After being defeated by King Washington and losing his mother, Kaniehtí:io, once more, Ratonhnhaké:ton was told by Oiá:ner to climb the Red Willow tree and gain the strength provided by the tea of its branches.
- Oiá:ner: He is awake.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Where are we?
- Oiá:ner: A safe place. By the grace of your brothers.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: The village!
- Oiá:ner: King George burned it. He was after your mother – your stubborn mother.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Where is she?
- Oiá:ner: She did not listen and now she is dead. You take the news well.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: It is something that I knew – that I know. But Commander Washington, the Revolution. How did this come to be?
- Oiá:ner: No one knows how King Washington came to possess the scepter; but now that he has it, no one can stop him. We were surviving, staying out of his way. But your mother tried to steal it from him. And that just angered him more. Now our kin are dead and the people of the Frontier are murdered and imprisoned.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: How did we survive?
- Oiá:ner: By the strength granted us by the Great Willow. A strength you now must find.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: But my mother. She said–
- Oiá:ner: Your mother was a fool. Full of ideals and bull-headed. Now that King George's power has been threatened, he is making slaves of everyone! Ratonhnhaké:ton, it falls to you to make good on your mother's mistake. Journey to the Great Willow, climb her, retrieve the virgin boughs in her canopy. Drink their essence and gain the power to fight, to bring down this mad King George.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: What power?
- Oiá:ner: Gather your strength and I will show you.
Ratonhnhaké:ton recovered his strength and stepped outside of the cave.
- Oiá:ner: You are ready. The Great Willow at the top of the mountain.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Yes. I will return with the boughs and perhaps some fresh meat to cook.
- Oiá:ner: Never mind the meat. Just bring back the branches, boil them in water and drink the tea. Only then will you be ready to return and fight back with your brothers.
- Teiowí:sonte: Drink her strength. Become one of us.
- Oiá:ner: Leave no tracks leading here upon your return. Go.
- Teiowí:sonte: I will meet you at the Red Willow tree.
Ratonhnhaké:ton traveled to the Great Willow tree, where he met Teiowí:sonte and Kahionhaténion at its base, near a campfire.
- Teiowí:sonte: You are on your own now.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: How dangerous is it?
- Teiowí:sonte: Each journey to the Sky World is unlike any other. For some it is very dangerous. You will find your answers are at the very top of the willow.
Ratonhnhaké:ton climbed the Great Willow tree and cut off one of its boughs, before he returned to the tree's base and brewed the tea.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: I am sorry, Mother. I must speak to Washington, to make sense of this. It is the only way.
Ratonhnhaké:ton drank the tea and violently vomited, before being transported into the Sky World, where he met his spirit animal, the wolf. Ratonhnhaké:ton followed the wolves through the Sky World, learning how to stalk elk using their heartbeat. Towards the end of his journey, Ratonhnhaké:ton absorbed the power of the spirit animal, and obtained Wolf Cloak. Ratonhnhaké:ton awoke next to a dead elk.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: Was it just a dream? Could I... Could I actually ...?
Ratonhnhaké:ton found himself surrounded by Bluecoats.
- Bluecoat: You best stop moving.
Ratonhnhaké:ton used his new-found ability to escape the soldiers, but soon realized he was missing his equipment.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: My tomahawk! They have taken it! I shall enjoy getting it back.
Ratonhnhaké:ton used Wolf Cloak to kill a nearby guard.
- Ratonhnhaké:ton: No one can stop me with such a power!
Ratonhnhaké:ton used his new ability to sneak into the nearby camp and recover his equipment.
Ratonhnhaké:ton recovered from his encounter with Washington and unlocked the abilities of his spirit animal, the wolf, by drinking the tea of the Great Willow.