- Guard 1: I've heard it said our commander calls Captain Woodes Rogers a friend as well.
- Guard 2: The man who rescued Selkirk? That Captain Rogers?
- Guard 1: Aye. A sailor to his bones. And he's a hard man, he is. Earned a large scar down his left cheek after taking a pellet to the face. Lodged in his palate for a couple days.
- Guard 2: By Christ! And the man lived?
- Guard 1: Aye. Broke to stride, in fact, and continued barking orders until the next morning when he took a splinter to the heel. That took him off his feet for a day.
- Guard 2: And this is a living, breathing man we're talking about?
- Guard 1: He's a man of many talents and incredible charisma. I only wish he was enlisted so that I could serve under him.
- Guard 2: Isn't that the truth. Pass the bottle, will you?
Edward killed the Templar and escaped the area.
Edward completed the contract and received his payment.