Sticky bomb casings were a component that was used in the crafting of bombs by Ottoman Assassins, which could stick to any surface due to its resin coating, including clothing and armor.
As a finished bomb was armed with a 5 second fuse, they were best used to eliminate or isolate specific targets, as well as being attached to an individual that was heading in the direction of the intended target.
- Ezio: "Tell me about your special bomb casings."
- Piri: "Well, I have some sticky resin bags. My uncle Kemal had a wild fondness for them. During Bayezid's conflict with Venezia (Venice), he was a captain in the Ottoman navy. He liked resin bombs because they stuck to almost any surface… the hulls of large ships, for instance."
- ―Piri Reis, describing the effectiveness of a sticky bomb casing to Ezio.[src]
When crafted with the casing, a bomb would stick to any surface and would explode after 5 seconds, which ensured that whatever was targeted would always be in the epicentre of the blast, allowing for maximum effect.
In terms of bomb-crafting, sticky casings could be used in conjunction with any gunpowder type or ingredient.
- Throwing a sticky bomb at someone would not alert them, and they would be unaware of the bomb until it exploded.
- The sticky casing was the rarest of the four variations, as Piri Reis' shop was the only place that sold them.