Big Dave needed better tools to craft Norris' knife. Connor went to New York to acquire the necessary pieces.
Connor walked up to Dave and Norris.
- David: Connor! You have a minute, my friend?
- Norris: How's it coming, Big Dave? You make any progress on the knife? I would like to give it to Myriam soon.
- David: The steel Norris smelted is something else - I've rarely seen such fine metal. Trouble is, my old tools aren't hard enough to work it. The ones I need aren't hard to find- a shop or two in New York sell them at a good price. I'd do it myself but with the Regulars after my head, I'll stay here safe and sound if I can.
- Connor: I have matters to attend to in New York. I will see to it the next time I journey there.
- David: Sounds good!
Connor traveled to New York and purchased the pieces needed for Dave's new hammer. As he was leaving the general store, Connor overheard two guards talking.
- Guard 1: Captain's on a warpath for that deserter.
- Guard 2: What's his name? 'Big Man' or some-such-thing?
- Guard 1: Big Dave. Did in a whole unit escaping, they say. Big Dave's in for a rough ride, seems to me.
After the guards left, Connor returned to Dave with the hammer pieces.
- David: Connor!
- Connor: I have the tools you requested.
- David: Ah! Excellent! I'll get right to work. Norris has been hanging around pestering me about his knife.
- Connor: I thought you should know I overheard some Regulars talking. They are looking for you.
- David: I imagine they are. I'll have to face them some time or another.
Connor retrieved the necessary tools.