Assassin's Creed III is set to be released a mere 8 days from now. While many of you are greatly anticipating the release of this game, we thought that we would share with you our favorite 9 trivia factoids about the Assassin's Creed series as well as facts about the Assassin's Creed Wiki.
1) This game has stellar voice acting
The character Desmond Miles is voiced by one of the most prolific voice actors in the game, Nolan North. North is known for providing the voices of many different video game characters including Nathan Drake, The Prince, and Edward Richofen. North is not the only prominently known voice actor in this series though, he is also joined by Kristen Bell who voices Lucy Stillman.
2) Over 600 Different Characters
- Helene Dufranc - Dufranc only appears in the IOS version of Assassin's Creed II: Discovery. In this game, she meets Ezio in Barcelona where she proceeds to steal his blade. The two meet a few more times before Ezio finally gains the respect and acceptance of Helene.
- Farim - Farim makes his only known appearance in Assassin's Creed: The Secret Crusade. This member of the Assasins Order is the father of Swami. Farim is widely known for being a weaker-minded member of the community and is known for his conniving ways.
- Angelina Ceresa - Ceresa was a family friend of the Auditore family. She was best known for being a friend of Claudia Auditore da Firenze and for flirting with Ezio after she had spoiled his surprise party. Unfortunately, Ceresa would soon meet her demise as the party was crushed by Cesare Borgia's troops and she met her untimely demise.
If you are curious in checking out a complete list of characters found in the Assassin's Creed universe, please visit here.
3) A Huge Variety of Locations
The Assassin's Creed universe has featured many different locations including from European countries to Asian countries. There have been a wide variety of the locations. We thought we would share a few of the more obscure locations with you guys.
- Lugdunum - This location is featured in the Assassin's Creed (French comic). It is home to the Assassin Brotherhood, including the Assassins Aquilus and his father Lucius.
- Santa Trinita - The Santa Trinita is a church in Florence that was featured in the game Assassin's Creed II and is located nearby the Palazzo Auditore.
- Arsuf - This ancient city is perhaps best known for the Battle of Arsuf which took place in 1191.
One of the most compelling facts about this series is that it has branched into a variety of other forms of media including novelizations. There are currently 5 different novelizations of this series. The five novels are:
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (novel)
- Assassin's Creed: Forsaken
- Assassin's Creed: Renaissance
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations (novel)
- Assassin's Creed: The Secret Crusade
5) Over 250+ Achievements
Since the release of Assassin's Creed, achievements and trophies have been implemented into the game. Along with Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed: Project Legacy, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, and Assassin's Creed III, there are greater than 250 achievements in this series. By my count, there are an astonishing 282 different achievements. Do you know how to get the Eagle's Prey Achievement? What about the Jager Bomb achievement in Achievements?
For more information about the various achievements in this series, please visit Achievements.
6) Assassins Galore
The Assassin Order has existed throughout history. It should come as no surprise that there are almost 125 different assassins in this series history. Quickly, let's highlight a few of the lesser known assassins in this series.
- Ludger Duvernay - Duvernay was an assassin in the 1800s and also a Canadian journalist. He was best known for exposing the Canadian government as serving the Château Clique, which led to his imprisonment. He was quickly freed by other assassins.
- Shao Jun - This assassin from the 15th century was a member of the Chinese branch of the Assassins. The assassins rescued her from a life of captivity under the hands of Emperor Zhengde. Fron then on she was loyal to the Assassins.
- Rosa - This 14th century member of the Assassins, Rosa met up with Ezio in 1480 where she required help after an attack on the Palazzo della Seta. From then on, she become an ally of Ezio.
7) Plenty of Easter Eggs
As many of the fine editors on this wiki have already noticed, the Assassin's Creed series is full of references and Easter eggs. These Easter eggs range from a wide variety of topics including inFAMOUS 2, Saints Row: The Third, and RuneScape among others.
8) Almost 400 Different Memories
So far, this wiki has documented almost 400 different Memories that can be found throughout this series. Some of our favorite memories include:
- Failure - Failure is a memory that is found in Assassin's Creed. Description: Malik lives. He survived the attack beneath Solomon's Temple and returned to Masyaf with the artifact. Cold comfort, this is. It should have been me who stood victorious before our Master.
- Friend Of The Family - This memory is found in Assassin's Creed II. Maria Auditore confronted Ezio about his fight with Vieri de' Pazzi. Ezio, however, innocently declined his involvement in any fights, and accompanied his mother on her errand into the city.
9) A Full Arsenal
What would a good assassin be without a wide-array of Weapons in which to take care of their targets? There are at least seventy different weapons that can be found throughout this series. From the Dagger of Brutus to the Whip, all of these weapons are meant to be used to take lives. Which of these weapons is your favorite?
These are the nine different trivia aspects that we find make Assasin's Creed such a compelling series. Are there any tidbits or information that we missed out that you think are integral to what makes this series unique? If so, please share with us in the comments below.