Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
21 October 1600
- Naomasa: Ha! Our enemies crumble before us!
- Taka: Calm yourself, Naomasa. While this fight has been won, the battle is not yet decided.
- Naomasa: Yes, you're right. No cause for celebration just yet. Ishida Mitsunari will certainly attempt to send reinforcements.
- Taka: Over half of his force has yet to enter the battle. They could outnumber us greatly if they advanced. Why do they hesitate?
- Naomasa: In secret, Tokugawa Ieyasu has promised leniency to many of them if they opt not to fight, or to turn to his side.
- Taka: Are they so certain of defeat?
- Naomasa: They lack a true leader. Mitsunari is commanding their side of the battle, but ambition above his station has made his allies reluctant to obey him.
- Taka: But we still have--
- Naomasa: Aagh!
- Taka: Rifles from the North! Pull back, everyone, out of range! Naomasa, are you okay?
- Naomasa: Fine. Barely a scratch.
- Taka: That scratch, as you call it, is bleeding heavily. Who fired on us? I don't recognize the banners.
- Naomasa: Shima Sakon. The man can shoot like no other.
- Taka: I've heard the name before. Stay here and see to your wound. I shall return.
- Naomasa: Taka! Where are you going?
- Taka: I'm going to pay a visit to Sakon. I intend to let him know he is just as vulnerable as we are.
- Sakon: You will not claim me so easily, intruder!
- Taka: You may have escaped me this time, but I will return. Mark my words.
- Sakon: Go ahead! You can try a hundred times, and still you will not claim my life.
- Taka: Then I will try a hundred and one.
- Taka: You claim to shoot well, Sakon, but this time it wasn't enough.
- Sakon: So it seems. Still, I served as best as I could. I have no regrets.
- Taka: You should have aimed for me instead of Naomasa.
- Sakon: This is war. You don't aim at individuals, you aim to reduce overall numbers. That I hit anyone of note is mere chance.
- Taka: Naomasa will be sad to know it wasn't personal.
- Sakon: He lives, then? I see he has luck on his side, whereas I do not.
- Taka: He claims the injury is less severe than it actually is. He lives, but I doubt he will go to war again.
- Sakon: So there something to be shown for my efforts after all.
- Taka: Yes. You have done your part, and now your role in this story is over.
- Sakon: Then I bid you farewell.
Assassin's Creed: Memories sequences
|Golden Age of Piracy|