- Henry: Ah! This is one that's most promising
- Arthur: An important detective is missing! Skullduggery is surely afoot!
- Henry: Solve it, and I'll write it up quick as you please!
Jacob or Evie started their investigation.
- Abberline (Det. Murphy): He's a friend of mine. The whole station is out looking for him as we speak. Ironically, he came here on an investigation himself - seems several people have gone missing in this part of town.
- Abberline (missing people): We've had reports of missing people over the last few months. Detective Murphy is just the most recent and the only one who's anybody to speak of.
- Moffat (Det. Murphy): He was in here askin' about missing people. Bought a meat pie, he did. Stayed and chatted for a few minutes, then headed off to the barber.
- Moffat (missing people): I'm told that some people have gone missing, but I don't know anything about it.
- Moffat (meat): George delivers meat for my pies. Lovely lad. I pay on delivery. I believe he picks it up from the local butcher shop.
- Butcher (Det. Murphy): You mean the annoying bloke nosing around? I told 'im to sod off.
- Butcher (meat): I pride meself on the quality of the beef I sell. Somebody selling cheap around here though, my sales have dropped off.
- Butcher (George): George? I don't know any George.
- Bean (Det. Murphy): An odd man, indeed. He spent a fair amount of time in here, poking around.
- Bean (missing people): Some people around town just seem to vanish. It is mysterious.
- Bean (manure): George delivers that to us. It's amazing - the flowers just grow and grow!
- Bean (George): Sweet boy. Constantly giving my assistant gifts. A jacket, a handbag and so on.
- Joanna (Det. Murphy): I saw him going into the barber shop when I was on my way to work.
- Joanna (missing people): In this kind of neighborhood, people come and go.
- Joanna (George): George is my sweetheart. I think he plans to propose marriage soon, maybe even today!
- Joanna (George): George! I hoped he'd stop by - I want to see his new haircut! He must be at his house. Oh, I do hope he proposes soon!
- Sodd (Det. Murphy): Yeh, I gave him a trim. He asked no end of questions. When I cut his hair, I notice a tattoo right at the base of his neck. A green celtic cross, it was.
- Sodd (missing people): You're right. Several people have disappeared over the past months. Some of 'em were customers of mine!
- Sodd (blood): I'm tryin' to quit drinking. Sometimes my hand shakes when I'm giving a shave.
- Sodd (George): George was in here earlier, gettin' a haircut. He wanted to look nice for his girl. He's been seeing Joanna from the flower shop for some time now. Said he's finally saved up enough money to pop the question.
- Jeffers (Det. Murphy): He came in asking lots of questions. I believe I answered them to his satisfaction.
- Jeffers (missing people): I suppose there are a few people I haven't seen in a while.
- Jeffers (George): Why would you want to know about him? Stupid boy. He does deliver tanned leather on occasion, but I really have very little to do with him.
- Crate of meat - A crate of meat, with no label. The meat smells a little odd.
- Bills - Bills paid. Several from George for meat delivery. It seems Mrs. Moffat pays promptly and gets a good deal from George.
- Manure - A sack of manure for plants. Examination shows that small bits of bone are mixed in. One appears to be a human knuckle.
- Woman's jacket - Made of soft brushed leather. Decorated with diamond-shaped holes.
- Leather bag - Made of pale leather. On the bottom is a fading green image. It appears to be a cross of some sort.
- Razors - Sharpened barber's razors.
- Blood - Several drops of blood. Someone has stepped in it, leaving a trail.
- Leatherworking tools - A collection of sharp knives and strong, thick needles. Also several awls, some of which would be used to punch distinctively shaped holes.
- Leather scrap - A sheet of leather with a diamond shaped hole in it.
- Ledger - A list of pick-ups and drop-offs. The pick-ups are mysterious. The drop-offs are: Meat delivered to bakery; Manure to florist; Leather to Tobias; Leather delivered to leather-worker. The totals show a thriving business - but the "supplies" gets most of the money.
- Diary - A diary entry indicating that George is becoming increasingly suspicious concerning his deliveries. "Now that I have enough set aside to propose to Joanna, I've written to a detective about my suspicions regarding the true source of the products I deliver."
- George's body - George is very recently dead. His chest has a puncture wound: a diamond-shaped hole.
Tobias Jeffers was accused of the murder.
- Jeffers: He was coming too close to figuring out where all those people went! Ha! They got parceled out to the baker, the florist and me!
- Arthur: You very cleverly puzzled that one out! A very unpleasant crime. Perfect for one of Mr. Raymond's penny dreadfuls!
|The murderer was Tobias Jeffers, who parceled his victims out to nearby shops.
- The memory is a reference to Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.