Ezio met with a pair of mercenaries on top of the city walls.
- Ezio: So, these are the new cannons?
- Mercenary 1: Yes, Signor (Mr.) Ezio.
- Ezio: May I try one?
- Mercenary 1: Yes, but...
- Mercenary 2: Go on. Tell him.
- Mercenary 1: We cannot seem to make them work properly and the fool who mounted them is nowhere to be found.
- Ezio: Then it is up to me to find him.
- Mercenary 1: We do not want to waste your time.
- Ezio: It is not any trouble. I have all the time in the world now.
Ezio walked around the battlements of Monteriggioni, searching for the engineer, and found him sleeping on the walkway within a watch tower.
- Ezio: Salve, Messere (Hello, Mister). We need you to fix the cannons on the battlements.
- Engineer: Leave me be. I do not begin repairs before noon.
- Ezio: Do you know what time it is?
- Engineer: I make cannons, not clocks.
- Ezio: If you are busy, someone else will fix them.
- Engineer: Uno momento (One moment). No one else will touch my cannons.
The engineer got to his feet and began to walk back to the cannons with Ezio.
- Engineer: Soldiers have no respect for artillery. They expect a gun to work like magic. You need to feel her out, give her a little encouragement. We are only equipped with simple cannons now, but I got hold of a design from Francia (France), a hand cannon, something called a Wrought Iron Murderer. Imagine, firing a cannon... from your hands. That is the future.
They arrived back at the cannons.
- Engineer: What have you done?
- Mercenary 1: We used them.
The engineer grabbed the mercenary by his clothes.
- Engineer: They were not ready for firing! You could have gotten us all killed. Let me see.
- Mercenary 2: His breath is more fatal than our cannons.
- Engineer: Only when you two fools are shooting them. There. Try it. Aim at something to test the alignment.
When Ezio hit five target dummies, the Engineer spoke to him.
- Engineer: Perfetto (Perfect). At least someone here knows how to shoot. Now for the other one.
- Ezio: I must go.
- Mercenary 1: Thanks for your help. If you hear the cannons tomorrow, do not worry, we will be practicing at dawn.
- Engineer: Too bad it will not do you any good.
- Mercenary 2: Very funny. Now, fix the second cannon.
The cannons on the battlements were fixed and Ezio was free to roam around Monteriggioni.
- If Ezio missed a target, the engineer would say "The aiming mechanism is fine, the problem must be behind the cannon" or "Again!" if Ezio continued to miss.