As you all might know (I expect so), a film about Assassin's Creed is being prepared. Micheal Fassbender (300, Prometheus, X-Men: First Class, Inglourious Basterds) has been cast to play the main protagonist, as well producing himself the film alonside Hollywood producer Frank Marshall (Indiana Jones series, Back to the Future trilogy). The first draft of the screenplay has been written by Michael Lesslie and Scott Frank (Minority Report, The Wolverine). We can expect to see Desmond nearly soon on the big screen as the film will hit theatres on June 19th 2015. But the most interesting question remains: who will direct Assassin's Creed? Since Ubisoft is keeping its hand on the creative control, I may assume it will not be anyone who shall direct such an anticipated movie. So here is a list of potential and talented filmmakers from whom we can expect an astonishing motion picture event (and when I mean astonishing, I do expect something that is NOT a simple action-packed cheap-story bluckbuster for Assassin's Creed is NOT that at all).
1. Denis Villeneuve (Incendies, Prisoners)
2. Yves Simoneau (Assassin's Creed: Lineage)
3. Ron Howard (The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons)
4. Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy, Inception)
5. Ridley Scott (Gladiator, Prometheus)
6. Alfonso Cuarón (Children of Men, Gravity)
7. David Fincher (The Social Network, Fight Club)
8. Sam Mendez (Jarhead, Skyfall)
9. Peter Jackson (The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Lovely Bones)
Share your thoughts about my list and add some potential ideas for other directors.