If it hasn't come across your news feeds yet, we have an announcement! Assassin's Creed: Origins has been announced at E3, and we have a couple trailers. The rumors of the Egypt setting have been confirmed, and it looks like we'll get to see some archery, horsemanship, and swordwork making a comeback. Enjoy the trailers, and let us know your thoughts!
- Announcement trailer
Hello, all, I'm baaaaack! We're in a lull now, waiting for new comics to drop, but here are some whispers of news for you!
- For those of you who liked the moves, sequels
Read more >
So, the Assassin's Creed movie released a couple days ago. I hope lots of you have gotten to see it. Unfortunately, some of us (including myself) haven't, so please be kind in IRC with spoilers!
In the meantime, here's some interesting tidbits:
- There'll be a couple books to release alongside the film -- hope you enjoy reading! That is, if you didn't already have it.
- There was a publicity stunt with another live, unwired Leap of Faith. Check out this footage.
((Pssst: if you liked the movie, it might be part of a trilogy...))
Happy holidays, Assassins! Enjoy the film release, and see you all in the new year (or IRC, 'cause that's a thing too)!
Read more >
Hello, all, this is DarkFeather, your friendly neighborhood Rafiq. The Assassinews blog has taken a turn for the quiet, and I'd like to take it up again. Hopefully some of you will find interesting new things here, and we can spark some discussion.
So, we have a film coming, as (I hope) many of you know. Some interesting tidbits from the same:
- In the tradition of the games, historical sequences are being shot in Spanish. The game will release when it's ready, so all we can hope for is a better release cycle (more bug-free than Unity's, for example) and a caliber of game we haven't seen since Assassin's Creed II.
I'll be posting back each month with what news I've heard, seen, and found. Hopefully it will be an interesting read. As always, ple…Read more >
Hello, all! I came across some new, decent fan videos.
- Assassin's Creed: China, despite having an overlap with Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China in name, has some nice choreography and classic WW2-framing of the story.
- Assassin's Creed Renegade is potentially an up-and-coming modern-day storyline, akin to Initiates.
Enjoy!Read more >