|The Key to the Problem|
Investigate how to infiltrate the Governor's Mansion.
4 February 1765
Aveline went to meet with Gérald Blanc.
- Gérald: You may, er... put your mind at ease, Monsieur. The cargo will be delivered on time.
- Philippe: I dare say thanks are owed to Saint Nicholas.
- Gérald: Or perhaps a... uh... guardian angel, Monsieur.
- Philippe: Ah! Aveline. I am sure it is not your old father's company that draws you here. I will leave you both to your private business.
- Gérald: Aveline, the documents you found aboard the rat captain's ship... I recognized a name — Rafael Joaquín de Ferrer — a known enemy. I don't know what his business is here, but we can be assured it's more than er... simple larceny.
- Aveline: How can I help?
- Gérald: One of Agaté's "Servant" contacts tells us that he will attend a uh... social soirée at the governor's mansion this evening.
- Aveline: I'll have my best dress ready. Or my worst! Fear not, Gérald. I'll uncover his true purpose.
- Gérald: In the meantime, may I suggest that you er... familiarize yourself with the governor's mansion? Perhaps discover a... uh... discreet way to enter?
- Aveline: Don't worry Gérald, I will prepare well.
- Gérald: One more thing. There is a small er... house for sale near the governor's mansion. It would be ideal for a Dressing Chamber. If you wouldn't mind er... buying it?
- Aveline: Your wish is my command, Monsieur Blanc.
Aveline then bought a house to use as a dressing room, and changed into her slave guise. From the entrance of the mansion, she tailed a butler, until the man met with his contact.
- Butler: Remember, we need these goods delivered to the south entrance, just after sunset. Here... This will grant you access to the kitchen.
Aveline pickpocketed the key from the butler's contact.
Aveline managed to steal a key to the governor's mansion, allowing her a method of entry at a later hour.