Jacob and Evie met with Clara O'Dea. To secure an alliance with her, they agreed to free several child workers from a factory.
As Clara and the other children played in an alley, Jacob and Evie walked towards them.
- Evie: What is this place?
- Clara: It's nice to meet you both at last. This is Babylon Alley. Here, we make it our business to know the streets, and provide children with the opportunity to control their own destinies.
- Evie: Clara. Mister Green said we might be able to help one another?
- Clara: In exchange for our services, we ask a small favor.
- Jacob: Well, why not? You seem to have taken most of my money. Why not take a small favor, too?
- Clara: There are several factories about the city that are powered almost entirely by child labor. Those children work long hours, with little pay, and most are not permitted even to leave the factory grounds. They suffer terribly. I need you to save them.
- Jacob: A small favor?
- Clara: In return, we offer you intelligence. Something you clearly need.
- Jacob: Now hold on a minute-
- Clara: I'm late for an appointment. What of these terms?
- Evie: We accept.
Clara spat in her hand and shook hands with Evie.
- Clara: Pleasure doing business with you.