The Silent Shadow (harvested from: Atasá:ta) was an Animi Avatar used by the entertainment branch of Abstergo Industries, as part of their plan to influence the general public, via the console stage of the Animus technology. He used a tomahawk as his specialty weapon, with which he delivered death as quietly as a breeze.
The Silent Shadow had several unique moves:
(Low Profile, Front)
Approaching his target from the front, the Silent Shadow pulls out his tomahawk and butts its head into their stomach, winding them, which makes them bend over. After this, he swings his hatchet down at his victim's exposed back, severing their spine and subsequently killing them. Following this, he then removes his tomahawk and watches as they collapse backwards.
(Low Profile, Back)
Sneaking up to his target from behind, the Silent Shadow takes out his tomahawk and embeds it into the right of their hip, making them recoil in agony, before he removes his weapon and strikes down hard in between their shoulder blades. Driving his victim to their knees, he lets them collapse as he sheathes his hatchet.
(High Profile, Front)
Rushing at his target head-on, the Silent Shadow slides his leg underneath theirs and trips them backwards. As they are left disadvantaged on the floor, he removes his tomahawk from his belt and forcefully chops it into his victim' heart, before pulling it free and leaving them for dead.
(High Profile, Back)
Running over to his target from behind, the Silent Shadow swiftly chops his tomahawk into the side of their waist. As they recoil back in pain, he savagely strikes his victim in the heart with his hatchet and slams them to the floor, where they cough up blood due to the forceful impact.
Jumping down from above, the Silent Shadow pounces onto his target with his tomahawk, before he brutally smashes it into their head, killing them instantly. Following this, he gets up and hastily yanks his weapon out, leaving his victim's body on the ground where it lays.
The Silent Shadow grabs his seated target's foot and drags them off the bench, until their head rests against it. Before his victim can do anything to defend themselves, the Silent Shadow forcefully kicks them in the face, violently sending their head backwards and breaking their neck on the bench behind them.
- "I will tear you apart!"
- "Hurry, the afterlife awaits!"
- "Face me coward!"
- "I will send you back to the Great Spirit."
- "You will curse my name."
- "I'm claiming your life!"
- "Feel my revenge!"
- "You cannot defeat me!"
- "No one can stand in my way!"
- "You will not escape your fate!"
- "Let our fight begin."
The Silent Shadow could be customized in several ways:
- Color 1: Canary yellow.
- Color 2: White.
- Color 3: Black.
- White Costume
- Dark Costume
- Alternative Costume 1
- Alternative Costume 2
- Silent Hunter Costume
- Warrior Costume
- Head 1: Scout Hairstyle
- Head 2: Nomad Hairstyle
- Head 3: Urban Hairstyle
- Main clothes:
- Clothes 1: Scout Shirt
- Clothes 2: Nomad Shirt
- Clothes 3: Urban Shirt
- Secondary clothes:
- Clothes 1: Scout Shawl
- Clothes 2: Nomad Shawl
- Clothes 3: Urban Shawl
- Legs 1: Scout Leggings
- Legs 2: Nomad Leggings
- Legs 3: Urban Leggings
- Belt 1: Scout Sash
- Belt 2: Nomad Sash
- Belt 3: Urban Sash
- Scar 1: A relatively long scar across the nose bridge.
- Scar 2: A diagonal scar across the right eye, bisecting the eyebrow. The eye itself appeared unharmed.
- Scar 3: Another diagonal scar, beginning in the middle of the right cheek and stopping just above the upper lip.
- War paint:
- Primary war paints:
- Primary War Paint 1: A block of war paint, stretching from the hairline to the upper jaw, with the nose left relatively clean. Accents above the eyebrows had also been left unpainted.
- Primary War Paint 2: A block of war paint that covers the upper cheeks, the forehead and a large part of the head. The nose and accents above the eyebrows remain unpainted.
- Primary War Paint 3: A block of war paint covering the whole left side of the face.
- Secondary war paints:
- Secondary War Paint 1: A band of war paint across the eyes and nose bridge, giving the appearance of a mask. A string of four dots of paint were placed above both eyebrows.
- Secondary War Paint 2: Two thick, wavy streaks of war paint on both cheeks, descending diagonally towards the jawline.
- Secondary War Paint 3: A collection of random markings, featuring a triangle that passes over the right eye, cheek and forehead, a diagonal string of dots across the lower left cheek and four symmetrical stripes stemming from the bottom lip and ending slightly faded at the chin.
- Primary war paints:
- Quality Tomahawk
- Superior Tomahawk
- Hunter Spear
- Superior Hunter Spear
- Adorned Rifle
- Superior Adorned Rifle
- Hidden Blade
- Short Hook
- The Silent Shadow could only be unlocked through the activation of a Ubisoft Passport, except with the PC and Wii U versions of Assassin's Creed III, where he is automatically unlocked.
- The Silent Shadow shares his third taunt animation with the Deacon, his High Profile, Front animation with the Sentinel, and his High Profile, Back animation with the Champion, though he uses his axe for both kills.
- During development, the Silent Shadow was originally known as "The Black Bird".