- This article is about one of Edward Kenway's genetic memories. You may be looking for one of Alonzo Batilla's memories of the same name.
- Soldier 1: (Supper. Eat it fast.)
The soldier placed a bowl of gruel next to the two men. Uninterested, Edward turned to address his fellow prisoner.
- Edward: You hungry?
Edward passed the bowl over to Adéwalé, who used the gruel to slicken his bindings and slip out of them, before springing Edward free.
- Edward: Now what's your plan, mate?
- Adéwalé: Find my weapon and steal a ship.
- Soldier 2: (God help us. I don't like the look of that storm coming.)
- Soldier 3: (It looks like it's veering west, into the gulf. We might be safe.)
- Adéwalé: Soldier!
- Edward: Unlucky lads.
- Soldier 4: Aieee!
Edward and Adéwalé reached their weapons.
- Edward: Christ, the seas are uneasy today.
- Adéwalé: Hurricane coming.
- Edward: Hurricane? Jaysus.
- Adéwalé: We're stealing a brig. Hey, take what you need!
- Edward: Won't be a minute.
Edward found a leather vest among the confiscated possessions and used it to reinforce his robes.
- Adéwalé: There's many prisoners held on these ships. Set them free, and they'll sail with us, no question.
Edward and Adéwalé made their way topside.
- Edward: So that's the idea then? Free what men we can, then find a fast ship to flee in?
- Adéwalé: Aye. There's a brig in this fleet. I'll make my way to it.
Edward saved the first group of prisoners.
- Edward: There's a catch to this favor. You're sailing with me.
- Prisoner: I'd follow you to hell for this, mate!
Edward made his way to the next ship.
- Soldier 5: (What's the delay? We should be halfway to Bermuda by now.)
- Soldier 6: (Gold. Silver. Jade. Tobacco. You name it.)
- Soldier 5: (What about water? What about food? I'm more worried about my stomach than the King's coffers.)
Edward saved another group of prisoners.
- Edward: Come on, lads! If we're to drown today, it won't be here!
Edward made his way to the next ship.
- Soldier 7: (Make ready to leave! That storm's nearly upon us!)
- Soldier 8: (What of the prisoners?)
- Soldier 7: (Let them drown, else we all do!)
Edward saved another group.
- Edward: There's a brig nearby just waiting for us to take her.
Edward made his way to the next ship, going below deck.
- Soldier 9: (I'm going on top. This is madness.)
- Soldier 10: (Calm down. We'll be fine. We'll be under-weigh in a few minutes.)
- Soldier 11: (Stop squirming about, pirate! You understand? No moving!)
Edward saved the last group of prisoners.
- Edward: We're going topside. Be ready.
Edward then made his way towards the brig.
- Soldier 12: (We must weigh anchor! Now!
Hurry! For God's sake, move! Jesus help us! We'll be dashed to pieces!)
- Captain: (We're not going anywhere! Batten down the hatches and sit tight, you hear me?)
- Soldier 12: (Who the hell is in charge here?!)
Edward swiftly killed the brig's captain.
- Edward: Lay aboard, lads!
- Adéwalé: Save your singing for Davy Jones, you Jagabats! It's a hard wind coming!
- Edward: The man speaks true! You lot weigh anchor. As for the rest, half on the foremast and half at the main! Let's outrun this hurricane!
Edward began his attempt to escape the hurricane.
- Edward: Keep watch on those galleons! See they don't give us trouble.
- Adéwalé: They won't. Far too slow for this weather.
- Edward: Bark any orders you think wise, mate. We're up against it here!
- Adéwalé: These men know their place. They'll see us home.
A rogue wave appeared.
- Adéwalé: Look out man!
- Edward: I see it!
- Adéwalé: Waterspout!
Steer clear of that thing!
Waterspout, man! Steer wide!
It's not looking good!
Steady as she goes, man.
We will be dragged down to our deaths, captain.
Edward and his crew managed to escape from the treasure fleet and the storm.
- Crewman 1: Godfrey Lijah, we made it!
- Crewman 2: Oh what a mess! Jaysus.
- Edward: By God, we pulled this one straight from the teeth of Neptune... I'm Edward. Much thanks for your aid back there.
- Adéwalé: Adéwale.
- Edward: Ever been to Nassau, Adéwalé?
- Adéwalé: Not yet.
- Edward: By God, she took some knocks, didn't she? I think I'll keep her. All hands aft, lads! We're taking this one home!
With the combined effort of the prisoners they released, Edward and Adéwalé managed to escape captivity and certain death with a stolen brig, which Edward decided to keep afterward.