I tried making a forum for my sources, but my iPad makes a mess. And i don't know who to go to. So here i am. And for the main page. I think you can find a place for the link to the news blog.
I'm not gonna make a new blog for each time there is new news, but just change the title and the forum is needed for a place to a my old news/sources. The new news get updated in the blog and the previous news is put in the forum. The blog is going to have a link to the forum. And the forum is my little problem. --ACsenior (talk) 18:07, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
- We're not putting up a special forum on the main page just to list every piece of minor news. Any news that's worth being on the main page already gets on the main page. You can make a blog to collect all this news instead, but it won't be on the main page. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 19:47, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
I'm ok with that, but what i meant is that i only need a link to the blog. The blog is supposed to have a link to the forum. Not asking for a "special forum". Only help to make one and a link to the blog(can skip the link to the blog from the main page).--ACsenior (talk) 19:53, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
- I don't really understand what it is you need help with. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 20:02, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
Go to "Contribute" at the top right of the screen, then "Make a page", and name it Forum:Blabla. Whatever you want to call it. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 20:26, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
"American Revolutionary War" substituteEdit
Hi, Sima; is there an acceptable alternative to "American Revolutionary War" that we should use for things that can be done at any time during Assassin's Creed III, such as buying a flintlock pistol? Because it's starting to feel silly saying "obtainable during the American Revolutionary War", when it can be done outside that time. --THE CRIMSON EAGLE 20:40, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
- I am personally very much against that whole settings-oriented stuff. "In the Thirteen Colonies during the 18th century" or something like that? Lots of stuff to use. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 20:50, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
Wiki design help Edit
I know this is not about the AC wiki. Well, technically, it is. I got control of this wiki recently. And I want to know how to put front page news blogs on the home site like the AC wiki has. I know about blog lists, but I don't know how to embed one into the front page. Can you help me? Thanks! Aegis RunestoneSpeak to me 17:41, March 30, 2013 (UTC)
- Hmm, I guess I could help you out, but I'm no really no coding wonder like other users are. It'd take me several times to figure it all out and implement it there. So again, I think that it'd be better to go to Vatsa or Odran for this. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 18:13, March 30, 2013 (UTC)
I happen to agree with you fully, but I thought that it was our way to use periods on captions.
- I'm not in any position to just say what shall be and what shall not be. Right now I don't think we have any clear rule set up. I figure that in the near future we will have to address this. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 20:40, March 30, 2013 (UTC)
AC3 chronology Edit
Help me out here: I rewatched the epilogue missions and Davenport Homestead and Evacuation Day take place in 1783, with Connor meeting the Daniel Boone-lookalike in the village afterwards. There's no date for that scene but the dialogue with Connor asking where everyone's gone makes it seem like it takes place before he talks to Juno again. What do you reckon? Alientraveller (talk) 13:14, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
Yes, correct. He wouldn't say "Why would they leave this behind?" when he sees the Crystal Ball, only to be shocked later when he finds that everyone has left the village. Same with Davenport Homestead, there's no way in hell that it takes place in 1783. That one's gotta be set right after burying the Grand Temple Key. I have no idea why they just threw these in afterwards, and in a non chronological way. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 15:02, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
The Naval missions; the ones with Biddle and the lack of Peg Leg missions. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 15:10, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Well with Biddle, I had moved up the fort attack to the start of 'Hunting the Templars' while placing a note later on that Connor met up with Haytham after Church and Biddle's deaths. However, if you want I could section off Connor's confrontation with Biddle. --Alientraveller (talk) 15:21, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
Yes, but my problem is that they aren't featured at all on Connor's article. Connor obtaining the Shard of Eden is quite relevant. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 15:18, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
The new section on Connor's page makes it even more non chronological than it was. Hoping from 1773 to 1777 to 1769 etc. Not pleasant reading. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 22:45, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
Hey master i just joiend the wiki i have been on the wiki many times but i have not made a acount but now I have.I would just like some help how to earn badges like this person has clocked assassins creed or somethingbecause i have finished all 5 games im just wondering how do i get them though? —Preceding unsigned comment was added by Angry Andy11 (talk · contr)
How do you think the article is now? Also, check out a paragraph I've written in my sandbox discussing Connor's other activities, which are undated so I hope that approach is fine. --Alientraveller (talk) 17:24, April 4, 2013 (UTC)
So, I've found some absurd-res images of Rodrigo, Cesare and Lucrezia, all good to be rendered. Since we've used superior images, rather than database ones for some character infoboxes, shall I render these?
Rendering them and putting them on pages will always be good, of course. As for replacing them with the current infobox images. I don't know, may be a bit inconsistent. I'm fine with it, but ask what Vatsa thinks. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 12:51, April 4, 2013 (UTC)
Hello! It's a pleasure to be part of the Wikia. Just introducing myself. Have a great day!
Laa shay'a waqi'un moutlaq Bale kouloun moumkine 06:13, April 5, 2013 (UTC)
- I have the first edition, not the second. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 19:57, April 6, 2013 (UTC)
Le Wild Vandal Appears Edit
- Yuck! I hate vandals. Especially gross edits like the one above, you Master Yi, are doing a very valuable work by blocking Vandals. I admire you. And truth be told, I nearly vomited when I saw the above gross edit. Altaïr Skywalker 47 (talk) 08:46, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Seeing as people will likely start doing it anyways, I have no problems with it. Provided that the memory pages are made too so the images can be put somewhere. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 13:47, April 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Because you don't know how to sign your posts or title your messages. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 16:46, April 16, 2013 (UTC)
Question regarding subtitles/in-game text Edit
Apologies if this is stated somewhere in the MoS, for I have failed to see it. How strictly do we follow the subtitles/in-game text while quoting them? Down to the typos and the stylistic choices regarding emphasis? Sadelyrate (siniath) 16:32, April 16, 2013 (UTC)
- We don't have any policy regarding this. But we don't copy typos, because that doesn't really raise this Wiki's quality. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 16:44, April 16, 2013 (UTC)
Hey, Sima. You may be sick of these, but I'll keep going until one of us dies. We have a "historical characters" category, should we also have a "historical events" one? Just a thought. --THE CRIMSON EAGLE 23:39, April 20, 2013 (UTC)
- When I have the time to implement the in-universe categories, the "historical characters" category will go. No need to really add a "historical events" one. Besides, the majority of the events are historical. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 23:41, April 20, 2013 (UTC)
Hi Master Sima Yi(I lnow that name came from Dynasty Warriors right) I went trhough all the photo galleries and I was hoping if any admins or yourself if it is a good idea to have a weapons photo gallery too? -- User:TOKU-ASSASS-NIN/sig 23:47, May 12, 2013 (UTC)
Hello, new guy here. Many edits of mine has been deleted because of not sourcing images. Is this image okay? http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:Boston_North_End.png thanks GamezAddict008 (talk) 21:28, April 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Maybe you could post a more accure source? The current one does not really show where the image is from, it is a link to the main website. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 19:09, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
I'll have to retract my earlier statement, apparently my complete save exploded on me, and I have to start from scratch, unless I find a replacement. So these images will take a wee bit longer. On the up side, I'll be able to replace all the low-res AC1 crap for the modern day sections. --Kainzorus Prime Walkie-talkie 20:53, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Not a problem. It'll give me some time to theorize. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 21:00, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
- I don't know. Could you? I think that, for now, they will mostly be for accuracy and writing purposes, not to put on articles. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 21:51, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Those are definitely something I can use! We should probably make our own clear map for this. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 22:48, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Great work. Though could you perhaps add the remaining Pieces from the map in AC2, perhaps in a different color? -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 20:45, May 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes. You can see that a lot of them are on the exact same spots as the original map. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 21:07, May 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Now that is much better to work with. Great work 2.0. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 21:38, May 3, 2013 (UTC)
You are aware that Persia was a name for Iran used by outsiders right? Or does the Encyclopedia refer to historical Iran as Persia (in which case, I'll defer to it since this is an AC Wiki). Alientraveller (talk) 17:09, April 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, the Western world referred to it as such. I don't recall "Iran" being used anywhere aside from in regards to the Iranian Revolution in 1953, but I do recall Persia being used. EDIT: Just looked it up and the Iranians called it Iran since circa 1000, so let's use Iran instead. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 17:16, April 27, 2013 (UTC)
You know that in Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag, in the modern section of the game, you play as a member of Abstergo Entertainment?
Well, I reckon that there could be a little plot twist in the storyline revealing the player as a Assassin sent to infilitrate Abstergo Industries (I hope so as well). But you never know.
PS: I apologised to Amnestyyy, I know what I did was wrong and unforgivable, but I could not live the rest of my teenagehood with that on my conscience. Amnestyyy forgave me, but that does not mean to say that you have to do the same.
- Just what I needed. Thank you! -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 07:17, May 2, 2013 (UTC)
- You're welcome. I'll add the missing rooms as I go through the game. --Kainzorus Prime Walkie-talkie 14:05, May 2, 2013 (UTC)
These vigilantes are a menace! Edit
Two questions Edit
First - I saw that you have slight aversion to memories being classed as 'side', and I see your point. Should we re-class these with how they're labeled in-game? Like Investigation/Thief Assignment/Race/Templar Lair, etc.
Second - Slate recently removed the alias from one of the Race memories' opening paragraph, and I also agree with that one. Since we refer to Al by his full name, I don't see why Ezio's shouldn't have the 'da Firenze' there too. It also makes for less hassle with creating an alias while making new memory.
- First - Yes.
- Second - I am not quite sure what you mean. You mean we should only refer to Ezio as "Ezio Auditore da Firenze"? I only remove the "da Firenze" part at certain moments when it fits better in the context or when it makes reading unpleasant.
- -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 15:36, May 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Nah, here's an example - "San Gimignano Dash was a virtual representation of one of Ezio Auditore da Firenze's genetic memories, relived by Desmond Miles in 2012 through the Animus."
- Yes. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 15:45, May 4, 2013 (UTC)
Hey, I'm a new user and to be precise, a friend of disabled user ICAHQAgent47. I'm here to help in this incredible (and, the biggest wiki) wiki I've seen. So can you help me if I have any doubts? I hope you help me.
- Hello! Doubts about what? -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 13:18, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
While I understand that "Roman" may allude to both the Roman Empire and Roman Republic Assassins, the reason I thought it could have been renamed was because while they operate during certain time periods, Rome itself falls under Italy and we have "Italian Assassins" seperately, and yet the Ottoman Assassins are contained under Turkish Assassins despite the time period of Ottoman rule being quite significant.
- It may not allude to both, it does. The demonym used for both the Roman Republic and Roman Empire is "Roman" - the people were "Romans", not "Roman Republicans" or "Roman Empirians". It just is what it is; if people are confused into thinking that it refers to the solely the Assassins in Rome, which is weird because they are not a separate branch, then the article itself would clear that up fast enough. The reason why I did not name that other branch "Ottoman Assassins" is because the article contains information from the Assassins in Turkey during Byzantine rule as well, hence why I used the demonym "Turkish" to refer to refer to the Brotherhood in and around Turkey throughout the ages. Calling the page "Ottoman Assassins" would be inaccurate, unless you want to make separate "Byzantine Assassins" and "Ottoman Assassins" pages. "Colonial Assassins" is the name given to the Brotherhood in the Thirteen Colonies via the AC3 database. Agaté, Aveline and Gérald do not fall under the same Brotherhood if only evidenced by the fact that they have separate Mentors, but also because they are not connected to one another - they don't fall under a single leadership and are not aware of one another's every move. The naming issue is Ubisoft's fault. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 20:52, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Okay, that's reasonable, but considering the point about the Colonial Assassins, does that mean we should possibly create the page for the French Colonial Assassins and Caribbean Assassins? After all, with AC4BF upcoming, it might be enough of a reason seeing as Edward might fall within the latter. Slate Vesper (talk) 21:01, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
- French Colonial Assassins is appropriate on the condition that the article is good, I previously deleted one because it wasn't. Hold up on Caribbean Assassins because we still have to see if the Assassins don't have a different Brotherhood on each island there (since a Mentor could not possibly oversee all Assassins on those islands), or if there even are other Assassins there (Edward could have been trained in Great Britain or somewhere else). -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 21:11, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
- I honestly doubt Edward was trained in Great Britain. Most of the info coming out for Black Flag seems to point towards the Assassins discovering him after he began his bout of piracy in the Caribbean, and then training him in their ways. After that, he could have packed in the piracy and settled in London with Tessa, before the Forsaken events play out. Slate Vesper (talk) 21:18, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
- I am not saying I find it likely, I'm just listing its possibility. On a side not, Basilisk was not a Grand Master, he was a de facto leader. The position of Grand Master was vacant in 1190 (as the Encyclopedia emphasises), and ACAC backs this up by not calling Basilisk a Grand Master. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 21:20, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Does this mean he could be a Master Templar then? I'd assume that being in charge of the Templar Order wasn't something handed out freely, and while Ahmet and Basilisk may not be GMs, the Master Templar page we have only has examples of modern-day Templars with no individuals from previous time periods. If you're unsure though, could you ask Darby or Corey? Slate Vesper (talk) 21:32, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
- If we're unsure, it's better to not add it. The rank of Master Templar could not have existed back then. I've never had contact with Corey, and Darby did not write Altaïr's Chronicles (I don't actually know who did). -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 21:54, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
I normally center the captions to give the article a more presentable look. It's something I've been doing for a while now, and I haven't had many complaints. :S Slate Vesper (talk) 23:46, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
- And I have been positioning them on the left for as long as I can remember, and I did not get any complaints either. I don't see why we would center the captions in galleries. We don't center the captions in normal thumbnail images either. Or center the entire text in articles. Feels like the prologue of a Star Wars film. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 06:07, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, first I put the images in the center because it filled up more of the space in the gallery section and kept the articles somewhat streamlined, but then the captions looked a little awkward being to the side, so I centered them to keep them synonymous with the pictures themselves. Slate Vesper (talk) 18:51, May 7, 2013 (UTC)
I was mucking about aimlessly, and I clicked on the Media button at the top of the page. It links to this, instead of this. Just thought I'd point that out. --THE CRIMSON EAGLE 18:27, May 7, 2013 (UTC)
- Not anymore. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 18:32, May 7, 2013 (UTC)
New Question Edit
- Under "My preferences". You can also make your own signature via code and post it in User:Altaïr Skywalker 47/Signature and link to that under "My preferences". Though you should really ask someone more technical or someone with any explanation skills... -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 08:46, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Flashy. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 10:01, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
- I forgot to follow this page, so I didn't get an email telling your reply; Sorry and thanks, Il Mentore
- I keep forgetting. I think it was someting with "Pan" in the username. Oh, and don't bother to call me 'Mentore'... it's just Sima. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 10:01, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for finding it. Anyway, in all of the wikis I've visited, I've never seen any founder in the top of the leaderboard or at least in the Activity Page. Why do all founders do that?
Happy Birthday! Edit
Thanks guys! :) -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 10:14, May 12, 2013 (UTC)
Happy birthday you fun-loving Dutchman!!!!1!11!!!!one!!1!!1! Ahhh how the years go by... three of them I think, I wasn't counting. Anyway, go get smashed off your face and take a piss on a car. -- 'R BlaiddDdraig Enter. . . THE SCARY DOOR 12:06, May 12, 2013 (UTC)
Joyeux anniversaire, Sima! Does that mean happy birthday in Dutch? *hears whisper* What do you mean it's french for happy birthday? Ah screw it, it's all the same anyway! --Teller Words, On my Screen :O 13:13, May 12, 2013 (UTC)
assassins creed 3 pundsterling Edit
are there any blacksmith in assassins creed 3 to buy the weapon like sword and warclub or new tomahawl and flictlock by pound sterlinh (note i am not asking about craftonf SHAOLIN ENLIGHTENMENT 13:49, May 17, 2013 (UTC)
- There are no blacksmiths, but you can buy weapons from general stores. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 14:01, May 17, 2013 (UTC)
Ahmet the G-Man Edit
So, I've read through the Grand Master talkpage and saw that you once advocated Ahmet to be put there based on the Yerebatan Cistern line. Doesn't seem like it passed, even though I agree with that reasoning and would opt to add him to the page. --Kainzorus Prime Walkie-talkie 18:42, May 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Afterwards, I spoke with Darby about it, and he said that he did not write Ahmet to be the Grand Master. He admitted that with that Grand Master line in the game he created some confusion; I don't know if he meant to refer to Ahmet or somebody else, though, but we've no reason to list Ahmet as a Grand Master now. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 18:57, May 17, 2013 (UTC)
Featured Articles on Call of Juarez Wiki Edit
Hello Master Sima Yi, it's Foreborn, the beurocrat of the Call of Juarez Wiki (one of your allied Wikis), you might recall we've spoken a time or two before. I'm sorry to bother you when you're so busy running the Assassin's Creed Wiki, but I've been trying to implement a random featured article system on the Call of Juarez Wiki and unfortunately, I don't know how. I've mentioned before that I started out a couple years back barely knowing anything about Wikia, and this is one of the few things on Wikia I still don't know how to do, and I realize it's probably very simple but I'm at a loss. Everything I've tried does nothing but drive me further up the wall, I'm at my wits end. As you of course know, the AC Wiki already has what I'm trying to implement on its own main page, and I figured you and your crew would know how this function works. I really hate to bother you, but this is my only recourse.
Thank you for your time,
- Hello. What exactly is it that you have problems with? -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 08:54, May 19, 2013 (UTC)
- What I'm trying to do is have a list of articles (from a category that will be called "Featured Articles"), and one will be selected at random everytime someone visits the main page, and be displayed with a short description and image, and a link to the full article (like on your main page). Unfortunately, I seem to be all thumbs when it comes to figuring out just how to do that and there's practically no information on the internet on how to implement such a system.
- Foreborn (talk) 21:31, May 19, 2013 (UTC)
Lucassassin wiki questions Edit
Abstergo Entertainment (console stage animus)Edit
Lvl 0. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 16:44, May 20, 2013 (UTC)