Alphabetical order? Edit
Since a talk page for a template is pretty much invisible, I figured I'd repost this here, so we can have an actual discussion about this:
- "I don't have the issue with the chronology, but where was it said ordering by first name was wrong? And if so, why hasn't anybody fixed the Black Flag template? Also, why move North Atlantic back to the front? You can't argue that "North Atlantic" should go first because the second word begins with an 'a' :/ Same with moving New York to the back - 'n' comes before 'r' last time I checked the alphabet."
- Finally, why remove the link to the ACRG memories template? As I said when I added it, I think it might be useful to have it there, as there's no easy way to reach the memories template if you don't know the name of a memory that appears in that particular game."
- Crook, how do they do it in school? They list people alphabetically by last names, so there's no point in going out of our way to make up something silly like ordering by first names. Same deal with New York/North Atlantic - A's before Y. Memories, no other template has those, and Genetic memory is already linked.
- I did the ordering by first name in the first place, until Sima said by last name is more commonly used, then I had flashback to school ordering. And I'll get around to re-ordering other game templates too. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 17:39, November 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Meh, I found first name neater as some characters don't have a last name. Very well. I think "no other template has those" is a bit silly - if it's useful, then why remove it? We can always add it to the other templates.
- I still object to North Atlantic being listed first - shouldn't New York and North Atlantic just be listed under "n", rather than "a" and "y"? They're not people, so why list them like they are? (btw, shouldn't Elise come in front of Arno? "De la Serre" before "Dorian" right?) Crook The Constantine District 17:45, November 25, 2014 (UTC)
- You make a point with locations. I excluded the whole "la" "de la" and others, since they basically just "of the" in translation, and went with "Serre", same with others. Doesn't help Frenchies have ridiculous tendency of super long, convoluted titles and names. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 17:48, November 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Gaultier isn't a surname, I think, more like a middle name. I'd still go for "de la Vérendrye" as last name, judging from the brief browse I've done on the de la Vérendrye family on Wikipedia and elsewhere.
- Though we should acknowledge that those memories have been recently changed by you, Zero-ELEC, to link to the template, rather than a category. Not that I mind, I think it's a much better option :) Crook The Constantine District 20:42, November 25, 2014 (UTC)
- To be fair, I only change the ones where linking to the category leads to the memories that aren't from the game. (I.e. Animus 1.28 for Assassin's Creed/Altaïr's Chronicles/Bloodlines, Animus Omega for IV: Black Flag/Pirates, Animus 2.0 for II/II: Discovery.) Most were already there. --Zero-ELEC (talk) 20:51, November 25, 2014 (UTC)
2da files for KotOREdit
Now that I've played a lot of Jedi Knight over the past month, it's time to get back to KotOR2. I was installing mods, and noticed that the "spells.2da" file from Ultimate Sound Mod could not be copied due to the "spells.2da" file from TSLRCM. Now, I know that I need the Kotor Tool to edit the file (I've got "spells.2da" open right now), but what exactly do I do in order to get the two mods running smoothly together? --The Crimson Eagle Intercom 23:54, November 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Welp, you gotta compare what's different between the two, that's about it. Just blow up two 2da editor windows to fullscreen, open each file and then minimize-unminimize the other to see what's different, then copy the stuff from one to the other you want. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 01:18, November 27, 2014 (UTC)
- That's good, because if I have to reinstall the game again, I'll go nuts. But I think I'll be fine this time, since I installed mods in a more strategic manner. By the way, when do you plan (if ever) on uploading the games to your YouTube channel? Since I've been uploading the soundtrack to YouTube, I've been dying to see someone with experience play the game. --The Crimson Eagle Intercom 17:37, November 27, 2014 (UTC)
- Not too sure why you'd want the TOR-style HKs. If anything, I'd mod TOR and change their HKs. But heck, we've all got different tastes. Also, what restoration of KotOR1? Other than Sleheyron, I wasn't aware that anything major had been removed. --The Crimson Eagle Intercom 18:02, November 27, 2014 (UTC)
Then what's the reason for removing it. It shouldn't be removed the interview shows that the Initiate and Research Analyst are different characters. --Cococrash11 (talk) 20:32, November 27, 2014 (UTC)
- We have separate articles for those, and the contents of them clearly indicate the difference between characters. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 21:23, November 27, 2014 (UTC)
That's funny coming from a couple of editors that can't even tell if Black Flag and Rogue's Research Analyst are different or not with substantial evidence. --Cococrash11 (talk) 01:35, November 28, 2014 (UTC)
- They are different, and it is obvious from the game itself. Which is why we have Helix research analyst and Abstergo Entertainment research analyst articles. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 02:19, November 28, 2014 (UTC)
If any of you editors bother to read and think hard on what I wrote on Talk: Initiate why would Alexandre Amancio say in the Interview that the Initiate and Research Analyst are different characters. If that's case why wouldn't they also have an Assassin's Creed interview saying Black Flag and Rogue's Research Analyst are different characters like the Initiate. --Cococrash11 (talk) 02:30, November 28, 2014 (UTC)
- If you want to convince somebody of a point, that kind of attitude is not going to help. Now I really doubt Kain will listen to you. --The Crimson Eagle Intercom 14:46, November 28, 2014 (UTC)
Some of their attitude isn't any better than me. I already say the first thing the first time and they give of an attitude and treats what I said like it was nothing. So yeah I tend to have an attitude when someone gives me an attitude. --Cococrash11 (talk) 19:35, November 28, 2014 (UTC)
- Among all this, you still haven't made your point. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 20:36, November 28, 2014 (UTC)
Hi! I noticed that the image for the 13 Vendemiaire article was removed from the page. Could you please tell me why it was removed? I believed it to be a 100% safe image because it was on the Napoleon Bonaparte page for a long time and was placed on the wiki by somebody else. I would thank you for some clarification on why it was removed. Thank you. Saving Private Ryan (talk) 17:51, November 30, 2014 (UTC)
Hi, why do you think the page should be deleted? The Manor was where the Kenways lived for several years and where Edward died. I think that makes it worthy of having a page.
- Because we don't know what the manor was called exactly, for one. Second, was it a manor, or a house? Third, why didn't you categorize and source the article? --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 00:54, December 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Well, mainly I plan on getting things done with Unity, but I'll wait for a patch on monday for supposed performance improvement. If the game keeps giving me shit, I'll double back to screencapping Discovery memories and getting weapon images and other stuff I can rip from the other games' files. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 16:54, December 12, 2014 (UTC)
POV and other camera stuffEdit
- Our policies wouldn't be relevant, since it's just an alteration to showcase something, rather than editing a screenshot or somesuch. I might use it at some point. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 01:18, December 22, 2014 (UTC)
Help with imageEdit
I was just wondering if you could help or explain what is happening to my image? I've uploaded it twice & it keeps turning really low quality for no reason. Is there something wrong with the way I've uploaded it or something because this is really frustrating me?
- Looks fine to me. Unless it's meant to be larger than 425×192 pixels. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 22:05, December 22, 2014 (UTC)
- Strange. It was all blurry before. It must have just been processing. I doesn't matter anyway. I uploaded the image somewhere else for use on the forums. Outsider (talk) 22:56, December 22, 2014 (UTC)
Hey Kain, could hop on the IRC for a bit, or do you have Facebook (may have asked you before)? I have a question and would prefer the conversation be more instantaneous than these talk pages. Stormbeast ♉ The Helpful Place 22:24, December 22, 2014 (UTC)
My new computerEdit
Sorry to bug you twice in a day, but I was wondering if I could ask you some questions about getting my new PC?
So you already know my budget (£250-300), & you've said it won't make an amazing PC. But I was wondering specifically how good it will be. Since the only way I really know how to judge a good PC without research is based on RAM, how much do you think I'll be able to get when the money is spread between all the components? Is 4 realistic? It doesn't sound too high to me.
Also, if I can grab the specs before it gets built, would you mind judging them for me? It would be nice to know how I can improve it on my birthday.