- Can a SysOps please add Template:ACIII to the foot of the page. --Jasca Ducato Council Chamber Assassination record 03:55, March 19, 2012 (UTC)
The Mohawk ARE a tribe, not WERE a tribe. We're not extinct.220.127.116.11 15:13, April 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Our wiki's policy is that articles should in past tense. The articles are related to the AC universe, not the real world.--OdranoellutaTalk✲ 15:19, April 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Edit: Added a couple factual additions. Namely, another varitation of the name in their language as well as removing "Native American" term.LancelotLoire (talk) 13:56, October 19, 2012 (UTC)
Renaming the Page
- No, i've spoken with Master Sima Yi and he didn't feel the need to change. Also, look at the Mohawk Wikipedia page, it is just Mohawk JoeJoe2416 Assassins! Wikians! 16:51, November 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Personally speaking, I'd name it Kanien'keha:ka but have a redirect so when someone types in "Mohawk" it'll lead them to that article. Supreme Master AssassinO Mentoras 16:54, November 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah i like Supreme's idea Kanien'keha:ka (Peoples of the flint or People of the flint) seems a more fitting coinage.Trever09 A place for Chivalry | Blog 17:13, November 19, 2012 (UTC)
- It's a lot more authentic and that's what they were originally called, "Mohawk" is just colonial adoption or some kind of English transliteration. Besides, the only reason the Wikipedia page has it spelled as "Mohawk" is because not many people will remember how to spell "Kanien'keha:ka". Think about it. Do any of you type in "Ratonhnhake:ton" in the Wiki's search bar? Supreme Master AssassinO Mentoras 17:25, November 19, 2012 (UTC)
What about the Silent Shadow, he's also a Mohawk.
Are they Mowhawk?
Are we sure the villages mentioned are a mowhawk tribe? I know Haytham Kenway calls Kaniehtí:io a Mowhawk in one scene, but in a later scene in which she is naming off the tribes of her allies, he asks her who she represents. She responds with, "I represent myself." If she's a bit of a free agent, it's possible that she could have allied herself with any given tribe to rest during her pregnancy. Do we have confirmation based on the way the tribes are depicted that they are Mowhawk? I have heard that the voice actors used were Mowhawk tribe members.
18.104.22.168 18:27, November 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes we are sure the village belonged to the Mohawk. The location of the village at the time was around where the Mohawk lands were. The voice actors hired are members of the Mohawk tribe and I am guessing can speak it. The characters were named in the Mohawk way. Ubisoft hired a Mohawk cultural advisor while working on the game, and as far as I know they didn't hire somebody from another tribe. LancelotLoire (talk) 21:59, November 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Well it may have been a reference that most of the Kanien'keha:ka were lumped with the rest of the Iroquois Confederacy and fought with the British. Perhaps Kaniehtí:io, did not agree with this association and fought for her own interest of perhaps just ousting out all of the people that threatened hers. Connor's voice actor is not from the tribe, native american but not part of the tribe. AlexAdlerMy Nest 00:56, December 11, 2012 (UTC)
- First off, yes, Ziio wanted to fight of her own accord, but she was a member of the Mohawk since it mentions it in her Animus database entry. Secondly, just because Noah Watts comes from a different Native American tribe, it doesn't mean Connor isn't. I don't even get why you mentioned that for. Slate Vesper (talk) 01:16, December 11, 2012 (UTC)
- I was clearing up what LancelotLoire was wondering. AlexAdlerMy Nest 01:33, December 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Slate, he mentioned it because LancelotLoire said that the majority of the 'Mohawk' tribe people were voiced by actual Kanien'ken:ka, which is not entirely the case with Connor's voice actor. Supreme Master AssassinO Mentoras 02:54, December 11, 2012 (UTC)
- I see. Sorry if I caused any confusion. For a moment, it looked as if you were countering Lancelot's statement, as opposed to backing it up. Slate Vesper (talk) 05:09, December 11, 2012 (UTC)
Nation > Tribe
Per this interview with consultant Thomas Deer, I have changed instances of tribe to nation because the latter was a more accurate description of native organisation. I think in game, only Samuel Adams calls the Mohawk a tribe, and as we know he's not one for the facts. --Alientraveller (talk) 19:23, December 4, 2012 (UTC)
Burning of the Village
I just want to clear things up for myself... in the article it says that Connor's mother, Kaniehti:io was killed underneath burning rubble when he was five years old. But his article says he was born in 1756, so does that mean the village was attacked by the colonists in 1761 instead of 1760? Or is there an error somewhere and Connor was actually born in 1755? Supreme Master AssassinO Mentoras 08:45, December 7, 2012 (UTC)
I live on the seneca indian resorvation and I'm happy that the mohawk are in some form of game/media. Not many people know about that little bit of new york.
i understand most of the language they speak and that just tops it for me.22.214.171.124 15:50, May 31, 2014 (UTC)