Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Haytham: It's been several weeks now since we freed the Mohawk prisoners from captivity. I had hoped their leader might make contact, but there's been only silence. My men grow restless. They want to know what comes next, and I do not have an answer. Lee, alone, remains active - pursuing leads, however slight. He stalks the city streets and scouts the bordering woods - hopeful that he might make contact with one of those we saved. There was a woman there, that night. It was she who helped the others to safety. If we could find her, I believe I'll have my answers. So I watch and wait, hopeful that my true mission might finally begin.
Haytham entered the Green Dragon Tavern and met with Charles Lee.
- Haytham: Hello, Charles. Any luck finding our mystery woman?
- Charles: Word is she's been stirring up trouble just outside the city in a town called Lexington.
- Haytham: Well then that's where we'll begin our search! I'll meet you there.
Haytham and Charles traveled to the Frontier, though separately.
- Haytham: Have you found her?
- Charles: She's made camp not too far from here.
- Haytham: Excellent. Well the sooner we're done, the sooner we can get out of this cold.
- Charles: We'll move faster on horseback.
The two started riding towards the camp.
- Charles: I'm afraid I have some bad news, sir.
- Haytham: Oh?
- Charles: Braddock is insisting I return to service under him. I've tried to beg off, to no avail.
- Haytham: No doubt he's still angry about losing Pitcairn - to say nothing of the shaming we gave him. Do as he asks. In the meantime, I'll work on having you released.
- Charles: I am sorry for the trouble.
- Haytham: Not your fault.
They then found a hastily broken up camp.
- Charles: We're too late...
- Haytham: The fire's only just been snuffed. The snow recently disturbed. She's close.
The howling of wolves could be heard, causing Haytham and Charles' horses to run away.
- Charles: Bollocks.
Haytham started following the tracks in the snow. A lone wolf ran in front of Haytham and up the hill.
- Haytham: These tracks are fresh, they must be hers. Hmmm. Seems she took to higher ground. Out of the snow and into the trees.
They saw Kaniehtí:io.
- Haytham: Wait here.
Haytham attempted to sneak up on Kaniehtí:io, but a pack of wolves was encroaching on her as well. Charles then shot one of the wolves, causing the woman to flee.
- Haytham: Ah, dammit! Wait! Come back! Best you return to Braddock, Charles, before he grows suspicious. I can handle things from here.
- Charles: But, sir-
- Haytham: But nothing. Go!
Haytham pursued Kaniehtí:io.
- Haytham: Stop running! I only wish to talk! I am not your enemy! Please, just hear me out! Gods, woman! Only let me speak! Enough with these games! It is imperative that we speak! A moment of your time is all I ask! You try my patience, woman!
Haytham came across an abandoned camp, where he was set upon by wolves. After dealing with them, he managed to track down Kaniehtí:io.
- Kaniehtí:io: Are you touched in the head?
- Haytham: Me. Haytham. I come in peace.
- Kaniehtí:io: Why are you speaking so slow?
- Haytham: Oh, sorry.
- Kaniehtí:io: What do you want?
- Haytham: Well, your name for one.
- Kaniehtí:io: I am Kaniehtí:io.
- Haytham: Pleased to meet you, godz-zio?
- Kaniehtí:io: Just call me Ziio.
- Haytham: Diio?
- Kaniehtí:io: Ziio.
- Haytham: Ziio.
- Kaniehtí:io: Now tell me why it is you're here.
Haytham showed her the amulet.
- Kaniehtí:io: Where did you get this?
- Haytham: From an old friend.
- Kaniehtí:io: I've only seen such markings in one other place.
- Haytham: Where?
- Kaniehtí:io: Well, it is forbidden for me to speak of it.
- Haytham: I saved your people. Does this mean nothing to you? Look. I am not the enemy.
- Kaniehtí:io: Close to here is a hill. Meet me there, and we'll see if you speak the truth.
Haytham and Kaniehtí:io met on the nearby hill.
- Kaniehtí:io: That town hosts soldiers who seek to drive my people from these lands. They're led by a man known as the Bulldog.
- Haytham: Edward Braddock...
- Kaniehtí:io: You know him?
- Haytham: He is no friend of mine.
- Kaniehtí:io: Every day more of my people are lost to men like him.
- Haytham: Then I suggest we put a stop to it. Together.
- Kaniehtí:io: What do you propose?
- Haytham: That we kill Edward Braddock. But first we have to find him.
Kaniehtí:io and Haytham made their way to the Wright Tavern.
- Kaniehtí:io: I don't trust you.
- Haytham: I know.
- Kaniehtí:io: Yet you remain.
- Haytham: That I might prove you wrong.
- Kaniehtí:io: It will not happen.
- Haytham: So you say.
- Kaniehtí:io: So I know.
- Haytham: Yet I remain. Wait here. A Mohawk woman is likely to raise suspicions - if not muskets.
- Kaniehtí:io: This is hardly the first time I've been amongst your people. I can handle myself.
- Haytham: I hope so...
They entered the tavern, and Haytham began to listen in on a conversation.
- Redcoat: ... can't stand being quartered there. The endless crashing of the waves. The sting of the salt in my eyes. And the goddammed gulls shrieking and shitting everywhere.
- Soldier: You're sure that's where we're goin'?
- Redcoat: Aye. The Bulldog's putting together another "expedition".
- Soldier: That what they're callin' 'em now? Expeditions?
- Redcoat: Aye. Smart too. Slap a fancy name on something and all evil is excused.
Haytham moved on to another conversation.
- Redcoat: I hear the French are readying to move on our positions. Wonder what Braddock intends to do about it.
- Soldier: He's already left for the advance camp. I'd wager our little holiday here is just about ended. We'll be marching south before week's end.
On his way outside, Haytham was confronted by a man.
- Man: Oi, where you goin', cully?
- Haytham: Me?
- Man: No. The other cock robin.
- Haytham: Well, I uh... I WAS leaving.
- Man: Oh? And now?
- Haytham: Well, now... I'm going to feed you your teeth.
- Kaniehtí:io: And you were worried I was going to be the problem.
Haytham fought several men in the tavern before returning to Kaniehtí:io.
- Kaniehtí:io: You are hurt.
- Haytham: Uch, it's nothing.
Kaniehtí:io tended to the cut with a swab of alcohol.
- Kaniehtí:io: Here... This should stop the bleeding.
- Haytham: That wasn't necessary. But thank you.
- Kaniehtí:io: We should move on. Meet me at Braddock's camp when you're ready.
Haytham met with Kaniehtí:io, and together they devised a plan to gain each other's trust.