|The Fourth Part of the World|
Sofia's delivery is caught up in red tape. Recover it for her.
Get in and out of the port without being detected.
Ezio Auditore arrived at a port, where he found Duccio de Luca flirting with Sofia Sartor. After scaring off the unwanted suitor, Ezio assisted Sofia by locating her package on a boat filled with guards, through the use of his Eagle Sense. Afterwards, he took the package, which turned out to be a map, to Sofia's book shop.
Duccio met up with Sofia, as Ezio watched and then intervened.
- Duccio: Mia cara! (My darling!) The strings of fate have drawn us together. Two italiani (Italians), lost and alone in the Orient. Do you not feel the magnetismo (magnetism)?
- Sofia: I feel many things, messere. (sir.) Nausea above all.
- Ezio: Is this man bothering you, Sofia?
- Duccio: Excuse me, messere (sir), but the lady and I are–
Duccio turned around and recognized Ezio.
- Duccio: Ah! Il diavolo in persona! (The Devil himself!) Stay back!
- Ezio: Duccio. A pleasure.
- Duccio: Run buona donna (dear lady!) Run for your life!
- Sofia: Who was that?
- Ezio: Un cane. (A dog.) He was engaged to my sister many years ago.
- Sofia: And what happened?
- Ezio: His cazzo (dick) was engaged to six others. Chiedo venia. (Excuse me.) So what brings you to these docks?
- Sofia: I took a break from my work to retrieve a package, but here they claim the captain's papers are not in order. So, I wait. Che seccatura. (Such a bother.) I could be here all day.
- Ezio: Let me see what I can do. I know a few ways to bend the rules.
- Sofia: Do you now?
- Ezio: Sì. (Yes.) I will meet you back at your shop.
Ezio climbed aboard the ship unnoticed, and found the package.
- Ezio: Sofia Sartor. Perfetto. (Perfect.)
Ezio returned to Sofia's shop.
- Sofia: Salute, Ezio. Any luck?
- Ezio: Madamigella (Miss) Sofia Sartor, libraia, (book monger,) Costantinopoli.
- Sofia: Oh no! Look at the damage. Did they use this to fight off pirates? Well, so far, so good.
Sofia opened up her package and unraveled a map from it, before admiring it.
- Sofia: Ah! Beautiful, no? This is a print of map by Martin Waldseemuller. See here? The new lands described by messer (mister) Amerigo Vespucci.
- Ezio: Poor Cristoforo Colombo. History has a strange way of unfolding.
- Sofia: What do you make of this body of water here?
- Ezio: A new ocean, perhaps? Most of the scholars I know claim the size of the globe has been underestimated.
- Sofia: Incredibile. (Incredible.) The more we learn about the world, the less we seem to know.
Sofia walked over to the table and retrieved the information Ezio desired.
- Sofia: Well, you honored your promise, here is mine fulfilled. If we are correct, this should show you the location of the first book. I must admit, my head is swimming with the prospect of seeing these books. This is knowledge the world lost, and must have again. Perhaps I could print a few copies to distribute myself. A small run of fifty or so, that should be enough...
- Sofia: Perché ridi? (Why are you laughing?)
- Ezio: Forgive me. It is a joy to see someone with a passion so personal and noble. It is... inspiring.
- Sofia: Goodness. Where's this coming from?
- Ezio: Grazie (Thank you), Sofia. I will return.
Ezio was able to recover Sofia's parcel from the boat, and also gained further information about the location of one of the Masyaf Keys.
- Ezio's sympathy for Cristoforo Colombo referred to the time when he assisted the explorer in beginning his voyage to the "New World" in Assassin's Creed II: Discovery.