Chase and catch the Thief.
Citizen recruitment mission
A man told Ezio of a woman slipping worthless coins into men's pockets. Ezio decided to investigate.
Ezio walked up to a man.
- Man: You there! Hello! Can you help me?
- Ezio: What is troubling you, amico (friend)?
- Man: There is a madwoman in this district putting curses on people with little silver coins!
- Ezio: Curses?
- Man: Well, not curses exactly... but old Byzantine coins. She is sneaking them into our pockets while our heads are turned, and I do not find it funny!
- Ezio: Keep your leggings on. I will have a look.
Ezio found the thief.
- Ezio: Ferma! (Stop!) Stop!
Ezio chased and tackled the thief.
- Ezio: Quite a trick you have there. Slipping worthless coins into men's pockets. Have you ever been caught?
- Thief: Not once! Although I have, on occasion, TAKEN money as well. But only to feed myself.
- Ezio: Why do you not put that trick to better use. Fight with the Assassins. Work for a just cause.
- Thief: Hm. Well it would be nice to be a part of something larger than myself. Evet (Yes), I will fight with you.
The thief joined the Assassins, starting out as an Apprentice.