Do not lose any health squares.
Ezio Auditore succeeded in obtaining French armor for Bartolomeo d'Alviano's men. He then reached the location where Bartolomeo and his mercenaries had gathered. Suiting up, Ezio and the mercenaries took Bartolomeo captive and marched towards the French camp. Upon arriving at the camp, they were able to enter with little difficulty and once inside, the Baron de Valois appeared infront of them, holding Pantasilea hostage. At that moment, Ezio fired his Hidden Gun into the air, signaling Bartolomeo and his men to attack.
Ezio and the mercenaries put on their armor.
- Bartolomeo: Bring me a suit of that perverted armor.
- Ezio: You are not wearing one.
- Bartolomeo: What?
- Ezio: It is part of the plan. You surrendered to us. We are bringing you to the Baron.
- Bartolomeo: Ah, yes. Then what?
- Ezio: Your men attack on my signal.
- Bartolomeo: Bene (Good). Go change into costume. Dawn approaches.
Ezio lead Bartolomeo and the disguised mercenaries to the French camp. On the way they killed a few guards at the checkpoints.
- Mercenary: We must follow the patrol route. We cannot deviate or the Duc's men will know something is wrong.
- Bartolomeo: The Baron thinks Cesare will allow the French to rule Italy. He's so blinded by the trickle of royalty in his blood, that lazy inbred can't see the battlefield. Whatever the French may think, Cesare intends to be king.
- Bartolomeo: Your plan is brillante (brilliant), but I don't like using this kind of trick. I believe in fair fighting, may the best man win.
- Ezio: Cesare and the Baron seem to have a different style.
- Bartolomeo: "There will come a day in which men no longer cheat each other. And on that day we will see what mankind is truly capable of."
- Ezio: I've heard that before...
- Bartolomeo: It is something your father once wrote.
Ezio and the others entered the French camp without being detected.
- Gatekeeper: Que venez-vous faire ici? (Declare yourself.)
- Ezio: Mes soldats conduisent le capitaine italien à Son Excellence le Baron. Il veut se rendre.
(My soldiers are taking the Italian captain to His Excellency the Baron. He wants to surrender.)
- Gatekeeper: What part of France are you from?
- Ezio: Montréal.
- Gatekeeper: Open the gates!
- Bartolomeo: (Under his breath, to Ezio) You speak French?
- Ezio: (Under his breath) There were a couple of French girls in Firenze.
Ezio lead Bartolomeo and his disguised troops into the French camp. On the way many French soldiers insulted Bartolomeo.
- Guard I: Chien d'Italien. (Italian dog.)
- Guard II: Regardez-le, il a honte de ce qu'il est! (Look at him, he is ashamed of what he is!)
Finally they reached the inside of the camp to speak with Octavian.
- Octavian: Général d'Alviano. It seems that you have seen the light.
- Bartolomeo: Enough of your crap. Release my wife.
- Octavian: Such entitlement from a man born with nothing to his name.
- Bartolomeo: Mine is worth it's currency. Unlike yours, which is counterfeit.
- Octavian: How dare you?
- Bartolomeo: You think that commanding an army grants you nobility? Nobility comes from fighting besides your soldiers, not kidnapping a woman to cheat your way out of battle. Why don't you grow a pair and release my wife?
- Octavian: You savages never learn.
Octivian pointed his wheel-lock pistol at Batolomeo's wife, Ezio signaled the mercenaries to attack by firing his hidden pistol into the air. Octavian left the courtyard along with his prisoner.
Ezio succeeded in infiltrating the French camp along with Bartolomeo and his mercenaries. The Baron retreated with Pantasilea into his inner fortress.
- Ezio's claim that he comes from Montréal is a reference to Ubisoft Montreal, the developers of the Assassin's Creed series. However, not only is Montréal a Canadian city, it had not even been founded at the time of the game's setting.
- Ezio speaks French with a heavy English accent, rather than an Italian one.
- If the Ezio reaches the guards at the first gate ahead of Bartolomeo and the mercenaries, they will speak in Italian rather than French.
- Ezio fires his pistol to cause a distraction; however, the pistol is not visible on his disguise.