- This article is about the memory. You may be looking for the device of the same name.
Follow Yusuf to learn how to use your new hookblade.
Perform every hookblade move successfully at least once.
- Yusuf: Praise the heavens! We feared we had lost our Mentor to the vices of the big city!
- Ezio: I am content with my own vices, grazie (thank you).
- Yusuf: So, what's on your mind, Ezio?
- Ezio: Tell me more about the Templars. You call them Byzantines, yet the Byzantine Empire was overthrown sixty years ago.
- Yusuf: These men are remnants of a line loyal to the cause of the last Emperor, Constantine XI. Who leads them now, however, I cannot say.
- Ezio: Capisco. (I see.) I suppose it is up to me to find out.
Yusuf noticed Ezio's second Hidden Blade, which was broken.
- Yusuf: Ezio, where is your hookblade?
- Ezio: My hookblade?
- Yusuf: You've never seen one? I grew up using these.
One of the Assassins nearby handed Yusuf a Hookblade, who passed it to Ezio. Following this, Ezio armed himself with the new blade.
- Ezio: Hmm, show me how it works.
- Yusuf: Follow my lead!
Yusuf free-ran up two walls, with Ezio close behind, before they arrived at a rooftop. At this point, Yusuf began to demonstrate the Hookblade's ability to extend an Assassin's reach while jumping.
- Yusuf: Think of the hookblade as an extension of yourself, Ezio.
Shortly after, Yusuf reached a corner-mounted lamp.
- Yusuf: You think I can't make this one?
Yusuf performed a long jump on the lamp with the Hookblade, and then laughed.
- Yusuf: Didn't break a sweat!
After some time, the pair returned to the Galata Tower, where Yusuf displayed the last of the Hookblade's moves.
- Yusuf: Watch and learn, Ezio. We call this a hook-and-run. Sprint at your opponent, and just as you reach him, use the Hookblade to slip by.
Ezio practiced the hook-and-run maneuver.
- Yusuf: Shahane! (Good!)
Ezio gained a replacement for his broken Hidden Blade, and learned the maneuvers that could be performed with the Hookblade.