|Something to Remember|
Enter the Clan Mother's longhouse to start the spirit journey.
Avoid mid-air collisions - 2
Kanièn:keh, Iroquois Confederacy
4 October 1769
- Clan Mother: I know you wonder why it is we do not wander from these woods. Why it is we do not join the other Kanien'kehá:ka in war. Tonight, you will have your answers. Our village sits on sacred ground. And it is our duty - above all other things - to keep it hidden from the world.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Even if it means allowing our enemies to gain strength?
- Clan Mother: It is a difficult position for us. We are caught between the need to act - and the knowledge that doing so endangers us.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: What is so important that you would see us imprisoned by ourselves?
The Clan Mother then handed Ratonhnhaké:ton an artifact.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: What is it?
- Clan Mother: A door.
The artifact activated.
- Juno: Greetings guardian.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Are you... a spirit?
- Juno: You may think of me as such.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Where am I?
- Juno: You are where you were before. If you mean to ask what it is you now see - it is known as the Nexus. From here, probabilities are calculated so that the proper path may be chosen.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: What path?
- Juno: Yours.
Juno then took Ratonhnhaké:ton on a spiritual journey, in which they took on the form of eagles.
- Juno: Follow me.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: What have you done to me?!
- Juno: Selected a form familiar to your culture. It is designed to ease navigation. We have waited millennia for your arrival. You - who will bring to him the last piece. That he may open the door.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: I do not understand.
- Juno: Nor need you. I sense my words cause pain... But such was not my intention. You are important, child. In more ways than you will ever know. As we speak, forces gather in secret, preparing to seize control of the land. If they succeed, the sanctuary will be breached. Yours is a special lineage. Past. Present. Future. Many are connected to you. Many who have changed the world. Who will change the world. So too, shall you. I have called you here that you might know your duty. You must protect the sanctuary from those that would undo our work.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: What sanctuary? What work?
- Juno: Maintaining your current course will result in a negative outcome. Premature access will destabilize the region. Your village and its people will be destroyed.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: What am I to do?
- Juno: You will learn of a man who will provide additional training. Seek this symbol. No doubt you have many questions. Time will see them answered. For now, you must follow. Leading is for later.
A little while later, the Clan Mother and Ratonhnhaké:ton met near the water.
- Clan Mother: Where, Ratonhnhaké:ton? Where did you see that symbol?
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: The spirit showed it to me. She said I would meet a man who would show me the way forward.
- Clan Mother: Hmm.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: The men from beyond the valley will return here, I've known it for a long time now. And so have you, even if you choose to ignore it.
- Clan Mother: We are sworn to protect this place... But you are right as well. The world is changing, and we cannot hide forever.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: I will not sit here and wait for our end.
- Clan Mother: Then I release you. You may leave.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Why have you changed your mind?
- Clan Mother: Because I cannot change yours. Take this. You will find what you seek in a place to the east. It was there I saw the symbol. It was borne by a man who will surely help you, as he once helped your mother.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Thank you.
- Clan Mother: Yours is a noble heart. But I fear you expect too much. Go. Seek your symbol. Find your way.
Ratonhnhaké:ton set out to find the meaning of the symbol that was shown to him, which took him to the Davenport Homestead.