking fuck. --Kainzorus Prime Walkie-talkie 22:19, October 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Eh, finished that off today. Trying to finish the Dark Knight challenges and get me a new outfit, but I can't seem to get a crime in progress on the bridge. Been perched here for God knows how long. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 22:41, October 27, 2013 (UTC)
So, I finished it, and got all the sidestuff, sans challenges, done today, and I'm kinda unimpressed. The game really seemed to lost focus after the hotel and Joker's reveal, and seemed like from that point it was just desperately trying to catch up, give remaining main-story villains some screentime and tie things to Arkham Asylum.
It really loses steam at the very end too, there's no driving force behind it. "Oh yeah, you're going after Bane and Joker. Oh good job, you've stopped them." But it didn't really emphasie the feeling like anything was actually at stake there.
Also, I fished for DLC unlocker. And to nobody's great surprise, the game ships with like 10-15 alternate suits that can be unlocked by flipping a number in the config file, and they'd market them as paid content later, no doubt.--Kainzorus Prime Walkie-talkie 18:27, October 28, 2013 (UTC)
Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...a dark knight.
- Glad to see my absence was noticed. It had been my original plan to return in early December, but now I'm not so sure, since I appear to be suffering from depression. I'm not an expert, but others have commented on my recent demeanour.
- I'm sure I'll get over it soon, and I'll come back to work here again. Yay! \o/ --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 19:05, November 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Nope. That little guy with the hat is making you see what you want most. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 17:17, November 27, 2013 (UTC)
I expect to be back in the game in exactly one week. My depression is over and didn't last very long. xD --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 18:22, November 27, 2013 (UTC)
- We seriously need to talk about that nickname. But thanks! It's good to be back in the saddle. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 14:54, December 1, 2013 (UTC)
- I'd been thinking about that. If you insist, I'll hop on for a bit. ;) --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 15:18, December 1, 2013 (UTC)
- I am available right now, so I guess I could hop on. Damn laptop wouldn't load right. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 15:15, December 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Easy enough. Here, or on the IRC? --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 17:00, December 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Very well. But it'll have to wait until tomorrow. I'm a bit busy today, but I'll definitely have time next week. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 18:33, December 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Ah, thanks, Frag! I shall wear this as a symbol of pride. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 22:25, December 28, 2013 (UTC)
- Merits, perhaps. A userbox given as a gift? I don't think so. Though I don't know (or indeed, ever cared) if there's a defined difference or rule. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 02:53, December 29, 2013 (UTC)
- If there is a rule, I was unaware, and I can change the userbox so im not treading on staff only shizz :> Just let me know--Fragment -Animus-
I should point out that those particular merits were specifically made by staff. It seems to me that only staff can give out staff-created merits, while anyone can create and dish out their own. But, again, I don't know. Or care. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 00:04, January 6, 2014 (UTC)
- It's just a custom userbox anyway, nothing to fuss over with. I made one for the purple people of the staff, nobody complained. --Kainzorus Prime Walkie-talkie 01:29, January 6, 2014 (UTC)
Next-gen & ACVEdit
So you recently said on one of the blogs that you don't believe ACV, or whatever it's called, will just be on next-gen. I was wondering why you thought that? I didn't want Sima to complain, so I brought the topic over here...
It's not that I think it's impossible. I just don't see why Ubi would do that. I know you don't yet own a next-gen console, so you probably haven't seen the differences, but when I play ACIV on my PS3 I notice a lot of screen-tearing & lag. When I play it on my PS4, all of this is gone. You must also consider the fact that they can't do the plant physics or rain like they do on next-gen. Why would they limit themselves again? For example, what if they do Egypt? Ubi will obviously want to do a lot with the sand, & I don't see them being able to do that on current-gen.
I'm very interested to hear your thoughts on this. Please can you reply on my talk page, just so that I can see a notification? Thanks :)
- I have had no problems with current-gen thus far. No lag or screen-tear whatsoever. A few delayed sounds, but that's it. Anyway, my main reason for thinking this is that it would hurt sales to just completely drop current-gen this quickly. Ubisoft must be aware that a sizeable amount of gamers in the world have not yet updated, and it would be foolish for them to solely invest in those next-gen consoles. I suppose "next-gen" is now "current-gen"... Damn. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 00:47, December 29, 2013 (UTC)
Comment on AssassinsEdit
- No. If I remember rightly, you didn't write it. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 15:56, January 23, 2014 (UTC)
- My apologies if that seemed gruff, however. I'm just rather against those whole sections all together. They seem a bit biased to me. And I don't see the need for a full analysis. But live and let live. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 15:58, January 23, 2014 (UTC)
- No problem; I had been under the impression it was directed at the edit summary I left. I actually have to admit to naming that section as it is currently, as the former name was downright awful. I'm afraid sections like that, and like the counterpart section on the Templars article are always going to have a little bias in them... --Jasca Ducato (talk | contributions) 16:59, January 23, 2014 (UTC)
Good job bro, keep doing what you do.
No, not fapping... Well... Yes... You can fap if you want to... But not in public...
Well... If you want to...
Adios Amigo :)
- Um... thanks? --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 23:16, February 15, 2014 (UTC)
Can't figure our how to respond to what you wrote me:
- I'm sorry, what are you talking about? --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 20:20, February 20, 2014 (UTC)
Present Time Edit
- *Storm starts clapping*
- Present time! Present time! Open it up and see what's inside!
- ...It's a bomb. xD
- Hope you have a blast today, Crimson. Stormbeast ♉ The Helpful Place 16:08, April 16, 2014 (UTC)
- A bit of a belated response, but thanks, you two. :3
- And I shall be very
recklesscareful when I blow shit up, I promise.
- ^he says as his fingers are crossed --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 19:25, April 20, 2014 (UTC)
- Again, a very late response, but thanks! --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 23:04, April 27, 2014 (UTC)
Modern times (FA)Edit
Hello. This is just a standardized message from me, to you. I would like to remind you that the Modern times FA-vote is still open due to a (more or less) equal amount of yays and nays. Since the page has been revamped after your vote, I'd like to request you to take a look and perhaps reconsider your vote. Thanks. Nesty Contact me! 07:34, June 7, 2014 (UTC)
Farther of Understanding Edit
- Maybe not. But there's still no point in replying to three-year old discussions. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 15:12, July 19, 2014 (UTC)
- It looks like I'm, "bumping" the article because you keep removing my valid point for no real reason. All I intended to do was just post and leave it there, (as a note for when I edit the article later). Your the one who's causing the fuss.GWR4019 (talk) 16:35, July 21, 2014 (UTC)
- Oh, you know what? Forget it, you win. Keep your response there. Just remember that practically no-one will read it, and anyone who does is unlikely to care anymore. --The Crimson Eagle - Intercom 16:38, July 21, 2014 (UTC)