|The Deacon, Part 2|
Master Assassin mission
Kill your target with the hidden blade.
Ezio approached his apprentice.
- Ezio: Cyril of Rhodes remains a danger to this city. Do you understand why?
- Apprentice: I was overeager, Mentor.
- Ezio: You were hasty, thinking only of the kill, and not the approach.
- Apprentice: I can correct my mistake, Mentor. Cyril was spotted this morning, not far from here.
- Ezio: Bene (Good). We will find his trail together.
Ezio and his apprentice investigated and found a dead body.
- Apprentice: What is all this?
- Ezio: That is the body of the man who gave me Cyril's name.
- Apprentice: The Deacon is trying to clear his trail.
- Ezio: But not quickly enough. We can still find him.
Ezio and his apprentice continued onwards and found the Deacon.
- Ezio: There. The Deacon. It is unwise to kill a man in plain sight. What do you propose?
- Apprentice: I will create a diversion. If he gives chase, you follow.
- Ezio: Bene (Good). Do it.
Ezio's apprentice pickpocketed Cyril and began to run away.
- Cyril: Thief! You'll not get away! Guard! You cannot escape!
Cyril of Rhodes gave chase until finally catching up with the apprentice.
- Cyril: Assassin! I should have known you brutes were behind this.
- Apprentice: Who else, Deacon?
- Cyril: You are meddling in affairs far outside your understanding. Go hide in your haystack! A pity you Assassins work alone. It will take longer to kill you all. So what happens now, Assassin?
Ezio assassinated Cyril while the Templar was distracted.
- Cyril: What do you hope to hear, Assassin? That I regret my associations? Never. Rome abandoned us in our time of need. The west turned a blind eye to the Ottoman juggernaut. Is it any wonder that I should turn to man with more honor, more courage, and more vision? I regret nothing...
- Ezio: Requiescat in pace.
Ezio and his apprentice succeeded in assassinating Cyril of Rhodes, and prevented the murder attempt on the Patriarch of Constantinople.