|The Mentor's Wake|
Altaïr has killed his mentor Al Mualim for betraying the Assassins. Make sure Al Mualim is truly dead and that the Assassins understand why.
Having killed Al Mualim and retaken the Apple of Eden, Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad carried the body of his former Mentor to be burned. The burning of the body caused an uproar, leading to Abbas Sofian taking the Apple.
Altaïr stood over Al Mualim's body as another Assassin entered.
- Assassin: Is it truly over? Is that sorcerer dead?
- Altaïr: He was no sorcerer. Just an ordinary man in command of illusions. Have you prepared the pyre?
- Assassin: I have, but... Altaïr... some of the men, will not stand for such a thing.
- Altaïr: Let me handle it.
Altaïr carried the body to the pyre, meanwhile conversing with the Assassin.
- Altaïr: Are you fit to travel?
- Assassin: Well enough, yes.
- Altaïr: I asked Malik to ride to Jerusalem with the news of Al Mualim's death. Would you ride to Acre and do the same?
- Assassin: Of course.
Altaïr encountered Abbas Sofian.
- Abbas: What has happened here?
- Altaïr: Our Mentor deceived us all. The Templars corrupted him.
- Abbas: Where is your proof?
- Altaïr: Walk with me, Abbas, and I will explain.
- Abbas: And if I find your answers wanting?
- Altaïr: I will talk until you are satisfied. Do you remember the artifact we recovered from Robert de Sable in Solomon's Temple?
- Abbas: The artifact you were sent to retrieve, but others delivered?
- Altaïr: Yes. It is a Templar tool, the Apple of Eden. It can conjure illusions and control men's minds. A deadly weapon.
- Abbas: And you believe Al Mualim fell under its spell?
- Altaïr: I do. Today he used the Apple to enslave Masyaf. You saw that for yourself.
- Abbas: I do not know what I saw.
- Altaïr: Listen, Abbas. The Apple is safe in Al Mualim's study. When I am finished here, I will show you all I know.
Altaïr placed Al Mualim's body on the pyre and set it on fire.
- Abbas: Altaïr! No!
- Altaïr: I must know that he cannot return.
- Abbas: But this is not our way! To burn a man's body is forbidden!
- Citizen: Defiler!
- Altaïr: Hear me out! This body could be another one of Al Mualim's phantoms! I must be certain!
- Abbas: Lies! All your life you have made a mockery of our Creed! You bend the rules to suit your whims, while belittling and humiliating those around you!
- Citizen: Restrain him!
- Assassin: Did you not hear him? Al Mualim is bewitched!
Abbas threw Altaïr from the cliff, and a fight between Altaïr's supporters and his opponents ensued. Eventually, Abbas caught the attention by revealing himself with the Apple.
- Abbas: What did I tell you, Altaïr?
- Altaïr: Abbas! Stop!
- Abbas: What did you think would happen when you murdered our beloved Mentor?
- Altaïr: You loved Al Mualim less than anyone! You blamed him for all your misfortune, even your father's suicide!
- Abbas: My father was a hero!
- Altaïr: This is not the time to quarrel over the past. We must decide what to do with that weapon!
- Abbas: Whatever this artifact is capable of, you are not worthy to wield it.
- Altaïr: No man is!
- Abbas: Ahhh, it IS beautiful, is it not?
The Apple overtook Abbas and went out of control. Altaïr made his way to save Abbas.
- Abbas: Ah...
- Assassin: What was that? Are they dead?
- Abbas: F-forgive me... I did not know...
Altaïr turned to the Apple.
- Altaïr: Have you anything to teach us? Or will you lead us all to ruin?
Altaïr burned Al Mualim's body, and saved Abbas from the Apple of Eden. Soon after, Altaïr would take control of the Assassin Order.
- To achieve full Synchronization, Altaïr must not have lost more than three synchronization points.
- At certain points during the memory, Altaïr's sword could switch from his sword to a different sword.