Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Okay, I think there really needs to be some qualifications for quotes on this page, some of them are just too random. (Seriously, what's the point of having "Desmond, shut the fuck up, please."?) In a minute, I'll be removing several based on some standards I propose (which are listed below), but anyone feel free to revert me if you object.
- Should be self-contained (not circumstantial, or those that only apply under very specific circumstances, such as Altaïr's "Nine lives in exchange for mine...")
- Should be substantial or quotable (not necessarily inspirational, but can at least be used out of its original context. When else would one say "He moves like a cat!" or "Don't you recognize me? It's-a me, Mario!"?)
- Should be short (not really a requirement, but preferred.)
- Should NOT be included just because they're funny (Ezio's "A minute is all I need. Wait... that came out wrong." is amusing yeah, but I wouldn't call it quotable.)
- Should NOT be character-specific (quotes that just illustrate a character's personality, such as Shaun's "Hello Desmond. Go away.", might be better found on the specific character's page.)
Also, I'm not so sure what to do with the translations of the guards' quotes. "Pathetic!" and "Who did this? Tell me!" don't exactly meet the standards, but I find it useful to know the translations. For now, I'll just leave them in their own section. =GuardDog 06:28, July 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Sure Odran, you can go ahead and format it character-wise if you think that'll be better. I just objected to what quotes were on there, not necessarily in what order. =GuardDog 06:59, July 8, 2012 (UTC)
- I hear you, Vatsa. Up there, I mentioned the soldier quotes "don't exactly meet the standards", but I still do think they're useful, since AC doesn't provide subtitles/translations for any non-English speech. I just wasn't sure where they could be placed, if not here. Should they just be scrapped entirely? =GuardDog 06:20, July 9, 2012 (UTC)
Hey guys, I was thinking that the Quote page should have a Modern-Times section. I know the ones that we had were really unnecessary, but we can find great quotes in the modern day, like Clay's sum of memories quote or a Desmond Journey quote. Plus, we're getting more Desmond than ever so I'm guessing more modern day quotes coming. Assassinchicken (talk) 18:23, October 19, 2012 (UTC)
AC3 Quotes Edit
Basically ALL of the quotes are from trailers and not found in-game. While one which is in game is spoken by a different person. Now, unless someone can tell me why we have these quotes here I would like to remove them. ThatRandomUser ~Lair of Randomness (Enter at own risk) 17:55, November 3, 2012 (UTC)
I agree, although the "because no one else will" does appear in the game, it wasn't Achiles. Do you think is too soon to start writing AC3 real quotes? Assassinchicken (talk) 03:15, November 4, 2012 (UTC)
Accented characters for Turkish Edit
Why does this page exist?Edit
Honestly, why? We have all mission related speech on the mission articles; and the quotes on these page are often so obscure they're not worth inclusion. This article should be deleted. --Jasca Ducato Council Chamber Assassination record 17:23, November 13, 2012 (UTC)