Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Sage's Buried Secret|
Edward and James made their way through the temple.
- Edward: You walked me blind and backwards into this mess, Kidd! Who the hell was that jester back there?
- Kidd: Ah Tabai, an Assassin. And my Mentor.
- Edward: So you're all part of some daffy religion?
- Kidd: We're Assassins and we follow a Creed, aye. But it does not command us to act or submit... only to be wise.
- Edward: Oh. Do tell. I'd love to hear it.
- Kidd: "Nothing is true, everything is permitted." This is the world's only certainty.
- Edward: "Everything is permitted?" I like the sound of that. Thinking what I like, and acting how I please.
- Kidd: You parrot the words... but you do not understand them.
- Edward: Don't get haughty with me, Kidd. I followed you as a friend, and you tricked me.
- Kidd: I saved your skin bringing you here, man. These men wanted you dead for what you did in Havana. I talked 'em out of it.
- Edward: Well cheers for that.
- Kidd: Aye. Cheers.
A bridge collapsed as Kidd walked onto it.
- Kidd: Ah! The way forward's blocked.
- Edward: That's a door, I reckon.
- Kidd: Aye. And there should be some way to open it. A mechanism somewhere...
- Edward: Like a capstan?
- Kidd: Hm. Those blocks up there. Try moving them.
As Edward scaled a wall, part of it fell off, nearly causing him to fall.
- Edward: Ah! Dammit!
- Kidd: Easy, Kenway! This ain't like climbing ratlines! Those blocks up there seem like they might move with a bit weight.
- Edward: So it's you lot them Templars have been chasing, then?
- Kidd: Until you came along and mucked things up, it was us chasing them. We had them running scared. But they have the upper hand now. The door's mechanism seems to be broke. Let's find another way 'round. Follow on, man! Jump!
Kidd and Edward dove through an underwater tunnel to circumvent the door.
- Kidd: You still drawing breath?
- Edward: Enough to curse you with, Kidd!
The two dove again, and surfaced near an underground temple with an ancient doorway.
- Edward: Must be a great treasure beyond.
- Kidd: Treasure. Right.
- Edward: Whatever is waiting at the end of this path had better be worth my time.
- Kidd: That'll depend on you.
- Edward: How's that?
- Kidd: What I'm taking you to see may spin your head right 'round. I only hope you can take the shock of it.
- Edward: I can handle myself.
They reached a puzzle.
- Edward: Is this IT then? The grand prize your Mentor asked me to see? Looks nothing like the man they called the Sage, I'm sorry to say.
- Kidd: Keep your trousers tied up. We've one more riddle to solve. These statues are like the ones we've seen before, but with pictures carved on them.
- Edward: There's pictures carved on the floor as well, but not of the same sort.
- Kidd: There's a correspondence then. But what...? There's a difference between them animals on the statues and them on the floor. Dor you see it?
- Edward: Aye. One group is predators, the other is prey.
- Kidd: Which predator goes with this prey, that's the question.
- Edward: Right. There's your correspondence. Match a predator with its prey.
- Kidd: Might be you can use the lever to move them drawings on the ground.
- Edward: I was just about to say the same.
They solved the puzzle, revealing a statue.
- Edward: Jaysus. That's him. The Sage. But this thing must be hundreds of years old.
- Kidd: Older still. You're certain it's him?
- Edward: Aye. It's the eyes that mark him.
- Kidd: Did the Templars say why they wanted this Sage?
- Edward: They drew some of his blood into this small glass cube.
- Kidd: Like this one?
- Edward: Aye. They meant to ask him about the Observatory too, but he escaped.
- Kidd: Hm. We're finished here.
Edward confirmed the authenticity of the Sage.