Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Paris, French Republic
31 October 1792
- Arno: What do you know about grain merchants?
- Élise: Good to see you too. Most of them are very poor just now. Why?
- Arno: I have a lead on Germain. He has a woman named Marie buying up grain shipments and diverting them to a private dock.
- Élise: Marie Lévesque?
- Arno: You know her?
- Élise: The Lévesques have been Templars since the Third Crusade. Marie was the only one who argued against Germain's exile; I'm not surprised she's thrown in with him.
- Arno: Any idea where we might find her?
- Élise: Not her, no. But what little grain makes it to Paris these days is unloaded at the Hôtel de Ville docks.
- Arno: Promising. I'll start there.
- Élise: Perhaps I can learn something of Madame Lévesque's whereabouts.
Arno left for the docks.
- Guard: Order, order!
- Citizens: Let us through!
- Guard: One at a time!
Arno reached the docks and saw a barge sail past the dock workers.
- Worker 1: Hey! Come back here!
- Worker 2: You've missed the quay, you dolts!
- Worker 3: Where are you going?
- Arno: Time to chase a boat.
Arno followed the barge.
- Captain: To port!
Pull! Pull! Pull!
Faster, you dogs!
Watch to starboard!
Row, god damn you!
- Woman: Look out!
A cargo crane collapsed, clearing the path for Arno. The barge stopped at a guarded quay.
- Captain: Heave to! Tie off that bowline!
- Lévesque: Captain. Any problems?
- Captain: No, madame.
- Lévesque: You have your orders?
The captain pulled out his orders.
- Captain: Here, madame.
- Lévesque: Good. And I'm instructed to tell you to make certain one of the bags leaks.
- Captain: Err... yes, madame.
- Captain: Get to work!
Arno stole the orders from the captain and escaped the docks. He then read the orders.
- Arno: The Palais Luxembourg, eh? And what are you up to there?
Arno learned from Élise that the woman hoarding grain was called Marie Lévesque. Stealing a set of orders from the captain of a grain barge, he discovered that Lévesque would be at the Luxembourg Palace.