Ezio met up with his apprentice.
- Ezio: Any news of the traitor, Vali? Have you found him?
- Apprentice: He found us, Mentor. Two of our brothers were kidnapped from this den earlier today. Now Vali is demanding that we hand over our property to the Templars.
- Ezio: No. We do not negotiate with men who use hostages as leverage. We hunt them down, and we eliminate them.
- Apprentice: Then we should split up and search Galata now. We have little time to waste.
Ezio and his apprentice seperated to rescue the captured Assassins, and Ezio managed to save both Assassin captives.
- Ezio: Was it Vali who did this to you?
- Assassin: Mentor, forget me. You have fallen for a ruse. He captured me to draw the Assassins away from our headquarters. He will be on his way there now!
Ezio made his way to the Assassin's headquarters.
- Vali: You are a canny soldier, Ezio! But you alone are not enough to save this city.
Vali fled from Ezio and his apprentice.
- Apprentice: I will follow from the rooftops.
Ezio's apprentice managed to assassinate Vali from above.
- Vali: Once your Creed was as vital to me as air and water... but when the Turks marched into Wallachia, and you Assassins did nothing to stop it, how could I continue to believe? If a man's philosophy does not let him protect his people, his home, and his family... what good can it do for the world?
- Apprentice: Peace be with you.
Vali cel Tradat was assassinated, eliminating the Galata District of his threatening presence.
- If Ezio killed Vali before his apprentice did, the following cutscene would still show that the apprentice had killed him.