|The Great Jewel Heist|
Duleep and the Assassins uncover the Koh-i-Noor's location: the Tower of London. They come up with a dual plan which will allow Duleep and Jacob to infiltrate the tower during a gala celebrating the royal armoury, and Evie to secure the perimeter. Jacob's goal is to procure the Koh-i-Noor and give it to Evie who will escape from the rooftops.
Duleep Singh memory
London, United Kingdom
Jacob met Evie and Duleep in Westminster.
- Duleep: You look terrible.
- Evie: And you're late.
- Jacob: Me? Never! I was simply retrieving the information you sent me to get. It was easy, really... Something about an event happening tonight at the Tower of London?
- Duleep: The Gala? I will be attending.
- Jacob: You're our in then.
- Evie: We can't just barge in and steal the crown jewels.
- Duleep: She's right, we need a plan.
- Jacob: Oh, bother.
- Evie: Jacob, you can escort Mister Singh to tonight's event. This will give you a chance to slip away from the party and find the Koh-i-Noor. I will take care of the guards around the perimeter. Meet me at the top of the White Tower.
- Jacob: Good! Another chance to wear the suit!
- Evie: No weapons allowed.
- Jacob: Where's the fun in that?!
Later that night, Jacob arrived at the Tower of London dressed in his suit.
- Jacob: I should find Singh...
Jacob entered the Tower and met with Duleep.
- Duleep: The jewels are being held upstairs. But be careful, if this isn't one of the most heavily guarded places, then I'm a true Englishman!
- Jacob: I may need your help to distract these guards.
- Duleep: Just give me the signal.
Jacob and Duleep approached a passage to the second floor which was guarded.
- Jacob: I should send a signal to Singh to distract the guards.
Duleep approached the guards to divert their attention.
- Duleep: Oh I do believe I've lost a button. Will somebody help me find it?
Jacob snuck past and went upstairs to the second floor.
- Jacob: The diamond is on the second floor... It's awfully quiet up here.
Jacob encountered a crate and a guard focused on a sleeping guardsman.
- Jacob: Guard's asleep. Wonder what's inside that crate...
Jacob inspected the crate, which was empty.
- Jacob: Someone got here before I did. Well, if the diamond's not here, I've got to find it before it leaves the building... If it hasn't already.
Where could it have gone?
Jacob explored the rest of the second floor, until he overheard a pair of Templars.
- Templar 1: This plan was genius. We'll get him this time.
- Templar 2: Friends with the Queen, pah! She won't be friends with him when she finds the diamond is in his pocket!
- Templar 1: He'll never see it coming!
- Templar 2: Once he tries to walk out that door, he'll kiss his royal title goodbye-
- Templar 1: And henceforth be known as prisoner Singh!
- Jacob: They planted the diamond on Duleep? Not good.
I need to lift the diamond from Singh's pocket. Subtlety isn't my strong suit.
Jacob returned to the first floor, where Duleep conversed with Queen Victoria and Brinley Ellsworth.
- Queen Victoria: Oh, your friend is as charming as you are, Mister Singh.
- Brinley: You flatter me, ma'am.
- Queen Victoria: Now, do tell me. How do you two know each other?
- Duleep: We met at the missionary compound in Fategarh, your majesty. The Logins were quite fond of the Ellsworths.
- Brinley: Mister Singh and I were quite close, your ladyship. It was a lonely time on foreign soil for me. I was more than happy to have a friend.
- Queen Victoria: I'm sure. And now the Company has sent you here on urgent business.
- Brinley: I wish I could disclose the information, your ladyship. But alas, I cannot. I'm sure you will learn of it soon enough.
Jacob pickpocketed the Koh-i-Noor off of Duleep.
- Jacob: Now to find my sister.
Evie arrived outside the Tower of London.
- Evie: Now to reach the White Tower...
Evie arrived at the roof of the White Tower, which was patrolled by Templars.
- Evie: The place is crawling with Templars! I've got to secure the perimeter.
Evie eliminated all the Templars, then met Jacob to retrieve the Koh-i-Noor.
- Evie: What took you so long?
- Jacob: Bit of a mishap. Here it is.
Jacob handed Evie the diamond.
- Evie: What happened?
- Jacob: Somebody stole it first. The safe had been robbed by the time I got there.
- Evie: The British Indies Company will stop at nothing.
- Jacob: There was a plan to frame Singh. I lifted it from him before the royal guards found it. Imagine the look on her Majesty's face if-
- Evie: They must know by now that their plan was foiled.
- Jacob: You're welcome.
- Evie: I think it's time to depart.
Jacob returned inside, and Evie escaped the area on her own.
- Evie: I need to find a way out of here.
I hope they make it out all right.
Jacob met with Duleep to leave the premises.
- Duleep: Did you get it to your sister?
- Jacob: Just barely.
- Duleep: What do you mean?
- Jacob: I'll tell you about it another time.
- Duleep: You encountered some trouble?
- Jacob: We can't speak of this here. The British Indies Company is up to no good again.
- Duleep: Outside, then.
Duleep was halted by the guards at the front door.
- Royal guard 1: You, sir. Halt for inspection.
- Duleep: I beg your pardon.
- Royal guard 1: Search him.
The guards patted down Duleep.
- Royal guard 2: Nothing. The Koh-i-Noor isn't here.
- Duleep: Of course there is nothing! What do you take me for, some sort of criminal?
Jacob and Duleep left the Tower and saw Queen Victoria's carriage waiting outside.
- Queen Victoria: What was all that commotion about, Mister Singh?
- Duleep: I do believe they thought I was trying to pinch the Koh-i-Noor, your ladyship.
- Queen Victoria: Ha! The Koh-i-Noor? Who on earth would want to steal that potato? Goodnight, your highness.
The Queen's carriage drove off.
- Jacob: We barely got out of there in one piece. The British Indies Company tried to plant the diamond on you and frame you for stealing it. Luckily, I was there just in the nick of time.
- Duleep: We need to meet back at Mister Green's shop. I must see the diamond with my own two eyes.
Jacob and Duleep reconvened with Evie and Henry at the curio shop, where Duleep presented the Koh-i-Noor.
- Henry: The Koh-i-Noor! If I may?
Henry took the diamond and struck it with a hammer, where it shattered immediately.
- Duleep: Glass?
- Henry: The real Koh-i-Noor never left India. Had I known you planned to reclaim it, I would have stopped you. My father ensured it never fell into Templar hands.
- Duleep: Your father, he has done a great service to me and my people.
- Henry: My words to you earlier were unfair-
- Duleep: You were not wrong. I, too, have grown frustrated with my lack of progress. Shall we let bygones be bygones?
Henry and Duleep shook hands.
- Evie: We need to find out who is behind all of this. And why have the Templars and the British Indies Company joined forces?
- Jacob: What we should do is track them down and destroy their headquarters.
- Evie: Jacob-
- Duleep: That... may not be such a terrible idea, Mister Frye.
Jacob, Evie, and Duleep smuggled the Koh-i-Noor out of the Tower of London, and Duleep was protected from accusation of stealing the diamond. However, Henry revealed the diamond was a fake, and he made amends with Duleep.