Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Jacob searched for the creator of Starrick's Soothing Syrup by investigating its distillery.
Jacob observed an elderly man attempting to see through the distillery window by standing on top of a crate. The man was forced to hide when a group of Blighters neared.
- Blighter 1: Keep a sharp eye out, lads. Someone's targeting our network. The distillery might be next.
- Jacob: This will complicate things.
- Blighter 2: Have you tried it? The Syrup, I mean?
- Blighter 3: Are you daft?
- Blighter 2: You don't know what you're missing.
- Blighter 3: That poison'll kill ya.
The Blighters patrolled the area, before speaking with the Blighter guarding the door again.
- Blighter 3: I think I'll have a taste.
- Blighter 4: That's against the rules. You like your job, don't ya?
- Blighter 3: I can't say I'm particularly fond of it, no.
The Blighters made another round.
- Blighter 4: Shit, you had Syrup. I can tell!
- Blighter 3: Just a nip, love.
- Blighter 4: We have strict orders not to do that!
- Blighter 3: Ah, no harm done.
As Jacob was about to unlock the door to the distillery, the man approached him. Jacob immediately threatened him with his Hidden Blade, but the man simply pushed it away.
- Darwin: You should not go about frightening respectable gentlemen, young man.
- Jacob: I didn't realize snooping around was considered gentlemanly.
- Darwin: Snooping? Sir, I assure you-
A group of Blighters passed nearby.
- Blighter 2: Keep vigilant!
Breaking its padlock, Jacob hurriedly opened the distillery door.
- Jacob: Quick! Inside.
After Jacob and the man entered, the former closed the door. They then walked through the distillery.
- Darwin: That was too close a call. You, young man, gave me quite a fright! I thought you were one of them, but I realize now why you're here. Same reason I am, I imagine...
- Jacob: "I imagine"?
- Darwin: You should see this.
They walked past a large distillery tank.
- Darwin: A rather impressive contraption, wouldn't you say?
- Jacob: I've seen bigger.
The man inspected a table with various tools and ingredients.
- Darwin: Datura stramonium. Or Devil's snare, as it is commonly called... That goes into the Syrup? And opium, no less. Revolting! Absolutely sickening!
The man turned a pressure valve on the distillery tank to destroy it.
- Darwin: A favourable way to proceed, wouldn't you agree?
Gas began to emit from the tank.
- Darwin: Oh dear.
- Jacob: Find a way out of here! Quickly!
- Darwin: What about the other valves?
- Jacob: Take a wild guess.
- Darwin: Very well, young man.
As the man made his way out, Jacob turned the other pressure valves before pulling a lever to destroy the tank.
- Jacob: Every man for himself!
He then jumped out of the now burning building through a window.
- Darwin: Well done, young man! Well done! Charles Darwin. Delighted to make your acquaintance.
Jacob and Darwin shook hands.
- Jacob: Jacob Frye. The pleasure's all mine.
- Darwin: While you were busy wreaking havoc, I found this.
Darwin took out a book.
- Darwin: It indicates that a sample of every batch has been sent to Lambeth Asylum.
- Jacob: Oh, I wonder if it's visiting hours...
- Darwin: Don't be so hasty, Mr. Frye. Many people work at Lambeth, you wouldn't want to attract unwanted attention.
- Jacob: Hmm, where's the fun in that?
- Darwin: Not every problem can be solved by blowing things sky high. Sometimes, a little discretion is in order. It's getting late. I will meet you at the asylum to continue our investigation.
Aided by Charles Darwin, Jacob destroyed the distillery where Starrick's Soothing Syrup was being produced. Thereafter, the two men agreed to investigate who was behind the tonic's creation.
- The title of the memory is a reference to Darwin's theory of natural selection.