- "I've always known that in your heart, you were a scientist first, a Templar second."
- ―Alan Rikkin to Sofia, 2016.[src]
Sofia Rikkin (born 1980) is a scientist and the head of the Abstergo Foundation Rehabilitation Center in Madrid. She is also the daughter of Alan Rikkin, the former CEO of Abstergo Industries and part of the Templar Order's Inner Sanctum, with whom she had a difficult relationship.
In October 2016, Sofia came into contact with Callum Lynch, a criminal whose Assassin ancestry was of interest to the company. During their time together the pair formed a connection but when Lynch's escape from the Foundation led to the death of Alan Rikkin at his hand, Sofia dedicated herself to chasing down her father's killer.
In 1984, Sofia's mother was killed by an Assassin when she was still a toddler. After achieving brilliant studies, Sofia followed in her father's footstep and joined the Templar Order.
Personality and characteristicsEdit
An idealist, Sofia believes she can better the world through her work at Abstergo and seeks to eradicate humanity's violent impulses using science. In doing so, she hopes to create a more peaceful society.
- The name Sofia is derived from the Greek Σοφια, which means "wisdom". In the movie novelization, Alan Rikkin mentions that she was named for this reason.
- Sofia speaks three languages fluently.
- Sofia seems to share some of Callum Lynch ancestry, as one of his ancestors appearing through the Animus was an Assassin female sharing the traits of Sofia.
- Assassin's Creed: Heresy (First mentioned)
- Assassin's Creed: The Movie (First appearance)
- Assassin's Creed: The Official Movie Novelization