|Trust Is Earned|
19 June 1719
- Adéwalé: What's our course, captain?
- Edward: Príncipe, quartermaster. We're sailing for the coast of Africa.
The Jackdaw arrived at Príncipe, and sunk several enemy ships.
- Edward: I'm off to find Roberts.
- Adéwalé: Don't stay long. The crew's getting restless out here.
Edward located the slaver camp, only to be ambushed by the Sage.
- Roberts: Captain Kenway...
- Edward: Yet another dire situation, Roberts. We really must stop meeting like this.
- Roberts: Stop tailing me and your wish'd come true.
- Edward: There's no need for this. You know I'm as good as my word.
- Roberts: Our captain Howell was killed today in a Portuguese ambush. Headstrong fool. I warned him not to go ashore.
- Edward: It was orchestrated by the Templars, Burgess and Cockram. The same sort that took you to Havana.
- Roberts: Ah, I see now there is no escaping the Templars' attention, is there? I suppose it is time to fight back.
- Edward: Hm, I do like the sound of that.
- Roberts: And I know just how I'll do it. But these men, Burgess and Cockram... they cannot be allowed to leave with word of my escape.
- Edward: They won't. Count on it.
- Roberts: If you spot any men from my crew, do them some kindness and send them here.
- Edward: I'll do all I can.
Edward set out to assassinate Burgess and Cockram, freeing pirates from a Portuguese camp along the way.
- Cockram: Take only what you can carry, maggots! We're not waiting on no one!
- Burgess: Put some hustle in that bustle or we're leaving you behind!
- Cockram: Pull up your socks and grab your cocks! This ship is sailing!
- Burgess: Oy! Roust yourselves and haul your arses to port! We're weighing anchor!
- Cockram: Up with you, mongrel, and lend the bosun a hand!
- Burgess: Wake up, man! You'll dream all you like after death.
Edward assassinated the two Templars.
- Cockram: You done us good, Kenway. Proved yourself a true bravo. And for what?
- Burgess: His own bloody pride.
- Edward: You stepped in the path of my prize. Not a thing a man should do.
- Cockram: A cocksure cully, just like Hornigold said.
- Edward: That Templar scab means nothing to me. None of you do.
- Burgess: And you're worse for it, Kenway! It were the Templars who took us in when all else went to shit! Not our king. Not our country. The Templars.
- Cockram: The Templars is our family. Where's yours?
Edward returned to the beach.
- Roberts: In honest service there are thin commons, low wages, and hard labour. Yet as gentlemen of fortune we enjoy plenty and satisfaction, pleasure and ease, liberty and power... so what man with a sensible mind would choose the former life, when the only hazard we pirates run is a sour look from those without strength or splendour! Now, I have been among you six weeks, and in that time I have adopted your outlook as my own, and with so fierce a conviction that it may frighten you to see your passions reflected from me in a stark a light. But... if it's a captain you see in me now, aye then... I'll be your bloody captain! For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and withdrawing them find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man! Ah, man... you flatter me with your persistence.
- Edward: I'm looking for the Observatory. Folks say you're the only man that can find it.
- Roberts: Folks are correct. Despite my distaste for your eagerness, I see in you a touch of untested genius. I'm Bartholomew Roberts.
- Edward: Edward.
- Roberts: I've no secrets to share with you now. But if you'll lend me your aid in two months time, west of the Leeward islands, well... it's there you'll get some answers. I promise you.
Edward finally gained the trust of the Sage Bartholomew Roberts, who requested his aid.