As part of his plan to draw out Dante Moro and the Templar Silvio Barbarigo, by placing mercenaries in strategic points through the Castello district, Ezio Auditore returned to Bartolomeo d'Alviano to set the next stage into motion.
Ezio returned to Bartolomeo's quarters after planting the mercenaries.
- Bartolomeo: Ah, there you are! Is it done?
- Ezio: Yes. All your men are in place.
- Bartolomeo: Bene, bene (Good, good).
Bartolomeo gave Ezio a flare.
- Bartolomeo: Take this. I assume you know how it works?
- Bartolomeo: Find the highest point you can in the district and fire it from there. This signals my men to begin the attack.
- Ezio: Alright, then. I will see you on the battlefield.
- Bartolomeo: That you will.
After leaving Bartolomeo's home, Ezio climbed a tower and fired the flare. As the battle began, he saw Bartolomeo in combat with Dante.
- Ezio: Bartolomeo needs my help.
Ezio performed a Leap of Faith from the tower and went to aid Bartolomeo. After he arrived, Dante fled.
- Dante: Must return to L'Arsenale...
- Bartolomeo: Salute, Ezio!
- Ezio: Care for some company?
- Bartolomeo: By all means!
Together the two fought through the guards. Once they were defeated, Bartolomeo ran after Dante.
- Bartolomeo: After him!
Ezio followed Dante and overheard Silvio from above.
- Silvio: A fine specimen, isn't he? You should be honored to die by his hand!
- Bartolomeo: Ciucciami i coglioni, muso da mona (Suck my balls you fucking idiot)! Porca puttana (Son of a bitch)! Come on, Ezio! We need to stop that grassone bastardo (fat bastard)!
They engaged Dante in battle again.
- Silvio: You think I don't know why you're here, Ezio?! But you're too late! There's nothing you can do to prevent us from obtaining it. Ah! That's right! You still don't know, do you? Though once Dante's done with you it won't matter anymore. Do you miss him, Ezio? Your fool of a father?
- Silvio: My greatest regret is that I could not have been the one to pull the lever. To watch him kick and gasp and hang! You'll follow him into the ground! You and that condottiero (mercenary captain) too! And after we'll come for the others! Your uncle. Your mother. Your sweet, sweet sister.
Silvio signaled to Dante.
- Silvio: Enough of this! We're out of time! Return to me. We must depart.
- Bartolomeo: Ezio! Go now! That brute will no doubt lead you straight to his master. My men and I will remain here and keep the guards from giving chase.
Dante returned to Silvio.
- Silvio: Hurry! They're going to leave without us!
Ezio tried to follow Silvio and Dante to the boat, but he was ambushed by more guards. Silvio and Dante reached the boat, but they realized they were too late.
- Silvio: God damn them all! I've been nothing but loyal! And this – THIS – is how they repay me?
- Dante: What trouble, master?
- Silvio: Don't you see what's happened?!
- Dante: No.
- Silvio: Of course not, slow as you are. We've been betrayed! The ship has sailed – without us! And now the Assassin approaches.
Perhaps there's still time for us to escape. If not to the island, at least away from here...
- Dante: As you command.
- Silvio: Yes. Prepare the ship!
- Crew: Raise the sails! Pull up the anchor.
Ezio finally managed to defeat the guards and assassinated both Silvio and Dante.
- Ezio: What's happened here? Why the boats? I thought you sought the Doge's seat?
- Silvio: Just a distraction. We were meant to sail...
- Ezio: Sail where?
- Silvio: I'll never tell.
- Dante: Cyprus is their destination. They want... they want...
- Ezio: Non temete l'oscurità, accettate il suo abbraccio (Fear not the darkness, but welcome its embrace). Requiescant in pace (Rest in peace).
Bartolomeo reunited with Ezio.
- Bartolomeo: Well done, Ezio! Silvio is defeated and the military district returned to us! Perhaps now Venezia might finally enjoy a bit of pace e tranquilità (peace and quiet)! We should celebrate this victory!
- Ezio: I am glad for you and your men, Bartolomeo, but I cannot join. I fear my work has just taken a rather strange turn...
- Bartolomeo: What do you mean?
- Ezio: Silvio wasn't looking to replace Marco as Doge. He was about to leave Venezia, in fact. This whole thing was just a distraction.
- Bartolomeo: Why?
- Ezio: That is what I need to find out.
Silvio Barbarigo and Dante Moro were killed, and the Castello district was freed from Templar power.
- Even if Ezio assassinated Silvio and Dante at different times, they would both appear in the same Memory Corridor.
- The name of the memory is a reference to the quote: "Kill two birds with one stone."