Alphabetical order? Edit
Since a talk page for a template is pretty much invisible, I figured I'd repost this here, so we can have an actual discussion about this:
- "I don't have the issue with the chronology, but where was it said ordering by first name was wrong? And if so, why hasn't anybody fixed the Black Flag template? Also, why move North Atlantic back to the front? You can't argue that "North Atlantic" should go first because the second word begins with an 'a' :/ Same with moving New York to the back - 'n' comes before 'r' last time I checked the alphabet."
- Finally, why remove the link to the ACRG memories template? As I said when I added it, I think it might be useful to have it there, as there's no easy way to reach the memories template if you don't know the name of a memory that appears in that particular game."
- Crook, how do they do it in school? They list people alphabetically by last names, so there's no point in going out of our way to make up something silly like ordering by first names. Same deal with New York/North Atlantic - A's before Y. Memories, no other template has those, and Genetic memory is already linked.
- I did the ordering by first name in the first place, until Sima said by last name is more commonly used, then I had flashback to school ordering. And I'll get around to re-ordering other game templates too. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 17:39, November 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Meh, I found first name neater as some characters don't have a last name. Very well. I think "no other template has those" is a bit silly - if it's useful, then why remove it? We can always add it to the other templates.
- I still object to North Atlantic being listed first - shouldn't New York and North Atlantic just be listed under "n", rather than "a" and "y"? They're not people, so why list them like they are? (btw, shouldn't Elise come in front of Arno? "De la Serre" before "Dorian" right?) Crook The Constantine District 17:45, November 25, 2014 (UTC)
- You make a point with locations. I excluded the whole "la" "de la" and others, since they basically just "of the" in translation, and went with "Serre", same with others. Doesn't help Frenchies have ridiculous tendency of super long, convoluted titles and names. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 17:48, November 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Gaultier isn't a surname, I think, more like a middle name. I'd still go for "de la Vérendrye" as last name, judging from the brief browse I've done on the de la Vérendrye family on Wikipedia and elsewhere.
- Though we should acknowledge that those memories have been recently changed by you, Zero-ELEC, to link to the template, rather than a category. Not that I mind, I think it's a much better option :) Crook The Constantine District 20:42, November 25, 2014 (UTC)
- To be fair, I only change the ones where linking to the category leads to the memories that aren't from the game. (I.e. Animus 1.28 for Assassin's Creed/Altaïr's Chronicles/Bloodlines, Animus Omega for IV: Black Flag/Pirates, Animus 2.0 for II/II: Discovery.) Most were already there. --Zero-ELEC (talk) 20:51, November 25, 2014 (UTC)
2da files for KotOREdit
Now that I've played a lot of Jedi Knight over the past month, it's time to get back to KotOR2. I was installing mods, and noticed that the "spells.2da" file from Ultimate Sound Mod could not be copied due to the "spells.2da" file from TSLRCM. Now, I know that I need the Kotor Tool to edit the file (I've got "spells.2da" open right now), but what exactly do I do in order to get the two mods running smoothly together? --Crimson Knight Comms 23:54, November 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Welp, you gotta compare what's different between the two, that's about it. Just blow up two 2da editor windows to fullscreen, open each file and then minimize-unminimize the other to see what's different, then copy the stuff from one to the other you want. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 01:18, November 27, 2014 (UTC)
- That's good, because if I have to reinstall the game again, I'll go nuts. But I think I'll be fine this time, since I installed mods in a more strategic manner. By the way, when do you plan (if ever) on uploading the games to your YouTube channel? Since I've been uploading the soundtrack to YouTube, I've been dying to see someone with experience play the game. --Crimson Knight Comms 17:37, November 27, 2014 (UTC)
Then what's the reason for removing it. It shouldn't be removed the interview shows that the Initiate and Research Analyst are different characters. --Cococrash11 (talk) 20:32, November 27, 2014 (UTC)
- We have separate articles for those, and the contents of them clearly indicate the difference between characters. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 21:23, November 27, 2014 (UTC)
That's funny coming from a couple of editors that can't even tell if Black Flag and Rogue's Research Analyst are different or not with substantial evidence. --Cococrash11 (talk) 01:35, November 28, 2014 (UTC)
- They are different, and it is obvious from the game itself. Which is why we have Helix research analyst and Abstergo Entertainment research analyst articles. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 02:19, November 28, 2014 (UTC)
If any of you editors bother to read and think hard on what I wrote on Talk: Initiate why would Alexandre Amancio say in the Interview that the Initiate and Research Analyst are different characters. If that's case why wouldn't they also have an Assassin's Creed interview saying Black Flag and Rogue's Research Analyst are different characters like the Initiate. --Cococrash11 (talk) 02:30, November 28, 2014 (UTC)
- If you want to convince somebody of a point, that kind of attitude is not going to help. Now I really doubt Kain will listen to you. --Crimson Knight Comms 14:46, November 28, 2014 (UTC)
Some of their attitude isn't any better than me. I already say the first thing the first time and they give of an attitude and treats what I said like it was nothing. So yeah I tend to have an attitude when someone gives me an attitude. --Cococrash11 (talk) 19:35, November 28, 2014 (UTC)
- Among all this, you still haven't made your point. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 20:36, November 28, 2014 (UTC)
Hi! I noticed that the image for the 13 Vendemiaire article was removed from the page. Could you please tell me why it was removed? I believed it to be a 100% safe image because it was on the Napoleon Bonaparte page for a long time and was placed on the wiki by somebody else. I would thank you for some clarification on why it was removed. Thank you. Saving Private Ryan (talk) 17:51, November 30, 2014 (UTC)
Hi, why do you think the page should be deleted? The Manor was where the Kenways lived for several years and where Edward died. I think that makes it worthy of having a page.
- Because we don't know what the manor was called exactly, for one. Second, was it a manor, or a house? Third, why didn't you categorize and source the article? --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 00:54, December 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Well, mainly I plan on getting things done with Unity, but I'll wait for a patch on monday for supposed performance improvement. If the game keeps giving me shit, I'll double back to screencapping Discovery memories and getting weapon images and other stuff I can rip from the other games' files. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 16:54, December 12, 2014 (UTC)
POV and other camera stuffEdit
- Our policies wouldn't be relevant, since it's just an alteration to showcase something, rather than editing a screenshot or somesuch. I might use it at some point. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 01:18, December 22, 2014 (UTC)
Help with imageEdit
I was just wondering if you could help or explain what is happening to my image? I've uploaded it twice & it keeps turning really low quality for no reason. Is there something wrong with the way I've uploaded it or something because this is really frustrating me?
- Looks fine to me. Unless it's meant to be larger than 425×192 pixels. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 22:05, December 22, 2014 (UTC)
- Strange. It was all blurry before. It must have just been processing. I doesn't matter anyway. I uploaded the image somewhere else for use on the forums. Outsider (talk) 22:56, December 22, 2014 (UTC)
Hey Kain, could hop on the IRC for a bit, or do you have Facebook (may have asked you before)? I have a question and would prefer the conversation be more instantaneous than these talk pages. Stormbeast ♉ The Helpful Place 22:24, December 22, 2014 (UTC)
My new computerEdit
Sorry to bug you twice in a day, but I was wondering if I could ask you some questions about getting my new PC?
So you already know my budget (£250-300), & you've said it won't make an amazing PC. But I was wondering specifically how good it will be. Since the only way I really know how to judge a good PC without research is based on RAM, how much do you think I'll be able to get when the money is spread between all the components? Is 4 realistic? It doesn't sound too high to me.
Also, if I can grab the specs before it gets built, would you mind judging them for me? It would be nice to know how I can improve it on my birthday.
- It's the only thing aside of the processor that you should check for port compatibility. Same deal goes with AMD/Intel processors - those have different ports, and also AMD AM3/3+ sockets. You'll slot an AM3 into an AM3+ socket, but won't be able to do it the other way around. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 15:54, December 23, 2014 (UTC)
First off, I hope you had a good christmas. Secondly, I just wanted to give you a little update on my situation with my computer & my plans. I hope that's ok?
So, as I predicted, I achieved between £250-300; receiving £295 exactly. It could have been more, but unfortunately I owed my mother & my brother money. So, anyway, that's what I've got to work with.
On to my plans, I'm thinking of telling the guy who's going to build my PC to try & base it off the recommended specs for The Witcher 2. Would you say that's impossible? This is a serious question because I genuinely have no clue what to expect with my budget. What's the best game you would expect me to be able to play after building a PC with my budget? I probably should have asked you this sooner because then I can do some research on those specs.
Thanks. I really appreciate your help. Until I have a chat with the guy, you're the only source of information I really have, so I'm really appreciative of your time. :) Outsider (talk) 00:23, December 27, 2014 (UTC)
- It should be enough for these parts. Though scrounging an extra 50-100 bucks in the meantime should also help, just in case. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 00:42, December 27, 2014 (UTC)
- So would you say that's the limit I can hope to achieve or could I maybe try & aim higher? Also, this may seem like a really dumb question, but will getting parts specifically required for the recommended specs of The Witcher 2 be problematic to playing other games that may even require less? For example, could it be an issue if I wanted to play ACB with these specs, which I believe are lower?
Liberation Database Edit
Hey Kain, me again.
D'you think you could take a few screenshots of the marine animals you can hunt. I vaguely remember you uploading an image of the underwater sharks, but I can't seem to find it again. Anyways, yeah, we'd need the great white, the bull shark, the hammerhead shark, the orca/killer whale, the white whale and the humpback whale, I think. Thanks again! Crook The Constantine District 14:52, December 29, 2014 (UTC)
- Do you want harpooned ones, or still-moving-about ones? --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 14:54, December 29, 2014 (UTC)
- Still-moving-about ones, though both can be of use, I suppose :P I'd like the non-harpooned ones to be the main image though. Crook The Constantine District 14:56, December 29, 2014 (UTC)
I'm going to try & get those recommended requirements when I get my PC sorted, so I'm just curious how much it will take after to get it up to the standards of Unity & such. I imagine I'll have maybe £200-250 for my birthday at the minimum to upgrade it with. And after that I should be getting money for my GCSE results mid-way through the year, so I can give it another boost then.
I thought it relevant to include Chevalair's explaining of the Brotherhood
Just my opinion.
- The opening quote should be relevant to the page, in this case his first self-introductory part fits best. The latter can be used on The Creed page. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 19:47, January 4, 2015 (UTC)
- Once his biography is expanded, we might be able to use the part about the Creed to illustrate his relationship with Shay, or the way Chevalier interprets the Creed as well.
I've just had a conversation with the guy who's building my PC & he thinks he can get me a PC for about £500 that will run Unity at at least minimum specs. I wouldn't have had the money, but my mother & my step-father have offered to give me the money if I pay them back on my birthday. The guy also offered me his old graphics card for £20 which is actually really good, so I've got a good deal there. I'm also using my current power supply because I had to buy a new one less than a year ago & it's decent enough. He's going to give me three different sets of specs & then I can choose which one I want. I'll give you the specs when I get them, so you can give me some advice, if that's ok with you? Outsider (talk) 17:01, January 5, 2015 (UTC)
- Sure. Tell me the details on his graphics card too. Also, be aware that Unity will run like shit even if you're way past -recommended- specs. It's currently a clusterfuck, might get better when or if we get further patches. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 17:24, January 5, 2015 (UTC)
Final Update (Maybe...)Edit
I've just sorted out getting my PC. I couldn't grab the specs because I sorted it over the phone & the guy who's making it cleared all of my worries. It's costing me £555 & this includes a new keyboard & mouse (which I need as much as a new computer). Although I don't have all the information to give you, I can tell you that it should be able to run any game currently out there; including current-gen games like The Witcher 3 etc... It has 8GB of RAM just to give you an idea of what it's going to be like. The guy (who I'm not naming for the sake of his privacy) said that I shouldn't have to upgrade it for a few years, & even then I should only need to buy a new graphics card according to him.
Out of curiousity, how good is your computer? How much RAM do you have especially; that always interests me because all other specs go over my ill-informed head.
Sorry I haven't given you the specs like I said I would. It didn't seem necessary because he gave me three options, the cheapest PC being £470, & I went for the more expensive choice, with him assuring me that it could handle any current game decently. I'm grateful for you putting up with my nagging; I'm sure I must get annoying sometimes :). One thing I promise you I will do for certain is give you the specs once I've got it. That should be easy & then you can judge me. Hopefully I have reached the PC master race standards... Not really. I hate people who do that. I'm still a console gamer at heart. Anyway, I'm rambling, thanks for putting up with me! Outsider (talk) 20:23, January 7, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm running on 8gigs of DDR2, since I can't slot DDR3 or more ram in general, since this mobo doesn't support more. Also, the guy should be right, GPU is what is the most frequent replacement. But I can't say anything else until I know about your processor. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 20:39, January 7, 2015 (UTC)
- I can tell you without knowing exactly what the processor is that it is good. The main thing he pointed out was that if I went for the £470 option, my processor would suffer for it. And another option was £510 & he said that that would have a better processor. And obviously the one I'm getting he said would have a really good processor. I can't remember what he said completely, but he said something about MD8. Does that ring any bells? Outsider (talk) 21:20, January 7, 2015 (UTC)
While I do get the physical (or digital) evidence of the ship having its plaque before Shay even mentions its name, my instincts tell me that his mention of the Morrigan's name for the ship is more like Edward did for the Jackdaw by naming it after a piece of their respective heritages, and given Shay's acquisition of the ship so early into Sequence 1, it may not have had any other plaques for the ship because the Sofia team were more concerned with finishing the game and not giving it a previous name to reflect its smuggler or British construction. Slate Vesper (talk) 22:21, January 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Well, it is a British ship, since he goes "those blockheads won't be needing it" talking about British guards, and given how Chevalier references Merlin, it's not that much of a stretch for it to be originally named like that by the British themselves. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 22:29, January 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Perhaps so, considering Morrigan and Morgana seem to have some etymological connection, but it seems to me that the name Morrigan in of itself would be more representative of the Irish as she plays a part of their mythology. Also, since mythology comes into it, and that many "gods" are deified First Civs, would you think she may be connected to Juno or another Precursor, given how Brahman shows Durga? Slate Vesper (talk) 22:33, January 8, 2015 (UTC)
- The Juno part only slipped in because I read this excerpt from Wikipedia:
- "The Morrígan ("phantom queen") or Mórrígan ("great queen"), also written as Morrígu or in the plural as Morrígna, and spelt Morríghan or Mór-ríoghain in Modern Irish, is a figure from Irish mythology who appears to have been considered a goddess, although she is not explicitly referred to as such in the texts. The Morrígan is a goddess of battle, strife, and sovereignty. She sometimes appears in the form of a crow, flying above the warriors, and in the Ulster Cycle she also takes the forms of an eel, a wolf and a cow. She is generally considered a war deity comparable with the Germanic Valkyries, although her association with a cow may also suggest a role connected with wealth and the land."
- ―Morrigan on Wikipedia.
- Battle, strife and sovereignty sound like something Juno's all into, and the part about the connection to the earth made me think of how she is sometime perceived as the Kanien'kehá:ka Sky Woman due to her role in the Grand Temple.
- I do, but it seems more like an off hand comment from Shay, as if he didn't actually think too long before "renaming" the ship. Which further makes me think he saw the plaque and it was an off hand mention to Chevalier. That said, ask Storm, he has the huge-ass guide book. Maybe it'll clarify. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 00:12, January 9, 2015 (UTC)
- Checked when this conversation first started. It doesn't have any info on the Morrigan, other than battle tactics and such. Stormbeast ♉ The Helpful Place 00:25, January 9, 2015 (UTC)
Specs of my PCEdit
Here are the specs: These are the specs of my PC:
Graphics Card - geforce gtx 470
Processor - AMD FX-8320E Eight-Core Processor 3.2 GHz
RAM - 8GB
System Type - 64 bit operating system, x64-based processor
- You could try downloading AIDA, it's a system info tool. Should tell you every spec of your hardware. Also, I'd steal your processor. But my socket wouldn't accept it. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 17:50, January 11, 2015 (UTC)
- Here's a ton of info I found about my GPU. I'll just post all of it for you:
- Adapter Type: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
- Chip Type: GeForce GTX 460
- DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
- Adapter String: GeForce GTX 460
- Total Available Graphics Memory (This what you needed?): 4095MB
- Dedicated Video Memory: 1024MB
- System Video Memory: 0MB
- Shared System Memory: 3071MB
- Well, it's not exactly a top-line GPU and you only have 1gig riding on it, but I think it should run fine. You have 8 gigs of ram and a monster processor, so it all balances out. It will run on high, maybe a few settings on ultra too, depending if you want to push eye candy before framerate. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 20:46, January 11, 2015 (UTC)
- Damn. I didn't know my PC was good enough to play The Witcher 3. I was expecting low settings at best. That's awesome if you think I can play with some settings at ultra! If I did that, though, what kind of framerate should I expect? Also, does this mean that I should be able to play almost all games on the market decently?
- Wouldn't know about that. But you should be alright with this setup for a few years of current releases. Provided the ports are actually good, and not on the level of Unity. On high, you should hold 60 fps. Kick some more demanding graphic options to ultra, you'll dip to 45 or less. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 21:20, January 11, 2015 (UTC)
- I like how you said "eye candy before framerate" when 45fps is really good for me. That's better than the PS4 will manage & that won't even be on ultra. So would I manage a similar performace for other current-gen games?
I got a GTX 750 Ti with 2gigs, but only a measly AMD Athlon XII 250 3.0Ghz. 64bit Win 7 and 8gigs of ram. Give you my graphics and you'll have better system. Give me a Phenom II X6 955 CPU and I'll get on your level. So we're balanced right now. Also, I got 1TB harddrive, and could consider buying another 2TB one. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 21:44, January 11, 2015 (UTC)
- My hardrive is only 125GB, but it's an SSD, so it's better than a normal hardrive. I will get a 1TB normal hardrive in the future, though, for when I need more space for games.
- What is your monitor size though? Talking max resolution. Also, I just caught wind of a good deal on a Phenom II x6 - http://allegro.pl/amd-phenom-ii-x6-1045t-6x2-7ghz-3-2turbo-95w-gwar-i4984874942.html There are specs in English at the bottom. Think Imma get this tomorrow. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 22:03, January 11, 2015 (UTC)
- I need a new monitor, so yours is obviously going to be better. My recommend specs, however, are 1366 x 768.
- I've been scrounging up for a while to get a new CPU, you can see the prices for that semi-antique are still 3-digit numbers here. My old dual core is simply too wheezy to keep up with the rest of the system by now. Also, if only you had 1920x1080 monitor, I'd rope you into taking PC screens for the wiki. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 23:22, January 11, 2015 (UTC)
At least now you'll enjoy some DX11 effects consoles don't have. Like rain visibly trickling down the characters in Black Flag, and heavy raindrops on the hull of the ship, just to name two. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 16:15, January 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Would you say my PC is up to being my main gaming machine or do you think I should stick with my PS4 until I upgrade it slightly more? I wouldn't want to buy a game like The Witcher 3 just to find out that I can't play it. I know you said that my CPU would make up for my graphics card, & the guy who built it said a similar thing, but I'm not sure. What settings do you think consoles run games at that are on PC? I would guess & say medium, so I think (only think) that this is better than one. I wish I knew how to compare the specs but I don't. These are the supposed specs if you could compare them to mine? Outsider (talk) 17:37, January 12, 2015 (UTC)
You can't really compare specs, since PC versions need optimization to account for multitude of configs, unlike one-size-fits-all that consoles are. But anyway, you should be good if you want to move to PC as primary platform for games with that rig. I may hazard a comparison that it's higher-end than PS4 is right now, but don't quote me on it. So I can't really choose for you. You have an option to go PC, but it's up to you in the end. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 18:00, January 12, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm still going to stick with my PS4 for games like AC, & obviously exclusives, but I think I might just use this for most stuff as soon as I have my 1TB hardrive to work with. I am taking your word about The Witcher 3, though, because I'm not entirely convinced that it will run like you say it will. I think my graphics card may struggle. Outsider (talk) 18:07, January 12, 2015 (UTC)
First Stuff Edit
Yo yo yo. Would you be so kind as to, when you have the time, take some more shots of the Observatory's rooms and mechanisms and any more First Civ script/symbols you may find? The same for the Temple of Pythagoras? And shots/extractions of the Nostradamus symbols from Unity? -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 10:28, January 20, 2015 (UTC)
Those Nostradamus symbols show up in the Temple of Pythagoras too, in that segment with the lava. Have you finished Dead Kings yet? Because if you'd be able to get shots of the Saint-Denis Temple too that'd be really great. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 20:00, January 20, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm slowly and painfully forcing myself to play through it. So far I'm past the part where Arno finds documents in the abbey. I'd get you the images when I'm there, sometime this week. Also, give me some specifics on the Observatory, since there ins't all that much there that I know could be screencapped. We have the main chamber, we have the sphere in use, and we have the vials. Other than that, I think the walls might glow with symbols during the last mission there, but that's about it unless I missed something. Rooms themselves there I can do easily. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 20:22, January 20, 2015 (UTC)
Yes, those symbols I think. If you could just make some clear shots of everything you pass by, that'd be great. The entrance, the halls, a shot of the main room in the opposite direction, anything of note or out of the ordinary. Some of the moving pillars etc. Maybe, if possible, some of the defense mechanisms too, without any guards swarming the image. Just as many as you can. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 11:01, January 24, 2015 (UTC)
You dare modify my post? Eat a dick sir
- Very mature of you. Kain provided adequate reasoning in the edit summary as to why he undid your edit. The information you added was not well-suited to the page in question and would fit better on the companion app article. Also, please sign your posts, if you intend on sticking around. Crook The Constantine District 21:58, January 26, 2015 (UTC)
- You go ahead with that, anon. If it looks good, I'll consider it. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 22:32, January 26, 2015 (UTC)
How's everything going, Kain?
Recently I made an account on a website called Game-Debate just to double check whether my computer really could play The Witcher 3. I know you said above that I should be able to run it at least on high with a decent fps, but I think you may have overestimated my PC a little. If you scroll down on here, you can see what another person had to say about my PC's capabilities.
You may be wondering why I've messaged you about this, & it's simply because I don't know whether to take your word or his. I don't want to buy the game on PC & regret not getting it for PS4, so I was wondering whether you could back up your judgement or maybe make a new one based on what this guy has to say? You'd really be doing me a favour because I'm still trying to figure out what my PC is capable of. The most demanding game I've played so far would probably have to be DayZ.
- It all depends on the tweaking. The guy is full of shit when it comes to resolution though. You can get good visual fidelity even on a bloody 1366x768 resolution, as long as you crank up other settings high enough. "Ooooh 1080p" and all that can go to hell. Sure, it looks crisp on a native 1080p monitor, but as I recall, you don't have one that large anyhow, so it's one issue off your plate there.
- You'll squeeze decent mid-high settings out of it without too much of an fps drop. Plus, you can always tweak individual settings and lower the framerate eaters if necessary. Or use a config file or third party tweaking soft, though I'm not sure if those are applicable for Witcher series. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 16:59, January 28, 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for this reply. I'll make sure to play it on PC then. It should presumably look better than on PS4?
- By the way, do you know if Xbox One controllers can be hooked up to PC? I need one to use for games like this, but my old Xbox controller doesn't work very well, so I'm not sure whether to get a new Xbox 360 controller or an Xbox One controller. I don't think PS4 controllers work with PC, so I don't think that's an option. Outsider (talk) 17:44, January 28, 2015 (UTC)
- Is that you saying that, Kain? (No sig).
- I did some research & I found out that the developers are supporting both Xbox One & Duelshock 4 controllers. I still need to get an Xbox 360 controller either way to play The Witcher 2, though, but this does mean I can use my PS4 controller when I get TW3. It's cool that they would add that kind of support considering it's rare to see a developer support Duelshock in their PC titles. Outsider (talk) 18:50, January 28, 2015 (UTC)
Your nomination Edit
First I saw of your post was today. Stop in IRC some time and send me an r.msg so I can swing by. As soon as you're in, send "r.help" to #ACWiki to get the syntax. When I have your page, I'll swing by and we can chat about this. I echo crook's concerns -- I have no concerns about your editing or your time commitments; you have put in more than enough of both to earn a place as Staff. My concern is around supporting and growing the community, especially when we are short people outside of the forums as it is. This kind of support is crucial to being Staff, as we are the cornerstones of the community meant to pull folks together. I'd like to talk with you before putting up a vote. I'll put this on your talkpage as well. DarkFeather Raven's NestRaven's Hunt 18:53, February 13, 2015 (UTC)
Heya Kain. Just wanted to let you know that the People and Locations section of the ACU database are fully done. I'll be working on the Misc category today and tomorrow, and leave you another message when I'm done with those. Thanks, and keep up the good work. :) Nesty Contact me! 14:55, February 15, 2015 (UTC)
Kingston & Havana Edit
Could you take some screenshots of Kingston and Havana for me? I've got some ideas for Kingston, but I haven't had time to run about in Havana yet, so maybe start with Kingston first. Alright, so I'd like screens of the following (and whatever else catches your fancy).
- Kingston's Windmill
- Kingston's Parish Church
- Kingston's Watch Tower
- Laurens Prins' Manor - a shot of the manor itself at least, squeeze in a screenshot of the gardens and interior rooms if you want.
- Sugar plantations - a shot of slaves working in the fields, and the warehouse if you want.
- Slaves being sold - I spotted these when walking around, but there will be merchants selling slaves close to the coast (so when you enter Kingston from the pier for example). It's a row of three slaves, with the merchant walking around.
- Kingston's streets - I don't think there's any clear distinction of wealth in Kingston like in New Orleans, so one screenshot should do, but you can take more if you wish. It's more to get a feel of how the city looks, cause your zoomed-out screenshots don't really work for that.
- Windmill should be easy to spot - it's to the west of the city, near the plantation that's part of Prins' land. The Parish Church is the biggest church in Kingston, it should be roughly in the center of the city (it's positioned opposite the house where Rogers threw his going-away party). The Watch Tower is in the east of the city I think, near the coast. All three landmarks are viewpoints, I'm pretty sure, so you shouldn't have much trouble finding them. Crook The Constantine District 23:47, February 27, 2015 (UTC)
Bastienne Josephe Edit
- I'll try, but it's tough getting a full body shot of her without any overlay effects. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 13:57, March 8, 2015 (UTC)
- I mean the golden overlay of a mission-giver character that persists until she's approached. And she does stop on the bridge during that mission, but the lighting is very red, and I have no way of taking a closeup of her there. Maybe when she's walking to a grave in later mission. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 15:06, March 8, 2015 (UTC)
Yo yo yo. When you get to Kyrie Eleison for your screenshots, do you reckon it would be possible to get a couple of Shayless screenshots of the Carmo Convent, the Lisbon streets (prior to their destruction) and a complete overview of the city? Also some Shayless ones of the Lisbon Temple, from various angles? I don't know if you can still do that with a trainer or something at this point, but I'd really appreciate it if you could somehow make it work. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 09:31, March 10, 2015 (UTC)
Aerial shots of cities Edit
Did you grab the aerial shots off the intro cutscene when you first visit a city? Sima wants them for the older games, and I'm looking for a way to get them. If you used a mod, what mod? Can you still pull them from the older games with it? DarkFeather Raven's NestRaven's Hunt 02:34, March 14, 2015 (UTC)
- No mods, just an occasional trainer to be immortal and undetectable, so enemies don't bother me while I try to get a good angle. And I usually just find a good vantage point at the edge and snap from there. For newer games, ships in harbors make for good places, with time of day cheat set to permanent day. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 03:45, March 14, 2015 (UTC)
Connor's page Edit
It was a mistake to add that without a source.I'm sorry. However in the Master Assassin page Connor is mentioned as one but the source is given as AC3. So I thought that I missed it in the game. Could you please explain that to me? I've already submitted this enquiry in his talk page but noone answeredSuhail Numaan (talk) 15:13, March 15, 2015 (UTC)Suhail Numaan
- Sima fixed it. Apparently it was in outfit descriptions in AC4 and Unity. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 15:54, March 15, 2015 (UTC)
Attitude, chapter 1025 Edit
"What is this, attack of pointless peasant anons?"
- True. But anons vandalizing people's personal pages and articles? Wat. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 02:56, March 18, 2015 (UTC)
Place has improved quite a bit. :) 126.96.36.199 04:55, March 21, 2015 (UTC)
Edinburgh Castle Edit
Just wondering if you could get me a few screenshots of Edinburgh Castle? The ones in "The Mad Doctor's Castle" gallery are very Connor-centric. If you're up for it, I'm really only looking for like shots of the grand hall (room with the clock), the personal museum (room with the bear statue) and the dungeon-place, with all the skeletons and shit.
Rogue & Unity Edit
I don't mean to sound pushy, but could you screenshot the Rogue and Unity memories a bit... faster? I don't know if you're busy, so if you are, I'm sorry. We do have Vatsa with us again, but
he hasn't played either of the newest entries, so I'm not sure if I can ask him he's still catching up apparently. Thanks for reading. Crook The Constantine District 11:14, March 30, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm juggling several things at the moment, so screencapping takes a lower priority. But I'll chug something out this week. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 15:09, March 30, 2015 (UTC)
- Hey Kain, thanks for all the images yesterday. I wanted to ask about like the last 5 or 6 screenshots you uploaded, for "The Color of Right" memory. I thought they were updated versions of Vatsa's pictures, but I checked and they were, as far as I could see, identical. Is that wikia acting up or something else? Thanks for reading :) Crook The Constantine District 12:18, March 31, 2015 (UTC)
I do realize you must get annoyed by people continuously asking you for images, but I do really want to ask you if you won't forget to take the screenshots for those last missions. We have a lot of pages that really need images from those, and it'd be a big help. If you don't have the time you can just tell me to bugger off. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs 15:52, April 21, 2015 (UTC)
- I should be done with all the Rogue memories by the end of the week. Then I'll get some Unity campaign going. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 15:55, April 21, 2015 (UTC)
I was just wondering what you think of my new GPU? I got it for £50, so I'm pretty happy. http://www.asus.com/uk/Graphics_Cards/GTX660DC2O2GD5/ Outsider (talk) 20:40, April 17, 2015 (UTC)
- That's a pretty good deal for that price. 660 GTXs are pretty reliable even now. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 21:07, April 17, 2015 (UTC)
- Naw. Because you've been way too quiet. Unless you've been working on your Snake impersonation by staying super-stealthy, then it's 'k. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 11:27, May 8, 2015 (UTC)
Attitude, chapter 3137 Edit
- Do you know what reverting that eight times in the past two days, all from the same guy, is? --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 11:45, May 11, 2015 (UTC)
This has been a long time coming. You can't seem to adjust your attitude, despite having been warned about it more than a dozen times. It's a shame it has come to this, because you're a great contributor, but you're banned. Permanently. Nesty Contact me! 15:16, May 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Can you at least hold your horses until I finish with the outfit images? --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 15:22, May 13, 2015 (UTC)
http://i.imgur.com/LOIL8JJ.png - Templar Enforcer
http://i.imgur.com/jn3xZKH.png - Viking armor
http://i.imgur.com/Gc4o69b.png - Templar Master
http://i.imgur.com/csGGtQd.png - Admiral
http://i.imgur.com/9L6PVDs.png - Hunter
http://i.imgur.com/t2zm6i9.png - Whaler
http://i.imgur.com/2oCeN1P.png - Frontiersman
http://i.imgur.com/9V7DR9z.png - Arctic Explorer
http://i.imgur.com/snAKLqa.png - Assassin Killer
http://i.imgur.com/ZNrbKn3.png - Altair
http://i.imgur.com/pHp95fD.png - Ezio
http://i.imgur.com/JP9VXGT.png - Connor
http://i.imgur.com/qTjLl4F.png - Edward
http://i.imgur.com/MGB3hYY.png - Arno
http://i.imgur.com/RSaXaTH.png - Templar Stealth
http://i.imgur.com/UckTDTV.png - Officer
http://i.imgur.com/pSTbJuU.png - Commander
http://i.imgur.com/AD9Yr8V.png - James Gunn
http://i.imgur.com/1JM3PFR.png - Aberdeen Bestiary
http://i.imgur.com/XDDf1L5.png - Atalanta Fugiens
http://i.imgur.com/xFKAB8a.png - Columbus Map
http://i.imgur.com/0nu4Kn7.png - Cortez and La Malinche
http://i.imgur.com/hSo00bI.png - Cronicas dos Feitos de Guine
http://i.imgur.com/c8F9jW2.png - De Gama Diary
http://i.imgur.com/IB8tI8h.png - Dresden Codex
http://i.imgur.com/9A8LORk.png - Epistola de Magnete
http://i.imgur.com/zPQVlFS.png - Fetus in the Womb
http://i.imgur.com/ibuQ9ka.png - Introducto Geographica
http://i.imgur.com/3zfbtW7.png - Magellan Ship
http://i.imgur.com/O0o6LLt.png - Sacred Theory of Earth
http://i.imgur.com/X5ULsF1.png - Solaris
http://i.imgur.com/C3dDtwz.png - Tabulae Rudophinae
http://i.imgur.com/nuN5QLG.png - Vertumnus
http://i.imgur.com/YcqPOpx.png - Voynich Folio 33v
http://i.imgur.com/lBvlbvP.png - Voynich Folio 34r
http://i.imgur.com/mAOheS1.png - Voynich Folio 34v
http://i.imgur.com/6lwCsur.png - Voynich Folio 35r
http://i.imgur.com/YzMc23O.png - World Map
- Nice rips. Did they update the ForgeX or Maki or some program for Black Flag recently? DarkFeather Raven's NestRaven's Hunt 17:32, May 14, 2015 (UTC)
Purpose of eventsEdit
hey....could you tell me .....
Why exactly are the players i AC Unity and Rogue reliving memories........is there any purpose of the Assassins or Templars???
Like in the previous games it was to acquire the location of the Apple of eden or to acquire the location of the Grand Temple Key, Observatory.....to make Desmond come out of his Coma......
So is there any purpose for reliving the memories of Shay Cormac and Arno Dorian?????
If yes....what are the factions upto??? What are they trying to achieve this time?????
And what happenned when the Templars did find the Observatory??? I haven't played AC4 and neither AC rogue or Unity so i don't now their modern day events and their purposes........
i asked crook the same thing but he said that i should consult other users too......
- Pretty sure other people already answered this on Crook's talkpage. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 14:56, May 22, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes. Just didn't have time to write it up lately, tons of things piled up. I'll poke Sima on the IRC about it soon. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 13:53, July 4, 2015 (UTC)
- That's awesome. I was hoping you could get me screens of the following locations. Feel free to do as many of those as you want for now:
- Governor's Mansion (AC4) - quite a large landmark, so it'd be great if you could get a shot of the villa's main inner courtyard, the adjoining plantation fields and the prisons. Maybe a shot from afar as well, to show the terrain in its entirety? I'll trust your judgment.
- Basilica Menor de San Francisco de Asis (AC4) - you can find this one in the south of Havana.
- Rhona's Assassin safehouse (AC4) - if you don't remember, it's that one-storey building with the big courtyard. It's actually not that far from the Governor's mansion, I think.
- A lot of the locations seen in Rogue need screenshots, so if you feel like doing any of those, that would be swell. Albany, Halifax, Percé, Sleepy Hollow, Genessee are just a few examples.
- The same would go for Unity, but I know we've barely gotten started on the landmarks there.
- Flavigny (no, that's not a location) - I figured this one wouldn't be too difficult, as long as you don't mind booting up Unity. She's in the introductory cutscene for "The Food Chain" memory; I suggest you get a shot of her when she says her "All I had to do was guide them" line.
- http://i.imgur.com/GsOSz3P.png - Cathedral
- http://i.imgur.com/vroxi5w.png - Fields
- http://i.imgur.com/7FTBm7x.png - Inner Courtyard
- http://i.imgur.com/TFA5KPG.png - Outer Courtyard
- http://i.imgur.com/asJgcju.png - Overlook
- http://i.imgur.com/j2PCMhK.png - Prison
- http://i.imgur.com/FdAlOCH.png - Safehouse
- They've lowered the draw distance and removed some physics, so it looks a bit bare at long range. This explains why Rogue runs better than black flag, but doesn't have few minor bits like moving foliage when crouched, or visible turning of the wheel at travel speed distance. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 19:20, July 26, 2015 (UTC)
Hey Kain, me again for the usual stuff (I threw this under a different header cause I didn't want the previous one to go on forever). I'm honestly waiting for you to finish up that appeal, cause right now I just feel like I'm making use of you ^^;
- Plenty of locations in Rogue still need screenshots:
- North Atlantic: Harbour Deep, Lewisporte and others in the Newfoundland and Labrador category, Glace Bay, Yarmouth, Nerepis (and other location articles we still need to make >.>)
- River Valley: Aarushi, Black Ridge, Coeur-de-l'hiver, Dekanawida, Fleur-de-vent, Greystone, Île des Pins, Lock Cliff, Otetiani, etc.
- Was hoping you could snag a shot of the church in Halifax as well.
- For Unity (I'm not sure how well the game works for you), a lot of our Landmark articles (Bov and I have gotten to work on some of those) are in need of better images. I'd recommend checking out the Landmarks in Paris category and browsing the articles - off the top of my head, Luxembourg Palace, Sainte-Chapelle, the Hôtel-Dieu, the Café Théâtre, Salpêtrière Hospital and Bastille could use screenshots.
- Still hoping you could get me a screenshot of Flavigny :p
- Finally, I was wondering if you could look into getting renders for some of Rogue's characters. Liam, Hope, Chevalier and Kesegowaase spring to mind. Violet da Costa as well, but that'd require a save where you haven't finished the Modern Day yet.
- Hey, I'm just checking in on your progress I suppose. I was also curious about the appeal, is that still something you're working on? Provided you wouldn't act like a dick to new users, I'd be on board with you being unbanned. Not that that's my decision alone of course.
- Yes I'm working on it, although not too quickly, since Sima said upfront I'm gonna serve time anyway, so there's no rush for me. And yes it is easier. Mostly because I don't have to deal with shitty iteration of the engine. I'll get your Rogue shots by the end of the week. Unity is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay far on the list, but you guys got this for the time being, from what I've seen. Just remember not to put up jpegs. Ever. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 17:41, August 17, 2015 (UTC)
- Uhhh, pretty sure DarkFeather's been uploading his memory images as jpegs >.>
- Well, we've sorta got it - DF does some, but his computer's specs aren't as high as yours or MadeinMasyaf's, and she had Arno customized, so we can only use images of hers that don't have Arno in it. That doesn't really account for landmarks either. I could probably ask her, but Sima has said you're better at those and I'd be inclined to agree so... we'll wait on you, I imagine.
"I'll get your Rogue shots by the end of the week."
- Thanks again for the screenshots, Kain, I'm trying to catch up on our backlog a little with the location articles. I don't want to be a pain, but did you have any luck with getting renders of the ACRG characters or extracting some of the renders for the Paris Stories characters from Unity? Crook The Constantine District 18:55, September 28, 2015 (UTC)
- Oh boy... I think the easiest way to say would be "all of them"?
- There's: Mademoiselle Montansier, Marie Anne Lenormand, Marie Tussaud, Chevalier d'Éon, Désirée Clary, Joséphine de Beauharnais, Alexandre Lenoir, Andrés de Guzmán, André Chénier, Antoine Fouquier-Tinville, Antoine Lavoisier (if possible), Charles-Henri Sanson, Charlotte Corday, Denis Molinier, Joseph-Ignace Guillotin, Eugène François Vidocq, Fabre d'Églantine, Jacques-Louis David, Jacques Necker, Jean-Baptiste Rotondo, Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte, Louis Antoine de Saint-Just, Jean-Paul Marat, Nicolas de Condorcet and so on... all the ones I've listed have articles of their own, but even if you find images for ones that don't, they can still be used for the database articles. Crook The Constantine District 20:19, September 29, 2015 (UTC)
- Here I am, once again, hoping for some screenshots :P
Apologies for the delay, I attended my cousin's wedding last weekend, kinda threw the schedule out of the loop. And yes, I will provide those too. Hopefully personally by that time. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 16:00, October 29, 2015 (UTC)
- Sweet. Sima's still expecting some sort of appeal though, as far as I'm aware anyways. Crook The Constantine District 16:06, October 29, 2015 (UTC)
- Heyo Kain
Did you crop the Unity database images yourself or did you extract them from the Companion App ? TOULOIR, membre du Conseil parisien (discussion) 19:52, August 27, 2015 (UTC)
- I extracted them with Archive Next from Unity itself, and cropped them a little to remove the pointless blank space. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 14:51, August 28, 2015 (UTC)
Um hey, hope I'm not bothering you, but how do you capture bird's eye view screenshots of locations? Crook told me that you were the right person to ask. Is it some kind of program? Just curious Misphantom (talk) 10:02, October 2, 2015 (UTC)
- Nah, it's the oldest trick in the book, as far as the naval locations go. Park the ship a bit further than the docking zone, climb the taller mast and hang from it towards the place, then adjust the camera until the character's out of view. It also works in the cities, provided you have a surface with a good angle and relatively high elevation. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 23:50, October 2, 2015 (UTC)
Hey Kain, a question. Edit
Hey Kain, i just wanted to know something, i wanna know what programs do you use to provide screencaps of the games for the wiki's use, but more than that, i've seen some of your avatars and your YouTube banner is a visual wonder, so i'd like to ask what programs do you use, and if you could recommend me some tutorials that could give me an edge in creating things like that on my own. Thanks. JazeBlack (talk) 22:10, November 4, 2015 (UTC)
- I use Fraps for the screens, usually recording a bit of footage and then screencapping it in media player on fullscreen. Sometimes going frame by frame if I have to get a particular shot and even with the HUD disabled the objectives are still there, until I press Escape and go to the menu, which gives me a few seconds of leeway to take a clear shot.
- For the banner, I took my old Photoshop CS3, a stock hexagon pattern off the net, and some renders. Copy pasted the renderes a few times, gave them different opacities, cut out and colorized few bits here and there for a good flow. Haven't used any particular tutorial in years now, but I did know a few things from the ones for making forum signatures - plenty of these on DeviantArt, so you can look up and see what suits you. That's about it. --Kainzorus Prime ⚜ Walkie-talkie 15:39, November 5, 2015 (UTC)
Assassination Screenshots Help? Edit
Hello, I don't know if you're still active but I'll try my luck. I wonder how do you create such awesome screenshots of assassinations in ACII? Could you provide some guidance on how to replicate that? I mean, I know that you used frontal high profile assassination; what I want to know is how to approach some of these targets so I could assassinate them this way. Like Stefano da Bagnone or Guard Captain (Climbing the Ranks). With Stefano I always end up double assassinating him and his monk friend even if I try to approach from the side. And the Guard Captain just runs away to the rooftop when I climb the ladder and he is instantly in fight-mode. Is there a one-for-all method? Thanks in advance.BloodyMares (talk) 22:17, September 3, 2016 (UTC)