Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Find the Engineer to repair the cannons so they can be tested.
1 January 1500
Ezio met with a pair of mercenaries on top of the city walls.
- Ezio: So, these are the new cannons?
- Mercenary 1: Yes, Signor (Mr.) Ezio.
- Ezio: May I try one?
- Mercenary 1: Yes, but...
- Mercenary 2: Go on. Tell him.
- Mercenary 1: We cannot seem to make them work properly and the fool who mounted them is nowhere to be found.
- Ezio: Then it is up to me to find him.
- Mercenary 1: We do not want to waste your time.
- Ezio: It is not any trouble. I have all the time in the world now.
Ezio walked around the battlements of Monteriggioni, searching for the engineer, and found him sleeping on the walkway within a watch tower.
- Ezio: Salve, Messere (Hello, Mister). We need you to fix the cannons on the battlements.
- Engineer: Leave me be. I do not begin repairs before noon.
- Ezio: Do you know what time it is?
- Engineer: I make cannons, not clocks.
- Ezio: If you are busy, someone else will fix them.
- Engineer: Uno momento (One moment). No one else will touch my cannons.
The engineer got to his feet and began to walk back to the cannons with Ezio.
- Engineer: Soldiers have no respect for artillery. They expect a gun to work like magic. You need to feel her out, give her a little encouragement. We are only equipped with simple cannons now, but I got hold of a design from Francia (France), a hand cannon, something called a Wrought Iron Murderer. Imagine, firing a cannon... from your hands. That is the future.
They arrived back at the cannons.
- Engineer: What have you done?
- Mercenary 1: We used them.
The engineer grabbed the mercenary by his clothes.
- Engineer: They were not ready for firing! You could have gotten us all killed. Let me see.
- Mercenary 2: His breath is more fatal than our cannons.
- Engineer: Only when you two fools are shooting them. There. Try it. Aim at something to test the alignment.
When Ezio hit five target dummies, the Engineer spoke to him.
- Engineer: Perfetto (Perfect). At least someone here knows how to shoot. Now for the other one.
- Ezio: I must go.
- Mercenary 1: Thanks for your help. If you hear the cannons tomorrow, do not worry, we will be practicing at dawn.
- Engineer: Too bad it will not do you any good.
- Mercenary 2: Very funny. Now, fix the second cannon.
The cannons on the battlements were fixed and Ezio was free to roam around Monteriggioni.
- If Ezio missed a target, the engineer would say "The aiming mechanism is fine, the problem must be behind the cannon" or "Again!" if Ezio continued to miss.