|The Hunt Begins|
- Rafik: Fine silks, my ladies! Straight from Cathay!
- Altaïr: Old man! I have a message for you! A cat's dream is filled with mice.
- Rafik: Not here, you fool! Ladies, you must excuse me!
Altaïr followed the man into his shop.
- Rafik: A fine morning surprise! Only one who has walked the plains of God more than those of men could act this stupidly. You ought to know when to shut up and show some the respect they deserve! Old man, you say? Maybe. But look behind me and see all that I have built. You? You have nothing; you're just a howling brat. A test for you, then. Down this street, there is a man in front of the big gate. Kill him. Continue to the end of the street; if you survive, you will find me waiting.
Altaïr left the shop and tracked down the man he was meant to kill.
- Altaïr: There's my target.
Altaïr noticed an archer on a nearby rooftop.
- Altaïr: I should get rid of this guard. He'll raise the alarm if he sees me.
Altaïr silently killed the archer and made his way to his target. After killing his target, a nearby guard noticed him.
- Guard: An Assassin?! Get him now!
After dealing with the guards, Altaïr continued to the end of the street, meeting the old man again.
- Rafik: Not bad! Maybe you're a real Assassin after all. Let's go in the office, we have to talk.
Altaïr followed the man into his office.
- Rafik: I don't think Al-Mualim sent you just to annoy me. So what is it?
- Altaïr: We're looking for something that is in the Templars' possession. It's called the...
- Rafik: No need. You are not the first man sent by Al-Mualim for this. Those who found nothing are still alive. One apparently did find something, but... If you are coming from the citadel, you already know his fate. A man came into town recently. He is a wealthy oddities merchant called Tamir. He's got close ties to the Templars, so he should be as good a target as any to start with. Still, that's easier said than done; his house is heavily guarded.
- Altaïr: Perhaps there is another way?
- Rafik: A bright button you are! Indeed there is. There's a man called Misbah in Lowend Street. He's had some dealings with the merchant and should have information. Here, take this Grappling Hook. It will help you if you need to use the roofs again.
Altaïr left the old man's office and headed for Lowend Street.
- Altaïr: Lowend Street... The same slum as always! Let's find Misbah now.
- Guard: Keep your eyes open! What are you, the soldiers of the Holy Sleep?!
- Altaïr: So many guards... The rooftops should be safer.
Altaïr took to the rooftops and made his way to Misbah, using his newly-acquired grappling hook. Along the way, Altaïr noticed a guard standing underneath a metal crate.
- Altaïr: A perfect setup to create some mischief! Let's see...
Altaïr dropped the crate on the guard and continued on his way. As he approached a nearby house, Altaïr tried to open the door.
- Altaïr: Locked!
Altaïr noticed a guard on a nearby structure.
- Altaïr: The guard in that tower should have the means of entering...
Altaïr pickpocketed the guard and entered the building. Upon exiting the building, Altaïr noticed Misbah.
- Altaïr: Misbah! A mutual friend told me you could help me...
- Misbah: Who... Who are you?!
- Altaïr: Names come as fast as they go. It doesn't matter. I need some information about Tamir.
Altaïr interrogated Misbah, calling the attention of a nearby guard patrol.
- Guard: You there! Come forward!
- Altaïr: I'm afraid I cannot do such a thing by my own volition.
The guards attacked Altaïr. After dealing with them, Altaïr followed Misbah, who had run away in the chaos. As he tried to flee via the rooftops, the buildings collapsed, leaving him only a rope to hang on.
- Altaïr: Hmm, it seems you've found yourself in a peculiar spot. If you want me to help you walk on firm ground again...
- Misbah: ...Anything, anything! Heights... I... HELP ME!
- Altaïr: A way into Tamir's house?
- Misbah: I know of no such way!
- Altaïr: That doesn't really help me, you know?
- Misbah: Stop! Stop, please! I know nothing of entering his house! I was never there! But I know something about Tamir! Maybe it can help you! Please!
- Altaïr: Speak.
- Misbah: There's... been a shipment of oil to his house. He keeps the barrels on his roof. You don't have to enter! You can get him out!
- Altaïr: I see. Helpful information, indeed.
- Misbah: Help me now!
- Altaïr: Well, I am afraid that it will create a bad habit for you. You should help yourself!
After leaving Misbah to his own fate, Altaïr continued on his path.
- Altaïr: On to Tamir's house, now...
As he made for the rooftops, a civilian noticed Altaïr, shouting at him and throwing rocks.
- Civilian: He's here, the Assassin is here!
Altaïr quickly scurried to the rooftops, finally arriving atop Tamir's house.
- Altaïr: The oil barrels! And some torches... Rather convenient and useful.
Altaïr lit the oil barrels, causing an explosion. Tamir and his guards ran outside.
- Guard: Sir, wait here! We'll go get some water and more people to help!
- Tamir: Faster, fools! If anything in there burns, you'll be the first to pay! My beautiful carpets! The Venetian silverware! All lost!
- Altaïr: Surely you can buy them back.
- Tamir: What... Who's there?!
Altaïr dropped to the floor and approached Tamir.
- Altaïr: The Chalice, Tamir. I'm looking for it.
- Tamir: And why would I tell you anything?!
- Altaïr: Because aside from the flames around us, we are alone, Tamir. You want a way out?
- Tamir: You Assassins are not much fun when it comes to negotiating, are you? Always straight to the point. Yes, of course I want a way out. Still, there isn't much that I can tell you. The Chalice lies in the desert, Assassin. Don't know where or what it actually is. For that, you'll have to dig some more. What I do know is that you will need three keys to enter the desert temple. To find out about those, you'll have to ask Fajera.
- Altaïr: Who?
- Tamir: A dancer. Thinks she's a butterfly. You'll know when you see her. I told you everything I know. What now?
Altaïr assassinated Tamir, alerting the guards of his presence.
- Guard: Stop him! He's getting away!
After escaping the guards, Altaïr continued on to the rooftops.
- Altaïr: I should go back to Rafik... Tamir's last words raised some questions...
Altaïr learned the Chalice was being held in the desert temple and set out to find Fajera.
Assassin's Creed: Altaïr's Chronicles Memories
|Coming Home - The Hunt Begins - The Dancer - The Red Hospital - The Hidden Party - Kill the Killers - Temple of Sand - Great Angry Wall - Flow of Poison - The Running Wind - The Chalice - Snake Heart - Always an End|