Aveline arrived at the Smugglers' Hideout.
- Aveline: Bonjour (Greetings), smugglers!
- Élise: Aveline! It's been a long while!
- Aveline: Too long! Listen, have you noticed any unusual activity on the bayou?
- Élise: Other than ours, you mean?
- Roussillon: We have been noticing rather a lot of men in Spanish uniforms... although I would question both their manhood and their allegiance!
- Aveline: They've been bribed by a man named Vázquez. He works for–
- Roussillon: Vázquez! Sacrebleu! (Damn!) I know his name. I heard soldiers talking. He plans to divert a supply ship tomorrow.
- Aveline: Unless we divert it first...
- Roussillon: I like how you think! Have I not said it before, Élise? I love how she thinks!
- Élise: I'm in the mood for a diversion, myself.
- Roussillon: If I may make a suggestion: the lighthouse on Lake Pontchartrain. If you euh... tamper with it, perhaps that ship may never reach her berth.
- Aveline: Roussillon, I like how you think! Have I not said it before, Élise? I love how he thinks!
Aveline then left to sabotage the lighthouse.
Having quietly snuck past the fort's guards, Aveline disabled the lighthouse, causing Vázquez's supply ship to wash up on a nearby island.