However, only two of these bridges crossed the river to Tiber Island; both of which were marked with the Templar cross. No other bridge in Rome had these symbols, yet Tiber Island housed the Assassins' headquarters.
- Ezio Auditore considered dropping the Apple into the Tiber after the confrontation in the Vatican in 1499.
- There were hidden tunnel entrances submerged in the Tiber, which led into the Tiber Island headquarters.
- The iconic scene of the Assassin ceremony ended with the newly-initiated Assassin performing a Leap of Faith into the Tiber.
- Cesare Borgia would often have the bodies of his enemies discarded into the Tiber, including his brother Juan, and Francesco Troche.
- In the year 2012, the body of the Assassin and captive of Abstergo Industries, Clay Kaczmarek was found floating in the Tiber, having apparently been dumped there after his death.