- "I've always known that in your heart, you were a scientist first, a Templar second."
- ―Alan Rikkin to Sofia, 2016.[src]
Sofia Rikkin (born 1980) is a scientist and the head of the Abstergo Foundation Rehabilitation Center in Madrid. She is also the daughter of Alan Rikkin, the former CEO of Abstergo Industries and part of the Templar Order's Inner Sanctum, with whom she had a difficult relationship.
In 1984, Sofia's mother was killed by an Assassin when she was still a toddler. After achieving brilliant studies in her adolescence, Sofia consequently decided to follow in her father's footsteps and joined the Templar Order.
In 2006, she discovered Layla Hassan, a college dropout, and recruited her into Abstergo's Young Innovators program. Promising her a place on the Animus Project, the two became close acquaintances, but cut ties from each other some years later.
By 2014, she was put in charge of the Abstergo Foundation Rehabilitation Center in Madrid, where she studied violence and tried to find a cure for it. In 2016, she witnessed the death of her father at the hands of Callum Lynch.
Personality and characteristics
An idealist, Sofia believes she can better the world through her work at Abstergo and seeks to eradicate humanity's violent impulses using science and the Pieces of Eden. In doing so, she hopes to create a more peaceful society.
- The name Sofia is derived from the Greek Σοφια, which means "wisdom". In the movie novelization, Alan Rikkin mentions that she was named for this reason.
- Sofia speaks three languages fluently.
- Sofia seems to share some of Callum Lynch's ancestry, as one of his ancestors appearing through the Animus was a female Assassin whose appearance was identical to Sofia's.
- Assassin's Creed: Heresy (first appearance)
- Assassin's Creed: The Movie
- Assassin's Creed: The Official Movie Novelization
- Assassin's Creed Origins (mentioned only)