- This article is about the memory of Arno Dorian. You may be looking for the memory of Ratonhnhaké:ton.
|Stop the Presses!|
The spread of new and radical ideas is what helped sustain the French Revolution. A spread of ideas made possible by the new Printing Press technologies, putting the power to write in the hands of the people. Some misused this power, spreading slander and rumors about public figures. Stop Templar agents from using the printing press to turn public opinion against the Comte de Mirabeau.
- Citizen: Who is writing this filth?!
Good to see a friend of Mirabeau in these troubling times.
- Arno: Who is publishing this propaganda?
- Citizen: I don't know, but I'd love to wring their necks. Maybe you find them.
- Arno: I'll see what I can do.
- Town crier: Come! Read what Versailles doesn't want you to hear!
Mirabeau and Marie Antoinette caught together in the Royal Bedchamber!
Mirabeau's allies are shocked to discover that he has betrayed the revolution!
Mirabeau betrays the revolution! Caught colluding with the King!
Mirabeau sympathizes with the King! His Royalist plot exposed!
Arno stole the manifest from the town crier and tracked down the printing press.
- Templar: What's the next headline?
- Printer: "Mirabeau's love child with the Queen revealed!"
- Templar: Hah! Perfect, print it!
- Printer: How many copies would you like?
- Templar: I want to wallpaper Paris with them.
- Printer: I think we'll need a bigger machine...
- Templar: When will the next batch be ready?
- Printer: I'm moving as fast as I can.
- Templar: I'll pay double if it's ready by tonight.
Arno sabotaged the printing press, lighting it on fire and ending the slander of Mirabeau's name.