|The Halls of Nero|
Locate the shrine to Romulus.
Complete the memory within 8 minutes.
Ezio activated four water sprouts, filling an old bath. A pillar for one of the sprouts collapsed, breaking the floor of the bath. Diving through the opening, Ezio landed in a basin and navigated the halls, reaching a large room, where he witnessed a Follower of Romulus kill a fellow cult member. While climbing a wall, Ezio caused some old rubble to fall down, creating a shortcut.
- Ezio: Now I can get back up here.
While jumping across the room to reach the balcony, Ezio caused the top of a fragile pillar to fall off, creating a new shortcut.
- Ezio: That could help if I fall.
While jumping onto a fragile pillar, Ezio caused it to collapse, creating another shortcut.
- Ezio: Perfect! A route up if I fall.
Ezio reached the balcony, behind which was a shrine. Ezio then took a scroll, before climbing a ladder to the surface.
Ezio retrieved a scroll of Romulus and escaped the underground palace to rendezvous with Niccolò Machiavelli.
- The key taken with the scroll was one of six that were required to unlock the armor and dagger of Brutus.
- Three Borgia flags could be found scattered across the Lair.