- "There's something I have to show you. We've been lied to this whole time. Everything we know, everything we've been brought up to believe. It's wrong."
- ―Clay Kaczmarek.[src]
The Truth referred to a video hidden inside the Animus' memory core by Abstergo Industries' 16th test subject, Clay Kaczmarek, with the intent to enlighten and warn his successor in the project, Desmond Miles.
Similarly, the puzzles also contained the coordinates where Clay had hidden ten Rifts in the virtual machine's programming. Solving the cluster puzzles behind these unlocked another video labelled "the Truth", as well as a hidden executable file referred to as "the Miracle".
The scenery contained a mixture of flora, a reflective blue material that resembled glass, and a white surface that sounded like stone. The garden was decorated in a futuristic style, contrary to the expected Biblical setting. Moving through a circular automatic door, Adam and Eve used freerunning to scale a large, futuristic building.
While they were climbing up the building, they stopped momentarily at a large window, through which a silhouette of a humanoid figure could be seen holding a Piece of Eden, along with several human slaves. These workers appeared to be in an environment similar to that of a metal refinery, with one slave in the foreground clearly using a hammer to shape a metal object.
Adam and Eve continued climbing until they reached the roof of the building, with other futuristic buildings visible surrounding them. Further in the background, a mountain was clearly visible, while there was little other elevation in land elsewhere. The terrain was lush, and a large forest's boundaries were visible.
Eve could then be seen holding a Piece of Eden, before saying "Adam, I have it!" Adam then called out to Eve by name, as both turned to look at what was presumably chasing them. She then shouted to Adam "Look out!", before the video cut to black, and a binary code flashed up.
- "I am with you until the end. Find me in the darkness."
- ―Clay to Desmond.[src]
Along with the video clips hidden behind the Glyphs, small strings of numbers were included at the end of each. Upon Desmond reliving Ezio Auditore da Firenze's later memories, Shaun discovered that the numbers corresponded to further coordinates in Rome; where ten Rifts were hidden.
These rifts could only be seen with Eagle Vision, and needed to be climbed into, rather than simply being found and scanned. Behind each was one of ten Cluster puzzles that, when completed, unlocked a small video clip that displayed a series of seemingly corrupted data with unintelligible words on the top left corner.
Immediately after solving the final cluster, a short video was unlocked that stated "The miracle is in the execution" while the ultrasound of an unborn child was shown. At this point, Rebecca Crane noted that, unlike the Truth video, the Cluster puzzles actually concealed an executable file.
Upon accessing the file, Desmond was then uploaded to an unknown area within the Animus, where he was free to run through a somewhat long virtual maze similar to those within the Animus Virtual Training Program. At the end of the maze, Desmond found a hologram of Clay – partially broken and made of computing code – who told Desmond that all hope was lost, and that he must go to Eden to find a woman named Eve.
- Desmond: Subject 16?
- Clay: Yes, Subject 17.
- Desmond: You're dead. I saw your blood.
- Clay: No time. It is far later than you know. Too late to save them.
- Desmond: Who?
- Clay: She is not who you think she is. Everything you hope to become, everything you hold dear. It's already gone.
- Desmond: Explain. Please.
- Clay: Eden. She... in Eden. Find Eve. The key. Her DNA...
- Desmond: Tell me!
- Clay: I can not... The sun... Your son... Too weak... Must replenish energy...
- Desmond: Don't go.
- Clay: I am with you until the end. Find me in the darkness.
- The mountain in the Truth bore a striking resemblance to Mount Kilimanjaro, thus placing the scene in Africa. This would make sense, as humanity is generally considered to originate from Africa.
- Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad had seen the Truth in some shape or form, since, in the Codex, he mentioned the buildings and mountain that are in the video. In the pages, he was clearly horrified by what he had seen.
- The music played during Adam's and Eve's escape, titled "Wetlands Escape" in the Assassin's Creed II soundtrack, was the same track that played during Desmond and Lucy's escape from Abstergo facility, and Ezio's escape from the Auditore execution.
- In the PS3 version, Eve did not say "Look out!" At that point, there was silence, and the binary code for "Eden" appeared.
- The DLC pack The Lost Archive, which followed the story of Clay, contained a memory named "The Truth."
- On a wall in the Miracle's obstacle course, the climbing cubes formed the Assassin insignia.