- This article is about the memory. You may be looking for the group of the same name.
Ezio entered the Grand Bazaar, meeting with a rug merchant.
- Merchant: You see this rug. Incredible quality. Your feet will love you more than your wife does.
- Ezio: I am not married.
- Merchant: Ah, you're better off. Come, feel it!
- Ezio: You have sold well today.
- Merchant: I have not sold a thing! The Janissaries confiscated most of my rugs just because they were imported.
- Ezio: Do you know Tarik Barleti, their captain?
- Merchant: Eh, he's around here somewhere. An arrogant man, but–
A group of Janissaries walked past the two.
- Merchant: You insult me, sir! I cannot take less than two hundred Akçe (coins) for this! My final offer.
- Ezio: When I find him, I will ask about the rugs.
Ezio walked away from the merchant.
- Merchant: You drive a hard bargain, yabanci (stranger). Shall we compromise at one eighty? One eighty Akçe (coins), and we part as friends!
Ezio located Tarik.
- Ezio: There he is.
- Tarik: I pray Selim can soon return to a city in good spirits and stronger hands.
Ezio tailed Tarik, until the captain met with one of his Janissaries.
- Tarik: Of all Mehmet's accomplishments, I am beginning to think this Bazaar was the finest.
Tarik turned towards the crowds.
- Tarik: If you have no business here, you do not belong!
Clear the way!
Tarik met with more of his men.
- Tarik: This is an important meeting... make sure I am not being followed.
Ah, when I was a young man, there was a baker who worked right here selling fresh simit all day, every day. And on my free days I would buy two at a time, sometimes three. It is a shame that nothing good ever lasts long. Perhaps your business will do better, eh?
This Empire is sick, and Bayezid – it pains me to say – is its cancer.
You there! I will be back tomorrow, and if you have not disposed of all this foreign made garbage, I will confiscate it myself, and throw it into the Bosphorus!
Tarik met another Janissary.
- Tarik: What news?
- Janissary: Manuel has agreed to meet you, Tarik. He's waiting by the arsenal gate.
- Tarik: An eager old weasel, isn't he? Come.
Ezio determined that Tarik was plotting something, and suspecting him to be in league with the Templars, decided to follow him to the Arsenal.